• Show
Clear All
  • Charged up
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Hate to say it....

(I am wincing while typing this)

I am almost hoping PR implodes this year. The 2014 draft looks like it's going to produce a bumper crop of QB's dripping with talent. A high draft pick could lock us up our next franchise QB for years to come.

I would be on board to grab a kid and start him immediately or even take the slow boat and let Rivers tutor the youngster for a couple of seasons. PR's contract is up in 2015 if I'm not mistaken.

Am I being too pessimistic about PR? Or am I being optimistic about building for the future?
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

If Rivers was a little older I could see your thinking, but I really think with some OL help to keep him clean he can be very productive for another 3-4 years. While I think grooming your QB for a year or two is severely underrated in this league I don't think now is quite the time to look to the future, especially with the other holes in our roster. I am being extra watchful of those Freshman/ Sophmore QBs though because in a couple years I would like to see us grab one to sit and learn from Philip for a bit.

Comment

• BoltBalls
      Always keep eye contact!
      • Jun 2013
      • SD!
      • Send PM

So in other words, you are hoping for a 3 win or less season (that hasn't started yet) to get a top pick in next years draft. Why bother even being a fan of the team? :laugh:

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
        So in other words, you are hoping for a 3 win or less season (that hasn't started yet) to get a top pick in next years draft. Why bother even being a fan of the team? :laugh:
        ^^^THIS^^^

Comment

• Charged up
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Wait... So because the season hasn't started I can't think ahead post 2013? :jerkit:

Comment

• BoltBalls
            Always keep eye contact!
            • Jun 2013
            • SD!
            • Send PM

I'm just saying that talk like that is ludicrous. A fan roots for his/her team to win. If you want the QB to "implode" then our team won't be winning much if at all. Plus, this is before the season even has begun!

Comment

• SFW
              PB Official Game Thread Starter
              • Jul 2013
              • NY
              • USMC
              • Send PM

I'm just saying that talk like that is ludicrous. A fan roots for his/her team to win. If you want the QB to "implode" then our team won't be winning much if at all. Plus, this is before the season even has begun!
              I put this in the same category of fans that want the team to tank the last game or two of the season to get a better draft pick. I just can't get on board with either thought process.
              1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
              2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
              3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
              4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
              5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
              6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
              7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Bad juju
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I don't think Rivers has to implode in order to get us a top 5 pick. If he is about the same as last year then I think 3 wins should give us a high enough pick to choose his replacement should we decide to do so.

Comment

• BoltBalls
                    Always keep eye contact!
                    • Jun 2013
                    • SD!
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                    I don't think Rivers has to implode in order to get us a top 5 pick. If he is about the same as last year then I think 3 wins should give us a high enough pick to choose his replacement should we decide to do so.
                    :salma:

Comment

• Charged up
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

I do want the Chargers to win. More than anything. But if you've looked at the trends in ALL area's (passing, defense, rushing, TD's, sacks etc etc) we are currently in a free fall. You'd rather ride that down to the bottom or be proactive and try and stop the decent?

So let me ask you: Would you take a 9-7 season and miss the playoffs? (9-7 is very unlikely BTW) Or a 3-13 season and get a top tier QB prospect for the future?

Comment

• Charged up
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

:salma:
                        I could seriously watch all day. one of the best racks of all time.

Comment

Working...
                        X