Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Countdown to the season

This is a double-edged thread. On the one hand, I see it as an opportunity to express our excitement/apprehension/whatever that the season is finally about to start. On the other hand, I'm curious to see how many posts it takes before this thread degenerates into a series of regurgitations regarding moves the team did or did not make this offseason.

So, yay! Season's starting in just a couple of days! Should be a fun ride! I'm looking forward to it because I have low expectations and so am prepared to be pleasantly surprised instead of pissed off at underachieving yet again.
    Adipose
  • SFW
    PB Official Game Thread Starter
    • Jul 2013
    • NY
    • USMC
    • Send PM

Cheers to being excited about a mediocre season and hope of a glorious future (near-future)! Go Chargers!!!!
    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Opera singer and web developer.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
      Cheers to being excited about a mediocre season and hope of a glorious future (near-future)! Go Chargers!!!!
      Excited because it's football season! Never mind the season's prospects, I am ready for some football!

One of my happiest moments as a Charger was when Carney booted us to our only win of the 1-15 season. Great moments can happen in otherwise shitty seasons!

And I echo the sentiment Q recently posted: We can relax this season, precisely because we have no expectations. I won't be in a sour mood all week after a Chargers loss, because I'm not expecting a winning team this year. The losses will be shrugged off; the wins happily accepted as an unexpected bright spot on the season. This promises to be a much happier and less stressful season than the past 3.
      Adipose

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I'm hoping we get a last minute phone call from the governor...

Comment

• Heatmiser
          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I think the Chargers have passed the mantle of underachiever, talent laden team to the Texans.

In fact, the Texans remind me very much of the Schottenheimer Chargers. Great running game. Very good OL. Good QB play. Strong, attacking defense with good pass rush. Wade calling the defensive shots. Choke big time when it counts.

Yep. They are the new Chargers.

TG
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Looking forward to watching the young guys grow as a team. Should be a lot of fun to watch the Bolts this year. I only wish Ingram was out there. I was looking forward to watching him this season. But there are plenty of things to be excited about as a Bolts fan no matter the record when the season ends.
            Last edited by oneinchpunch; 09-03-2013, 12:08 PM.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• SFW
              PB Official Game Thread Starter
              • Jul 2013
              • NY
              • USMC
              • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
              Looking forward to watching the young guys grow as a team. Should be a lot of fun to watch the Bolts this year. I only wish Kngram was out there. I was looking forward to watching him this season. But there are plenty of things to be excited about as a Bolts fan no matter the record when the season ends.
              I'm really looking forward to....... watching the continued rise of Reyes and Liuget, seeing how Brown and Allen develop, seeing Woodhead implemented into the offense and seeing if Mathews can stay healthy and get back to pro-bowl type numbers.
              1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
              2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
              3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
              4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
              5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
              6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
              7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Memonybolt
                • Jul 2013
                • New York city
                • Send PM

Playing against the Texans will help us know where we stand as a team, so, I'm ready for the season to start and watch the Chargers surprise other teams. I think that as long as we are not hit hard by the injury bug, it will be very interesting to see what McCoy and TT bring to the table and maybe win more games than expected. Unconditional Charger fan here.
                Memohm1976 on espn

Comment

• TABF
                  Por debajo del promedio
                  • Jun 2013
                  • SoCal
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                  I'm hoping we get a last minute phone call from the governor...
                  • Originally posted by Some President
                    Jack, we have a situation... What are your thoughts on this quote above?

• Originally posted by "The" Jack Bauer
                    Thank you for asking Mr. President (heavy breathing/almost out of breathe), I just got off the sat-phone with Choloe and she informed me that Den 60 is one of those radical, non conforming types... Quite frankly Mr. President, he isn't known for his optimism. People have called him snarky, but I have not been given a full debrief to make as assessment on that accusation.

As you well know Mr. President I have the weight of the world on my shoulders, I wish you would call on someone else to beat down the 'half empties'. As we speak I have CTU conducting surveillance on Chargers practice. I would prefer to make a statement on the Chargers after I have a full body of work to analyze. All this being said Mr. President, I do think the San Diego Chargers have a chance to surprise a few teams (more heavy breathing, panting [almost])
                  • Originally posted by Some President
                    Why Jack, I thought you wanted to do it all, that is the image you portray with all the 'over breathing' and a phone that seems to never need a charge...Who would you suggest I put on the case of the "Half Empties"
                  • Originally posted by "the" Jack Bauer
                    Mr. President, I am running low on patience....here are Chuck Norris, Steven Seagall and that descent looking Doctor from ER's phone numbers. Give them a call and see if they have time.... Quite frankly, the half empties bore me Mr. President

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

I am looking forward to watching and discussing the games despite the constant thread crapping of the Triumvirate of Gloom!

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      Looking forward to watching the young guys grow as a team. Should be a lot of fun to watch the Bolts this year. I only wish Ingram was out there. I was looking forward to watching him this season. But there are plenty of things to be excited about as a Bolts fan no matter the record when the season ends.
                      Well put, sir.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                        Grammar Police
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Is anyone going to watch the Ravens Bronko's game Thursday night??? Should we start a thrread on it? Since its not a Chargers thread it could be safe from those half empties...
                        Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                        X