• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    LOL! I've been trumpting 3 wins since The Poll. I knew this was going to be a frustrating year...and I haven't been disappointed so far.
    I have to say that I'm a bit surprised that you think we will split with the Raiders but I can't disagree with you on the defense getting worse as the season progresses due to our lack of depth.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The Chargers are re-building on the fly. They have some strong points. They have some talented players. But not enough. We knew this going into the season.

So why are there so many people out on the ledge? None of this is particularly surprising. Why are people acting like each game is a referendum on Mike McCoy and Tom Telesco? I have news for you. That verdict isn't going to be in for a couple of years. You know there is a lack of perspective when people run down everything about the team before the first minicamp. You further know it's the case when the team plays three decent opponents to start the season and is 1-2 and is 7 points away from 3-0 (more legitimate than '4 plays from the playoffs') and 90% of posts sound like drunken ramblings about how we miss Atari Bigby, Antoine Cason and Vaughn Martin. I mean, did anyone notice we were missing 23% of our starting lineup yesterday?

I'm sorry, but people need to get a grip. The seething rage simply isn't justified. I suggest you find some non-football outlets in your lives. This toxic brew isn't healthy for you and it's really unpleasant for real fans who have some perspective and probably would like to take stock at the end of the year and measure whether the team and/or key young players have improved. Or hey, here's a thought...how about just enjoying watching your team?
      Last edited by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR; 09-23-2013, 08:22 AM.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

19% of the way into the season, we're 33% of the way to our 3 win high water mark (according to some). Just something to consider.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • SoDak
          • Technology Director
          • Send PM

We have the same record as the 49ers, who have had their asses handed to them twice.

We have the same record as the Packers.

Didn't Houston go to Overtime, in Houston with this very Titans team last week? And we were down what? 3 OL starters the last drive? And 2 ILB's and a starting corner...and we lost by 3.

Holy Balls.

Seriously. The other teams are professionals too. They get paid to win as well. I cannot imagine how delusional people are to think the chargers will win every game and do so in a dominant fashion. (This is when people like to post the line about if you expect mediocrity, that's what you get.... like what a fan expects is going to have any affect on what happens in the game).

Get a grip on reality. Spend some time with your children. Do a home improvement project. Find something to take your mind off the chargers. Don't identify yourself with the team. Their failings are not yours.
          "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

I don't understand the rage either. This team was "supposed" to suck and get blown out in all their games but they've been in every game until the very last play.

Football fans are so impatient.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
              19% of the way into the season, we're 33% of the way to our 3 win high water mark (according to some). Just something to consider.
              Wrong again. I said that 6 wins is probably the top of the range for this team but have used 3 wins as my prediction. Cap'n actually is the most pessimistic poster on here with a 2 win prediction.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post
                We have the same record as the 49ers, who have had their asses handed to them twice.

We have the same record as the Packers.

Didn't Houston go to Overtime, in Houston with this very Titans team last week? And we were down what? 3 OL starters the last drive? And 2 ILB's and a starting corner...and we lost by 3.

Holy Balls.

Seriously. The other teams are professionals too. They get paid to win as well. I cannot imagine how delusional people are to think the chargers will win every game and do so in a dominant fashion. (This is when people like to post the line about if you expect mediocrity, that's what you get.... like what a fan expects is going to have any affect on what happens in the game).

Get a grip on reality. Spend some time with your children. Do a home improvement project. Find something to take your mind off the chargers. Don't identify yourself with the team. Their failings are not yours.
                That's why I love posting here. On Mondays, especially. And particularly after a loss. Great stuff.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                  We lose one week, a game we were expected to lose against a Super Bowl favorite, and suddenly we suck ass and nothing could be worse.

We win the next week against the NFL's flavor-of-the-week team, and suddenly this team is Super Bowl bound and McCoy is being enshrined in the HoF and everyone is an All-Pro.

Then we lose a close game on the road on a day we were missing several starters and still had a chance to win, and suddenly we're one of the worst all-time teams, we need to fire everyone and start over again, and we should have re-sign Atari Bigby.

Really, all y'all need to take a step back, take a deep breath, and stop being so reactionary. This team is exactly what most of us thought it was: a rebuilding team with talented starters and no depth that will be competitive most weeks but won't have enough to get it done...especially if we have to rely on backups -- which we did today.

Y'all should look on the bright side: That last play was funny as shit, especially when Rivers decided to play soccer!
                  Agreed (eliminated the part I don't agree with .) That being said, I did go to The End Zone and read The Official Fuck Thread. It helped.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                    Wrong again. I said that 6 wins is probably the top of the range for this team but have used 3 wins as my prediction. Cap'n actually is the most pessimistic poster on here with a 2 win prediction.
                    Your prediction was three wins. On several occasions you've mentioned being in the running for the top pick or a top three pick. But as much as you would like to make it about you, my post was about percentage of season left vs predicted win total. We're ahead of that schedule. It's an observation. It's perspective.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Id rather lose a game or two we have never lost, if it means winning a game we have never one...
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        Your prediction was three wins. On several occasions you've mentioned being in the running for the top pick or a top three pick. But as much as you would like to make it about you, my post was about percentage of season left vs predicted win total. We're ahead of that schedule. It's an observation. It's perspective.
                        Again, I said that I thought the team at best was good for 6 wins which would be the "high water mark" but my prediction was for 3 wins because I felt injuries would prevent us from reaching that mark. As far as making it about "me" then who were you referring to with this part of your post?

"we're 33% of the way to our 3 win high water mark (according to some)."

As I see it only two people on here predicted 3 wins and Q was a bit late to the party.

Comment

• BoltBalls
                          Always keep eye contact!
                          • Jun 2013
                          • SD!
                          • Send PM

I'm still holding on my prediction for 8-8, but my floor of 6-10 is looming with all the injuries that the team is already experiencing. 7 starters out, are you kidding me? The "this is football" excuse really can't work with this one, no NFL team can sustain success with that many injuries to key players. The team still had a good chance to win even with all that however. I'm hopeful that we can turn it around, but these guys need to heal up asap.

Comment

Working...
                          X