• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Screeme
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

IANA Lawyer, but it should only be entrapment if they dress as opposing fans, then find drunk people and tease them/provoke them to fight, then arrest them for disorderly conduct.

Simply dressing in a jersey *should* be fine in any stadium, which seems to be the point. I've been to several Seattle/San Diego games in full Chargers gear and its always been fine. But the rivalry with SF is a lot more intense.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      I think it's a great idea, entrapment or not. All stadiums should do it. Visiting teams' fans shouldn't have to worry about being harassed or bullied (or assaulted) just because they root for the other team. That's BS.
      Agree with QSmokey, and all the others who repeated the same below.

I don't drink anymore, but I don't have any problem with people wanting to have a few belts before and/or during the game.

SC, I can't even believe you went to a chiefs game in chargers gear.

But the amount of ignorant, drunk, a-holes out there is astounding.

This should become Mandatory League Policy...at all games. And let the fans know.

We WILL have undercover officers dressed up as fans of the opposition, and if you do choose to start a physical altercation and be threatening, we will have you taken care of.

I have no problems with some good ribbing back and forth...in fact when I attended the Chargers/Vikings game in the metrodome back in 1999, I sat next to a guy in a Cris Carter jersey, and we gave it back and forth the whole game...but in a friendly matter, and he even offered to buy me a beer later in the game.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
        Agree with QSmokey, and all the others who repeated the same below.

I don't drink anymore, but I don't have any problem with people wanting to have a few belts before and/or during the game.

SC, I can't even believe you went to a chiefs game in chargers gear.

But the amount of ignorant, drunk, a-holes out there is astounding.

This should become Mandatory League Policy...at all games. And let the fans know.

We WILL have undercover officers dressed up as fans of the opposition, and if you do choose to start a physical altercation and be threatening, we will have you taken care of.

I have no problems with some good ribbing back and forth...in fact when I attended the Chargers/Vikings game in the metrodome back in 1999, I sat next to a guy in a Cris Carter jersey, and we gave it back and forth the whole game...but in a friendly matter, and he even offered to buy me a beer later in the game.
        Several years ago, in the only year I had season tickets, a bunch of us were shootin' the shit at P3 before a Chargers-Bills game (Flutie's first year) and a couple of Bills' fans - obviously wanting to start a dialogue - walked right through the middle of our tailgate with "Flutie Sucks" jerseys (or something else equally as provocative). They were really cool guys. Just wanted to talk some football, exchange some good-natured smack, and have a good time.

I, for one, have no problem with people wearing their team's colors and rooting for their team. In San Diego, with a large portion of the population being transplants (myself included), it's a fact of football life. Which is why I get a kick out of OIP's "In town Charger fans suck!" lament. However, I would NEVER wear Charger gear to any other team's 'house'. Not in a million years. I have such a short fuse that the first hot dog or pretzel that clunked me on the head, I'd lose it. Of course, they'd be picking my bloody pulp of a body up off the stairs soon after, but that's beside the point. I just don't put myself in situations where I'm ASKING for a confrontation.

Very unfortunate, too. Because most of the fans are probably pretty cool, in all stadiums (Oakland excluded). It's the ignorant, loser minority that screws it up for the rest of us.

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I think there's a bandwagon effect going on with these teams that are finally playing good football. Casual a-hole fans come out of the woodwork and all of a sudden show up at games changing the mood, and then you get those fans from opposing teams that normally don't go to the local games talking crap. The long time season ticket holders usually sit next to other long-timers, so they don't see/hear the crap that goes on in the bad seats. Maybe if they legalize pot smoking in public will mellow out everyone, but that's hard to do when you have a rivalry game.

Comment

• thelightningwill
            Go Aztecs and Pads
            • Jul 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            I think there's a bandwagon effect going on with these teams that are finally playing good football. Casual a-hole fans come out of the woodwork and all of a sudden show up at games changing the mood, and then you get those fans from opposing teams that normally don't go to the local games talking crap. The long time season ticket holders usually sit next to other long-timers, so they don't see/hear the crap that goes on in the bad seats. Maybe if they legalize pot smoking in public will mellow out everyone, but that's hard to do when you have a rivalry game.
            I'll do this Nick Canepa Sez Me style.

Legalize it! I'll advertise it.

Just heard Daniel Tosh on the radio saying we need to legalize weed so the pot heads will have nothing left to talk about.

I've been drunk as a skunk and stoned to the bone at many football games. Never once has it entered my mind that I should punch or kick anybody because somebody roots for a different team. Fighting over sports is stupid as Hell. I don't get it. And, seriously, if drinking makes somebody want to fight, maybe somebody should stop drinking.

Comment

• Hard Charger
              Chargers fan since 1977!
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Maybe the game will make it on an episode of Cops.....

HC

Comment

Working...
              X