• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
    cant believe you guys can still talk about rivers. I mean, when is enough enough?
    Now we can't talk about Rivers even when the thread is about him?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
      Grammar Police
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      It is rare. Didn't say I would do it myself. I just don't see a reason to say that Rivers is being a team player because he agreed to getting $5M in a lump sum now rather than over 3-4 months.

And I am my employer. I see no reason to give money back because since I bought this business I have outsold the best year the previous ownership ever did by a significant amount each year since I took over. This year will be our best even with a down domestic market though I have to thank Google for a late resurgence here in the states. Much of my income is tied to the success of the company. If the company doesn't make as much neither do I.
      Deversify!
      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
        Deversify!
        I believe he used prose. There's no verse to remove.
        Adipose

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

My dog thought the same thing.

Maybe he knows he isn't the problem?
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
            It is rare.
            Rare? As in never? Preposterous statement. Bad season(s) = player gives back money to prove he's a team player. LOL! Can't believe I missed the press release on the "rare" occasions that has happened.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
              Rare? As in never? Preposterous statement. Bad season(s) = player gives back money to prove he's a team player. LOL! Can't believe I missed the press release on the "rare" occasions that has happened.

I believe there have been players that have given back money in order to allow the team to go out and get someone(s) to make the team better I just can't remember whom. But the real point is being lost here; that Rivers didn't give anything up at all so there really is no reason to thank him for being a "team player."

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Yea, I'm with Den here. Players don't give back money willingly. They'll restructure all the time, but I can't recall when a player cut salary out of the goodness of their hearts.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  Yea, I'm with Den here. Players don't give back money willingly. They'll restructure all the time, but I can't recall when a player cut salary out of the goodness of their hearts.
                  That would make you against Den, here.

And the "team player" is that the team was up against the cap. He couldve easily asked that an extension be involved in any restructure.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• sandiego17
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

That's not the point at all, it's your point Den, which many dont agree with. He restructured getting nothing more out of it, how many players do that? It wasn't like he wasn't going to make this money this year, team had no leverage. Most players would exploit that, ask for more guaranteed, etc. Rivers didn't, just simply did it to help the team. He gave up leverage, that's giving up something regardless of your acceptance of that fact.

Comment

• Den60
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                      That would make you against Den, here.

And the "team player" is that the team was up against the cap. He couldve easily asked that an extension be involved in any restructure.
                      I see the point you are trying to make but you are saying that you think Rivers would have played the bad guy and used the club's need for salary cap relief this year as a way to leverage more years and more money out of them. I don't see him doing that and, like I said, he doesn't get hurt taking his money up front. I certainly don't see having Rivers not put a gun to his employer's head as being a sign that he is being a team first guy here. That is a helluva reach.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                        Exactly. Others can either discount or simply not acknowledge this, but doesn't make it less true. Leverage has value.

Comment

• Den60
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
                          That's not the point at all, it's your point Den, which many dont agree with. He restructured getting nothing more out of it, how many players do that? It wasn't like he wasn't going to make this money this year, team had no leverage. Most players would exploit that, ask for more guaranteed, etc. Rivers didn't, just simply did it to help the team. He gave up leverage, that's giving up something regardless of your acceptance of that fact.
                          He didn't have to do anything except deposit a bigger check this week. I guess he could have held out for gas money to drive to the bank.

Comment

Working...
                          X