• Show
Clear All
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    Any of us could have written this:

Very sad...but very true. Why would Donald Butler even WANT to stay?

You know, you can follow Gregg Doyel on Twitter.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      Any of us could have written this:

Very sad...but very true. Why would Donald Butler even WANT to stay?
      Agree and disagree which some of what he said.

McCoy and TT need time to shape the team into what they want. Whether or not that's going to be a winner remains to be seen, but they deserve that right. You just wonder if blowing out the QB needs to be part of the plan. yeah yeah I know, 4 TDs last night, but INTs deep in your territory late in games are just killer. I honestly think Rivers is auditioning for his job this year.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• KNSD
        Registered Charger Hater
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Blame me. They were doing great until I decided to say that all our problems were over now that AJ and Turner are gone.
        Prediction:
        Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
        Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
        Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• OhioBolt
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I am going to put this on the coaching staff; TT gets a pass you can't rebuild the team in a year.

The coaches no the limitations of the team and also knows the strength of the opponents.

Up 28-7 I appluade them for coming out agrress on that 1st drive in the 3rd Quarter after that all down hill after that drive.

Houston strength is the running game but down by 21 you know they have to pass more than they would like. So why where the DB's playing so far off especially Cox. Andre Johnson was the key because he is there go to guy and we let him run free all over the place. I remember when Gates would be doubled team and sometimes trippled team. Why tell me why didn't we double their best reciever, make their QB go some other recieving option. Andre Johnson was huge in the 3rd quarter and we did nothing to slow him down.

Our offense play calling questionable, why you don't run behind Clary and Fluker is amazing they where creating holes in the pre-season and Matthews was hitting it with authority. I feel like they panic when the score was 28-21 and we went 3 consective pass plays and punted.

When you play a talented team like Houston and you get out 28-7 you have to keep the medal to the floor the D was pathetic we benefited from Houston dropping pass on 3rd down, or a penaltiy moving them back. Pass coverage was terrible, and our offense couldn't stay on the field long enough to give our D a rest.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
            SLAM DUNK!
            • Jun 2013
            • East County San Diego
            • Bolt fanatic
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
            I honestly think Rivers is auditioning for his job this year.
            QB's can be hard to find and I am not saying run the guy out of town just to get rid of him.....BUT we need to be looking and if we see an oppurtunity to get a QB in here that we can believe in and if an oppurtunity presents itself we should jump on it whether that be a trade or a guy we like falling to us in the draft or a free agent.

If Rivers is not gone it is still time to bring someone in here who can seriously compete for his job. The list of QB's in this league who are performing better than him is growing all the time.
            migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Boltx
              Dominate the day
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
              QB's can be hard to find and I am not saying run the guy out of town just to get rid of him.....BUT we need to be looking and if we see an oppurtunity to get a QB in here that we can believe in and if an oppurtunity presents itself we should jump on it whether that be a trade or a guy we like falling to us in the draft or a free agent.

If Rivers is not gone it is still time to bring someone in here who can seriously compete for his job. The list of QB's in this league who are performing better than him is growing all the time.
              This is what most people are advocating for. I wouldn't mind a 2nd or 3rd rounder used on a Kaepernick or Russell Wilson clone.
              ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
                This is what most people are advocating for. I wouldn't mind a 2nd or 3rd rounder used on a Kaepernick or Russell Wilson clone.
                We pretty much would have to get rid of Rivers if we go in that direction. You're talking about a completely different offense, the read-option, and that is one that Rivers cannot run even in his dreams.

Comment

• RobH
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Tokyo, Japan
                  • University English Lecturer
                  • Send PM

It seems like most people are blaming Rivers for that INT, but if you listen to the Dilfer interview that Rich posted, you'll hear Dilfer saying that 32 quarterbacks in the league make that same throw. He said the Texans made a hell of a call and that Cushing should have been nowhere near there. As far as Rivers staring the receiver down, that's kind of silly in my mind, because it was a blitz, and the man was on Rivers in less than 2 seconds. He threw the ball with a guy leaping at him from a full run. Rivers had no time to look anyone off, and he had only the hot route throw to. Again, Dilfer said every other QB would make that same throw.

As far as Rivers not doing the job in the second half, it's pretty hard to put it all on him. The fact is, there were crucial drops and the run game, when we did run, was virtually non-existent. Was Rivers supposed to lead block as well? Was he supposed to catch his own passes?

I mean, seriously, the dude puts up four TDs to one INT, and that's a ratio I would take any day of the week. 28 points should be enough to win most games, and this was 28 against a pretty damn good defense.

We have a ton of work to do and the OL and DBs need more time to coalesce, but this team is not near as bad as people think, and Rivers is not near as bad as people think.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Hard for me to argue with any of this.

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                      I blame the Texans for playing down to the level of their competition and shooting themselves in the foot at various points in the game. if not for that it would have been a sure blowout.
                      This...

It also proves Today's Texans are Yesterday's Chargers.

Comment

Working...
                      X