• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Guy Lombardo View Post
    The dline is the most troubling, the three starters should be looking better than they have, I have a hard time believing it's fatigue and I doubt that Pagano has screwed up the Dline schemes. The secondary may take some time, but I do think it will get better and so will the LB's when Teo is back. English is seems worthless, so again we have a 34 with weak OLB's. Freeney is a good addition, but he's not a true 34 OLB. We pretty much have Johnson and that's it.

Still, what is up with Luiget, Thomas and Reyes not looking good? Even Weddle hasn't been himself.
    The D line is missing Franklin. The whole rest of the defense suffers when the nose guard position is absent or filled by somebody who isn't very good. Cam was fine playing nose guard in spurts, but he's not good enough to be relied on as a full-time starter - not yet anyway. That position takes a long time to get good at. The rotation of Franklin and Cam or the younger version of Garay before that was fine. But, since the decline of Jamal Williams and other than those particular moments when we had Franklin and Cam or the good Garay, our defense has sucked.
    Last edited by thelightningwill; 09-22-2013, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X