Put up cough up or break uo...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
      We do, thats why he gets limited carries...
      Then get rid of him. We can find a 4th rounder to carry the ball 13 times for 3-4 yards a clip. And probably do better at it too.

But if the coaching staff won't at least do their best to get him into those situations...then what's the point? Do you really believe he has dug himself that much of a hole that even with a completely new regime the guy can't get in on 3rd down or the 4th quarter?

Honestly I don't get it. Unless they are seeing something totally wrong from him in practice that he can't even redeem himself. What's the harm in grinding this guy out there and seeing if the light comes on or it doesn't? Regardless of practice or previous history, some guys just respond to playing time.

He's gonna get Rivers killed? Rivers is apt to get killed on any given play based on our OL play (according to many). He's going to fumble? He's going to cost us our precious super bowl aspirations???
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

I'm fine using him till he breaks.

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
          How many times in his career has he carried the ball that many times?

Get over the fact that he may fumble or that he's a china doll...if there was ever a season to see if he's up the task, this is it. If he's getting carries taken away from him LATE in games in clutch situations by RONNIE BROWN then he doesn't need to be on this team next year.
          I don't think he needs to be on the team this year. He fumbles. And he's not good enough of a runner or a pass blocker to put up with the turnovers.
          I'm happier with Ronnie Brown's draw plays.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Break it in
            Wear it out
            Make it do
            Or
            Do without.
            Go Rivers!

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
              Then get rid of him. We can find a 4th rounder to carry the ball 13 times for 3-4 yards a clip. And probably do better at it too.

But if the coaching staff won't at least do their best to get him into those situations...then what's the point? Do you really believe he has dug himself that much of a hole that even with a completely new regime the guy can't get in on 3rd down or the 4th quarter?

Honestly I don't get it. Unless they are seeing something totally wrong from him in practice that he can't even redeem himself. What's the harm in grinding this guy out there and seeing if the light comes on or it doesn't? Regardless of practice or previous history, some guys just respond to playing time.

He's gonna get Rivers killed? Rivers is apt to get killed on any given play based on our OL play (according to many). He's going to fumble? He's going to cost us our precious super bowl aspirations???
              I agree. If the coaching staff thinks he's good, then use him. But, if it's going to be like game 1 in which he gets benched for half the game, then get rid of him.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                I'm happier with Ronnie Brown's draw plays.
                are you saying the coaches are not creative enough to use Mathews on anything other than a straight ahead running play, even though Mathews got a TD on the first pass play of the game, and that Mathews isn't capable of running on a draw play?

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                I agree. If the coaching staff thinks he's good, then use him. But, if it's going to be like game 1 in which he gets benched for half the game, then get rid of him.
                we should get rid of Woodhead too because he was benched nearly all game and we only used him like we used Naanee i.e. only a miniscule few obvious pass plays

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

They used him correctly in the 4th Q, bringing him in for short yardage. Can't trust him to do much else.
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                    are you saying the coaches are not creative enough to use Mathews on anything other than a straight ahead running play, even though Mathews got a TD on the first pass play of the game, and that Mathews isn't capable of running on a draw play?

we should get rid of Woodhead too because he was benched nearly all game and we only used him like we used Naanee i.e. only a miniscule few obvious pass plays
                    So far, I haven't noticed Woodhead has a fumbling problem.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Ronnie Brown had some huge blocks. Especially on 3rd down. I think the coaches want to save both Mathews and Woodhead from taking that punishment.

But Ronnie was outstanding in keeping Rivers upright
                      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• homeless simpson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

todays game was more like how I was expecting the playing time to be distributed amongst the RB's, mostly how Woodhead would have been used. Use brown sparingly (or even just on redzone plays over Mathews). still, when the regime promises more emphasis on the running game in the offseason, we still aren't running as much in games (and hardly ever to right side)

Comment

• Beerman
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Eastlake
                          • Send PM

We had 30 carries and 125 rushing yards. We ran just enough this week. I'll take those stats every week.

I do think McCoy is trolling us running to the left side so often. Second half it's going to be all to the right side.

Comment

Working...
                          X