• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thelightningwill
    Go Aztecs and Pads
    • Jul 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
    Cox was TT's big offseason defensive signing who is making about $5M per year and who was supposed to be a big improvement over Cason and Jammer. Ain't seeing it myself. I suppose we should be thankful he hasn't gotten hurt yet.
    Cox is a big improvement over Cason or Jammer. However, Wright, who was hurt last year, is already hurt this year. I'd rather have Cason over Wright - Cason was below average for a starter but at least he played just about every week.

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
      Cox is a big improvement over Cason or Jammer. However, Wright, who was hurt last year, is already hurt this year. I'd rather have Cason over Wright - Cason was below average for a starter but at least he played just about every week.
      I don't see Cox as being a $5M CB even when he is healthy right now. I think our secondary is worse than last year in fact. In the last two weeks we've made Vick and Locker look like pro-bowl QBs. I can't imagine what will happen when we go up against a really good QB.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

I don't see Cox as being a $5M CB even when he is healthy right now. I think our secondary is worse than last year in fact. In the last two weeks we've made Vick and Locker look like pro-bowl QBs. I can't imagine what will happen when we go up against a really good QB.

I think Weddle being played out of position hurts.
        I think whoever has replaced Bigby is not as good as Bigby.
        I think Cox is better than Jammer (until Cox gets hurt).
        I think Wright was probably as good as, if not better than Cason when Wright played, but I think the backup today was not as good as Cason.
        I think the nickle back is not as good as Wright.
        I think we're getting less of a pass rush because of some changes made up front and that has hurt the secondary.

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I think Weddle being played out of position hurts.
          I think whoever has replaced Bigby is not as good as Bigby.
          I think Cox is better than Jammer (until Cox gets hurt).
          I think Wright was probably as good as, if not better than Cason when Wright played, but I think the backup today was not as good as Cason.
          I think the nickle back is not as good as Wright.
          I think we're getting less of a pass rush because of some changes made up front and that has hurt the secondary.
          I've always liked Weddle more in the box than downfield.
          The person who replaced Bigby is Gilchrest. I didn't like moving him from CB to safety.
          Cox is getting paid a lot less than Jammer or Cason. Are we getting our money's worth?
          Wright hasn't done much to impress me. Have you noticed where we rank on defense, specifically pass defense.
          Glad you din our NB isn't as Wright who is a starter. But, again, it isn't like we suddenly became bad in pass coverage today.
          I think our pass pressure is a bit worse than last year. I didn't make the roster but I was one that said we needed to bring in another pass rusher before the draft. I also, along with a couple others on here, didn't like coming out of the draft with just 3 OLBs with NFL experience.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

You have to draft and develop pass rushers. The ones that are out there to sign are usually past their prime, like Freeney.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

I've always liked Weddle more in the box than downfield.
              The person who replaced Bigby is Gilchrest. I didn't like moving him from CB to safety.
              Cox is getting paid a lot less than Jammer or Cason. Are we getting our money's worth?
              Wright hasn't done much to impress me. Have you noticed where we rank on defense, specifically pass defense.
              Glad you din our NB isn't as Wright who is a starter. But, again, it isn't like we suddenly became bad in pass coverage today.
              I think our pass pressure is a bit worse than last year. I didn't make the roster but I was one that said we needed to bring in another pass rusher before the draft. I also, along with a couple others on here, didn't like coming out of the draft with just 3 OLBs with NFL experience.
              I meant whoever is playing nickleback right now isn't as good as Wright, who was our nickleback at the end of last year.
              I was comparing this year to last year.
              I would always rather $5 million be spent on the line than on other positions. But I know I'm in the minority.
              I don't think OLB is our problem - it is nose tackle and ILB. The team gets gashed up the middle early before anybody even gets tired. And there is no push from the middle of the line to allow the linebackers freedom to get to the QB.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I meant whoever is playing nickleback right now isn't as good as Wright, who was our nickleback at the end of last year.
                I was comparing this year to last year.
                I would always rather $5 million be spent on the line than on other positions. But I know I'm in the minority.
                I don't think OLB is our problem - it is nose tackle and ILB. The team gets gashed up the middle early before anybody even gets tired. And there is no push from the middle of the line to allow the linebackers freedom to get to the QB.
                Patrick isn't even a good NB.
                I think we are worse pretty much across the board on defense this year as compared to last year.
                We spent the money on Cox who looks tiny to me. My son asked why we don't press on coverage and I pointed Cox's size out to him.
                In the 3-4 it is the OLB who are supposed to get pressure on the QB. Thomas is a decent NT when it comes to pressuring the QB but not so good against the run. I was one of about a couple on here who said our depth on defense was extremely poor. I still can't say that Te'o is even a worthy starter. As for the D-line I will again say that I and a couple other guys on here said we were very thin at that position.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Im hoping this isnt another free agent mistake by the Chargers.
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    Im hoping this isnt another free agent mistake by the Chargers.
                    The thing is he was one of the few signings I liked but even healthy he ain't that good.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

There just isn't room in the NFL anymore for decent corners. If he's not worth $10M/year then he's not worth $1M/year. If the CB can't play on an island and win most of his battles invest elsewhere.

Comment

• Buck
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

What kind of penalty do we get if we cut Cox in the offseason?

Comment

fender57
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I disagree, Sammy was a great singer, dancer, and musician.

Comment

Working...
                          X