• Show
Clear All
  • Beerman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Eastlake
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Guy Lombardo View Post
    Or a sack, no they made the right call and we had them pinned within their 5 yard line. Only a pathetic, epic meltdown prevents us from winning. We made the smart higher percentage move to win.
    Well hard to get a sack when the ball is out in 2 sec. That's the whole reasoning behind my quick pass play.

Comment

• Chargerville
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Sep 2013
      • Send PM

I do understand this line of reasoning, however, all I know is that we had a QB that went 20-24 1 TD 0 INT, (who was coming off another clutch win/huge performance), even with the O-Line guys hurt, I don't think 1 pass, which would have been required to get a first down, would have hurt (especially when we were efficiently and effectively running the ball)!

We're an offensive team, not a defensive team, so if the offense tried but couldn't win it, then I personally would have been less upset with the defense choking, because at least we would have tried to let the strength of our team (our offense/passing game) win the game.

But that's me!
      Last edited by Chargerville; 09-22-2013, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Actually, when we formed that line I told my son that we would run the ball. But I do have to say that people on here said that McCoy's offense would not be restricted by our o-line's shortcomings...

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2013
          • Send PM

Titans had to go 90+ with no timeouts in 2:00 minutes.

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
            Actually, when we formed that line I told my son that we would run the ball. But I do have to say that people on here said that McCoy's offense would not be restricted by our o-line's shortcomings...
            Oh I think most people figured we would run and I understood the call given the circumstances. I just don't think we should have. They should of tried to win it right there because of how beat up the D was. I mean we were using a fucking CB off the street in the game.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Aug 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
              Oh I think most people figured we would run and I understood the call given the circumstances. I just don't think we should have. They should of tried to win it right there because of how beat up the D was. I mean we were using a fucking CB off the street in the game.
              They are trying to build Rivers back up, making him throw with that line was asking too much. If Dunlap and Rhinehart were still in there, I would have been OK with that. But the line they had in there was a disaster in the making.

Comment

• Chargerville
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Guy Lombardo View Post
                Titans had to go 90+ with no timeouts in 2:00 minutes.
                And they did just that! With our defense, did you really doubt in your gut that they would?

Me and my friend watching pretty much knew (or should I say, had a very very bad feeling) they would.

My friend said to me, You know Jake Locker was a comeback guy in college ... I wouldn't be surprise if the Titans find a way to beat you guys in a Doug Flutie/style big play/comeback fashion.

... Needless to say, we loss!
                Last edited by Chargerville; 09-22-2013, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

The worst part is Gilchrist makes the easy pick and then doesn't wrap up the ball and let's it get popped out. Brutal. The D HAD to make a play and let it get away.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

'But I do have to say that people on here said that McCoy's offense would not be restricted by our o-line's shortcomings'

Who? Do you have any links?

Comment

• homeless simpson
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

the bolts O could have at least milked the play clock down on every single play in the 4th quarter, which, out of the 3 games where we were ahead, we only gameplanned to keep the opposing O off the field in ONE game...and it's the only one we won. that's 1 game out of 3 where you can say we had proper time management.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Chargerville View Post
                        I do understand this line of reasoning, however, all I know is that we had a QB that went 20-24 1 TD 0 INT, (who was coming off another clutch win/huge performance), even with the O-Line guys hurt, I don't think 1 pass, which would have been required to get a first down, would have hurt (especially when we were efficiently and effectively running the ball)!

We're an offensive team, not a defensive team, so if the offense tried but couldn't win it, then I personally would have been less upset with the defense choking, because at least we would have tried to let the strength of our team (our offense/passing game) win the game.

But that's me!
                        I feel the same.

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Opera singer and web developer.
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
                          the bolts O could have at least milked the play clock down on every single play in the 4th quarter, which, out of the 3 games where we were ahead, we only gameplanned to keep the opposing O off the field in ONE game...and it's the only one we won. that's 1 game out of 3 where you can say we had proper time management.
                          The playclock was at about 3 seconds on every snap, and we were calling running plays to ensure the clock kept moving. How much more milking could we have done???
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X