• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltFan84 View Post
    Chargers looked pretty good for majority of this game. Defense was solid, but 3rd-and-longs are killer, and lead to D staying on field too long & getting gassed at end of game. By contrast, Texans D had more juice at end of game, since we scored quick & early, after which they successfully got off the field on 3rd down, in 2nd half.

On Offense, we need to see if there's enough potential outside of Rivers, since Rivers will give us brilliant games, but won't provide for winning record on his own.
    Defense was a disappointment, they gave up 450 offensive yards.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Vermstyr View Post
      Have you been taking lessons from OIP about putting words into people's posts?
      Lessons, no. But I have been trying to find ways to be more obtuse. I'm glad it's working so well

I was more just playing on the way the post was written. Obviously I know you didn't want us to get blown out.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
        How about this, we won 3/4's of the game.
        That's great if you wanna be annoying.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Yes. Of course we knew what Houston was going to do on offense last night. Depth is going to be a big problem this week, especially up front. People are talking about how gassed we looked in the second half last night too.

I have been pointing out our issues with a lack of depth on defense since the beginning of free agency. I also said I was worried about our defense against the run. Houston gained 120 yards with a 4.3 ypc from their backs. Our backs gained more than a yard less than that.
          And I don't think anyone has ever disagreed with those concerns, Den. That's the strange part.

Comment

• Parcells
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Defense was a disappointment, they gave up 450 offensive yards.
            The offense was more of a problem last night. If we can do anything for the last 1.5 quarters, we eat up some clock, give the defense a rest, and maybe have a shot to win it. The only time our defense got any rest was when Rivers threw the pick 6 on third down and thus we had two straight three and out possessions. Houston's a good offense, and no defense is going to be able to stop the bleeding when the offense does nothing for them.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
              The offense was more of a problem last night. If we can do anything for the last 1.5 quarters, we eat up some clock, give the defense a rest, and maybe have a shot to win it. The only time our defense got any rest was when Rivers threw the pick 6 on third down and thus we had two straight three and out possessions. Houston's a good offense, and no defense is going to be able to stop the bleeding when the offense does nothing for them.

There is the point that if they did a better job on third down they would have gotten more rest as well. I will probably watch the game over to take a better look at our backups along the O-line but my first impression was that they were pretty bad. Nowadays you really need a rotation along the d-line.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

if you know your defense doesn't have the depth to rotate players out....and that there are a lack of pass rushers on the team, playing some keep away with your offense running out the clock when you are up by 21 should have been a consideration.

Comment

• BoltFan84
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

It is yet to be seen if Chargers can sustain their offensive success, but one good sign was how well it has performed in Red Zone. Very well executed plays, and VB's touchdown was something to behold. One knock on Norv's offense, last couple of years, was its failure to punch it in for TDs when it gets in close. Let's hope they keep it up, and good things will happen

Comment

• homeless simpson
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltFan84 View Post
                    One knock on Norv's offense, last couple of years, was its failure to punch it in for TDs when it gets in close.
                    the other knock was being too pass happy in the redzone, and we were too redzone pass happy on Monday.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                      No Sir, I Dont Like It
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Section 457
                      • Migrant Film Worker
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                      That's great if you wanna be annoying.
                      #selfawareness
                      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X