Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

You guys make me laugh...

We lose one week, a game we were expected to lose against a Super Bowl favorite, and suddenly we suck ass and nothing could be worse.

We win the next week against the NFL's flavor-of-the-week team, and suddenly this team is Super Bowl bound and McCoy is being enshrined in the HoF and everyone is an All-Pro.

Then we lose a close game on the road on a day we were missing several starters and still had a chance to win, and suddenly we're one of the worst all-time teams, we need to fire everyone and start over again, and we should have re-sign Atari Bigby.

Really, all y'all need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and stop being so reactionary. This team is exactly what most of us thought it was: a rebuilding team with talented starters and no depth that will be competitive most weeks but won't have enough to get it done in a majority of cases and especially if we have to rely on backups -- which we did today.

Y'all should look on the bright side: That last play was funny as shit, especially when Rivers decided to play soccer!
    Adipose
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Yep, on to the next one. I'll be traveling, so I may not get to see it live, but lots of room to improve.

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

All I really wanted to see was some development of the team. I like to see progress, even if we lose. It's hard to really judge this game with the ridiculous amount of injuries we had going into the game and then the subsequent amount of injuries we suffered during the game.

The team really needs to learn to finish though and IMO that's on the offense. In both losses our O has had the opportunity to put it away. I want to see them be more aggressive going forward. You lose with your strength, the O is our strength on the team so far. We have got to put the pressure on the offense to carry us to victory.
      Last edited by Beerman; 09-22-2013, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

i agree. some of these threads are hilarious. its why i dont even cry about the team until the season is over.

i will say this. this team hasn't really been beat yet. they lost those two games more than the other team winning them. have to learn how to finish. last week was good.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

We are who we thought we are!

I'm impressed we stayed toe to toe despite being outmanned. And the defense really gutted it out, despite the loss.
          Best game so far for me. Lots of upside when we get healthier.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

I just wanted to see a competitive team this year and weve been in all 3 games. I thought that this offense would over-achieve this year and it looks that way. I didnt expect studs like Reys and Liuget to look so mediocre. The defense needs a lot of work. We hang onto that INT and its win number 2.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
              I didnt expect studs like Reys and Liuget to look so mediocre.
              Hugely disappointed with their play this year. It has been a huge dropoff from their play last year.

But Panama is right, the over-reaction from some is pretty funny.

Comment

• Fleet
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Cardiff - Poipu
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                Hugely disappointed with their play this year. It has been a huge dropoff from their play last year.

But Panama is right, the over-reaction from some is pretty funny.

I agree. I post very little when we lose. lol I simply didnt expect this team to be this good. Its a good sign as we move forward. I think Rivers if he continues to play like this will be held onto. He makes us look pretty good on offense when hes efficient. What was he 20/24 today? I still think the running game needs work. The focus in the draft going forward should be defense. After we grab a LT early.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                  Go Aztecs and Pads
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

The first few weeks of the NFL tell us little about how teams will play later on. What's important in the early games is to win. And we haven't done enough of that so far.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                    Go Aztecs and Pads
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
                    i agree. some of these threads are hilarious. its why i dont even cry about the team until the season is over.

i will say this. this team hasn't really been beat yet. they lost those two games more than the other team winning them. have to learn how to finish. last week was good.
                    I disagree. The other teams got a lot of yards on us - more than we did on them. We had chances to win but mostly because the other teams gave us those chances.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                      All I really wanted to see was some development of the team. I like to see progress, even if we lose. It's hard to really judge this game with the ridiculous amount of injuries we had going into the game and then the subsequent amount of injuries we suffered during the game.

The team really needs to learn to finish though and IMO that's on the offense. In both losses our O has had the opportunity to put it away. I want to see them be more aggressive going forward. You lose with your strength, the O is our strength on the team so far. We have got to put the pressure on the offense to carry us to victory.
                      I think we can judge that our team isn't very good at staying healthy.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                        Go Aztecs and Pads
                        • Jul 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                        We lose one week, a game we were expected to lose against a Super Bowl favorite, and suddenly we suck ass and nothing could be worse.

We win the next week against the NFL's flavor-of-the-week team, and suddenly this team is Super Bowl bound and McCoy is being enshrined in the HoF and everyone is an All-Pro.

Then we lose a close game on the road on a day we were missing several starters and still had a chance to win, and suddenly we're one of the worst all-time teams, we need to fire everyone and start over again, and we should have re-sign Atari Bigby.

Really, all y'all need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and stop being so reactionary. This team is exactly what most of us thought it was: a rebuilding team with talented starters and no depth that will be competitive most weeks but won't have enough to get it done in a majority of cases and especially if we have to rely on backups -- which we did today.

Y'all should look on the bright side: That last play was funny as shit, especially when Rivers decided to play soccer!
                        Would have been funny if it were some other team.

Comment

Working...
                        X