• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Norv is over-rated as a coach, agian I say he got his notarity from being the Dallas Cowboys Offensive Cordinator and he was doing it with great talent, Troy Aikeman(HOF), Emmit Smith(HOF), can't stand Mike Irvin(HOF), and they had a good offensive line. Look at Norv's track record, Washington Redskins, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Charger. With the Chargers he inherint a loaded roster Ladanian(still in his prime at the time), Micheal Turner, Rivers, Gates(younger), Vincent Jackson, Floyd, and the Defense wasn't too bad either Jammer, and Cromartie(Talented-Bonehead), Shaun Phillips, Weddle. He couldn't get it done period. As the OC of San Fransico he got a lot of credit, but San Franciso Defense was winning them games, Alex Smith was average at best QB, there top weapon was Frank Gore and they weren't putting up alot of points.

Now in Cleveland they have a good defense kind of like San Franscico had when Norv was there, Cleveland has a potential stud running back in Trent Richardson and a QB Brandon Weeden who may be slightly below average, but I believe Cleveland can win games like San Francisco did when Norv was there really alot on the RB, having the QB playing not to lose the game, and rely on a solid defense.

Bottom line Norv is over-rated Cleveland fans are going to be screaming for Chud and Norv's head. Norv was suppose to improve Weeden like he did Alex Smith, but truth of the matter Alex Smith didn't improve much over what he was in previous years that's why Harbuagh was cool with putting in Kapernack and trading Smith. Let the buyer beware Alex Smith will not take Kansas City far at all, he is strictly a ball manager stlye QB not a difference maker, he doesn't have a strong arm as Weeden. Smith will benefit from having a good defense, but down the stretch when games tighten up for a playoff run you will see Alex Smith is average at best.

Final Line
    Norv Turner is below average with average offensive talent
    Norv Turner is just barley average with good offensive talent.
    The Dallas experience he had Jimmy Johnson as the head coach and all the above mention talent. You take that away from Norv's resume tell me how impressed are you with him?

Comment

• BoltBalls
      Always keep eye contact!
      • Jun 2013
      • SD!
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
      Norv is over-rated as a coach, agian I say he got his notarity from being the Dallas Cowboys Offensive Cordinator and he was doing it with great talent, Troy Aikeman(HOF), Emmit Smith(HOF), can't stand Mike Irvin(HOF), and they had a good offensive line. Look at Norv's track record, Washington Redskins, Oakland Raiders, San Diego Charger. With the Chargers he inherint a loaded roster Ladanian(still in his prime at the time), Micheal Turner, Rivers, Gates(younger), Vincent Jackson, Floyd, and the Defense wasn't too bad either Jammer, and Cromartie(Talented-Bonehead), Shaun Phillips, Weddle. He couldn't get it done period. As the OC of San Fransico he got a lot of credit, but San Franciso Defense was winning them games, Alex Smith was average at best QB, there top weapon was Frank Gore and they weren't putting up alot of points.
      Don't forget Shawne Merriman still in his "prime" at that time as well.

I picked up Minnesota's Defense in fantasy football this week playing at home vs Norv's Browns.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltBalls View Post
        Don't forget Shawne Merriman still in his "prime" at that time as well.

I picked up Minnesota's Defense in fantasy football this week playing at home vs Norv's Browns.
        Good move Hoyer starting at QB, even though they are getting their best reciever back in Josh Gordon a deep threat, Norv will have the QB take an 8-step drop and look deep and get sacked repeatedly and will make no adjustments. So in taking Minnesota's D you basicaly making a logical pick Norv will screw this one up for Cleveland again!

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Yup, Campbell has been Norv'd.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
            No Sir, I Dont Like It
            • Jun 2013
            • Section 457
            • Migrant Film Worker
            • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
            Is NOrv a RB killer?
            Silent but deadly
            Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
            sigpic

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              Norv had his place and his time. It hasn't been in any of the last several jobs he's held and that includes when he was our offensive coordinator under Marty. He drove me batshit insane that year.
              Time to snap out of this batshits
              sigpic

Comment

• sandiego17
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Now that Norval doesn't have that deadweight holding him back, look for Cleveland to score a second TD someday! GU-RU. Felt like Richardson was the problem all along.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

Just maybe... Richardson wanted the fuck out?
                  sigpic

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The Factory of Sadness added another shift. Maybe they won't screw up the draft this time... yeah right.

Comment

Working...
                    X