• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

So we opened at 60-1 odds and now are 100-1? Wow.

Comment

• Grinners
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      So we opened at 60-1 odds and now are 100-1? Wow.
      They must feel that others in the AFC West and/or AFC got more out of the Draft then we did?
      Speculation at best........................

Comment

• chargerkdb
        Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Hotter than hell, Georgia
        • Send PM

I hope you took it. I just went to oddschecker and best I can find is 66-1. Picking a SB matchup of Chargers/Cardinals is 350-1. LA matchup of Chargers/Rams 1000-1
        Last edited by chargerkdb; 05-04-2017, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
          They must feel that others in the AFC West and/or AFC got more out of the Draft then we did?
          Speculation at best........................
          They go with the money. Nobody putting anything down, they are trying to suck me in and it's working.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

My offshore bookie has it at 57:1.

Comment

• chargerkdb
              Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
              My offshore bookie has it at 57:1.
              Seeing 50-66 so 57 looks about right. William Hill Vegas giving way better than WH U.K.
              Last edited by chargerkdb; 05-05-2017, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Rugger05
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Saw the Chargers opened up +4 against the Donkeys

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Ahmad Thomas (Oklahoma) is one of the players invited to chargers mini camp on a tryout. He's a big physical box safety. Was a four star recruit. Had a good junior year. Numbers weren't there his senior year and he had a disappointing 40 time of 4.66. However, I think he is someone that can fit this defense, maybe even as a linebacker. I can't believe I've written this much about a guy that probably won't even get a contract, but I've always liked his game.

Comment

• CTrout
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                    Ahmad Thomas (Oklahoma) is one of the players invited to chargers mini camp on a tryout. He's a big physical box safety. Was a four star recruit. Had a good junior year. Numbers weren't there his senior year and he had a disappointing 40 time of 4.66. However, I think he is someone that can fit this defense, maybe even as a linebacker. I can't believe I've written this much about a guy that probably won't even get a contract, but I've always liked his game.
                    Addae and Jenkins are locks to make the team.....the other 2 or 3 spots would seem to be wide open. Thomas could certainly earn himself a spot.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by CTrout View Post
                      Addae and Jenkins are locks to make the team.....the other 2 or 3 spots would seem to be wide open. Thomas could certainly earn himself a spot.
                      At the very least I hope he gets signed. His long speed might not be there but his short area numbers are. If he can add weight he'd be a very intriguing LB, but either way, he belongs in the box. He was also a great special teamer in college, and that's always the main way an undrafted free agent gets his foot in the door.

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

2016 Season

In 50 career games (38 starts, including all 12 in 2016) has made 216 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 4 INTs, 1FR and 7 PBU...Named Honorable Mention All-Big 12 by the league's coaches...Voted one of four 2016 OU captains and named Preseason All-Big 12...On preseason watch lists for Thorpe and Nagurski Awards.

2015 Season

Named to All-Big 12 First Team by Phil Steele ... chosen for All-Big 12 Second Team by league’s coaches ... started all 13 games (eight at free safety and five at strong safety) ... in start at free safety, broke up a pass and tallied seven tackles in Orange Bowl against Clemson (12/31) ... started at free safety and tallied three tackles at Oklahoma State (11/28) ... intercepted a pass, broke up another and had one tackle in start at free safety against TCU (11/21) ... had an interception and four tackles at Baylor (11/14) ... led team with 10 tackles in start at free safety against Iowa State (11/7) ... made three tackles in start at free safety at Kansas (10/31) ... started at free safety and broke up a pass and had nine tackles against Texas Tech (10/24) ... in start at free safety made one tackle at Kansas State (10/17) ... recorded six tackles against Texas (10/10) ... intercepted a pass and had eight tackles, including a sack, against West Virginia (10/3) ... assisted on first sack of career and finished with 10 tackles against Tulsa (9/19) ... had a team-high 11 tackles at Tennessee (9/12) ... made two tackles against Akron (9/5).

2014 Season

Started all 13 games at free safety ... tallied 10 tackles in Russell Athletic Bowl against Clemson (12/29) ... broke up a pass and made five tackles against Oklahoma State (12/6) ... intercepted first pass of career and made two tackles against Kansas (11/22) ... had six tackles at Texas Tech (11/15) ... set career high with 14 tackles and had 0.5 tackles for loss against Baylor (11/8) ... recorded five tackles at Iowa State (11/1) ... made three tackles against Kansas State (10/18) ... tallied 10 tackles against Texas (10/11) ... registered six tackles at TCU (10/4) ... had seven tackles at West Virginia (9/20) ... made three tackles against Tennessee (9/13) ... posted three tackles at Tulsa (9/6) ... made first start of career against Louisiana Tech (8/30) and recorded a pass breakup and one tackle.

2013 Season

Played in 12 of 13 games, missing Tulsa contest (9/14) ... recorded one tackle and returned a kick two yards at Oklahoma State (12/7) ... had a season-high six tackles against Iowa State (11/16) ... recorded first two tackles and first TFL of career at Baylor (11/7) ... made Sooners debut against ULM (8/31).

High School

Early enrollee at OU ... four-star recruit by 247sports.com ... three-star recruit by ESPN, Rivals and Scout ... leader of two-time Florida Class 6A Championship team ... selected for Semper Fidelis All-American Game .. had 82 tackles, a sack and an interception as a junior ... No. 27 safety by 247Sports, No. 36 by Scout and No. 58 by ESPN ... No. 44 player in Florida by 247Sports and No. 71 by Rivals ... also had offers from Auburn, Florida State, Notre Dame, North Carolina State and West Virginia.

Personal

Son of Marvice Thomas ... majoring in Arts & Sciences Planned Program.

Draft Scout Player News
                        12/20/16 - 2016 ALL-BIG 12 FOOTBALL HONORABLE MENTION (COACHES): Ahmad Thomas (DB),...In addition, freshman offensive lineman Bobby Evans, junior defensive back Steven Parker, sophomore offensive linemen Ben Powers and Dru Samia, senior defensive back Ahmad Thomas and junior offensive lineman Erick Wren were each named honorable mention at their respective positions, while Mixon earned honorable mention honors as a returner. Mayfield also received honorable mention recognition for Offensive Player of the Year and junior linebacker Emmanuel Beal had the same for Defensive Newcomer of the Year. - Oklahoma Football

12/14/15 - 2015 ALL-BIG 12 FOOTBALL SECOND TEAM (COACHES): DB Ahmad Thomas, Oklahoma, Jr.,...Six OU players were named to the All-Big 12 Second Team. Redshirt freshman Mark Andrews earned a spot on offense, while sophomore defensive lineman Charles Walker, junior linebacker Jordan Evans, junior defensive back Ahmad Thomas, sophomore defensive back Jordan Thomas and freshman punter Austin Seibert were all selected for defense. It was the first career All-Big 12 honors for each of the six. - Oklahoma Football

Comment

• Bolt-O
                          Administrator
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Comment

Working...
                          X