• Show
Clear All
  • chargerkdb
    Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Hotter than hell, Georgia
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
    God the have totally gone Hollywood now!

Just kidding happy to see this
    Swap protein shakes for latte's and cortisone shots for Botox.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Slauson at LG today.

Looks like we will need an OTA and Camp thread.

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
        Slauson at LG today.

Probably where he belongs.......at least until Lamp is ready...haha

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Slauson at LG today.
          Excellent.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Slauson at LG today.

Fleet, who was at center? Tuerk?

I think Lynn is really going to have a positive effect on the OL and the running game. Still not sure how he will fare overall as a HC, but pretty confident he is going to make big improvements in those two areas and they are areas the Chargers have had a hard time with since Marty left.

I still remember Marty reaming out the OL his first training camp. Saying he saw the film, his OL is not going to play like p###ies anymore. And making them run the same play, play after play after play until it became muscle memory.

TG
            Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I think Lynn is really going to have a positive effect on the OL and the running game. Still not sure how he will fare overall as a HC, but pretty confident he is going to make big improvements in those two areas and they are areas the Chargers have had a hard time with since Marty left.

I still remember Marty reaming out the OL his first training camp. Saying he saw the film, his OL is not going to play like p###ies anymore. And making them run the same play, play after play after play until it became muscle memory.

TG
              Not Fleet, but Lynn mentioned that they are looking at Tuerk and Pulley at Center.

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

TG
                No mention of Tuerk here

Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa was asked about his draft preparation a year ago, a process that ended with him being selected No. 3 overall.

Center shuffle

During offensive drills Tuesday, veteran Matt Slauson lined up at left guard, a shift after playing almost every snap last season at center.

Spencer Pulley, who signed with the team as an undrafted free agent last year, delivered the snaps to Philip Rivers while Kenny Wiggins played right guard with Orlando Franklin sidelined.

“We’re rolling guys right now, looking at different guys at different positions,” Lynn said. “We’re looking at [Slauson] at left guard. He’s played there before in the past for me and did a pretty good job.”

For Rivers, a change at center is nothing new as the team hasn’t settled on a full-time replacement for Nick Hardwick, who manned the position for 10 years but retired after the 2014 season.

“However it all ends up, yeah, I think that’s very important,” Rivers said. “Obviously, the QB-center exchange is very important. It’s a guy that I spend a great deal of time with, both in protections, and communicating my points and those sorts of things. That’s definitely something. And I have [to have] an emphasis from my standpoint so that that is a non-issue when we get to the fall.”

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
                  Not Fleet, but Lynn mentioned that they are looking at Tuerk and Pulley at Center.
                  This

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Tuerk is a ghost until someone actually sees him. And ghosts typically don't block well.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Is Tuerk the new Watt?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Rugger05 View Post
                        No mention of Tuerk here

Chargers defensive end Joey Bosa was asked about his draft preparation a year ago, a process that ended with him being selected No. 3 overall.

Center shuffle

During offensive drills Tuesday, veteran Matt Slauson lined up at left guard, a shift after playing almost every snap last season at center.

Spencer Pulley, who signed with the team as an undrafted free agent last year, delivered the snaps to Philip Rivers while Kenny Wiggins played right guard with Orlando Franklin sidelined.

“We’re rolling guys right now, looking at different guys at different positions,” Lynn said. “We’re looking at [Slauson] at left guard. He’s played there before in the past for me and did a pretty good job.”

For Rivers, a change at center is nothing new as the team hasn’t settled on a full-time replacement for Nick Hardwick, who manned the position for 10 years but retired after the 2014 season.

“However it all ends up, yeah, I think that’s very important,” Rivers said. “Obviously, the QB-center exchange is very important. It’s a guy that I spend a great deal of time with, both in protections, and communicating my points and those sorts of things. That’s definitely something. And I have [to have] an emphasis from my standpoint so that that is a non-issue when we get to the fall.”
                        Sounds like Franklin is ahead of schedule. He typically waits until the regular season to get sidelined. He has now matured to the point that he can be sidelined without doing anything!
                        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• chargerkdb
                          Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                          Tuerk is a ghost until someone actually sees him. And ghosts typically don't block well.
                          Bolts looked at 3 Center prospects that will be UDFA-late picks. With Slauson, Pulley, and Tuerk, I wonder if Tuerk my be dukeing it out in preseason for backup roster spot.

Comment

Working...
                          X