Clear All
  • Panama
    パナマ
    • Aug 2013
    • London
    • Opera singer and web developer.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
    Okay, without making a huge deal about it, let me just point out that your logic is flawed.

Because OAK's offense is not very good, I think WAS's defense will do better than it has in its first three games against PHI, GB and DET (currently the #2, #3, and #4 ranked offenses in the NFL). Right now WAS has surrendered 52 yards more than we have to earn the #32 ranking among defenses behind our #31 ranking.

Because DAL's offense can be explosive and we can't stop anything, I think we will arrive at what may be our season long destination as officially the worst defense in the NFL as early as this Sunday.

So, it is because DAL should get 53+ more yards of total offense than OAK (despite OAK being ranked #13 in total offense and DAL being ranked #15 in total offense) on Sunday, that my prediction is my prediction.

It has nothing to do with the Raiders winning, but I certainly think the Raiders have a much better chance of beating 0-3 WAS than we do of beating 2-1 DAL, notwithstanding what oddsmakers have to say about it. Honestly, I think the oddsmakers were drunk when they made the odds. This thread suggests that we opened as 1.5 point dogs, but the Vegas insiders website suggests that the game opened as a pick 'em game. Now the line is at Cowboys -2 and I would jump all over that if I were a betting sort (taking the Cowboys of course, which seems to be in line with what most bettors have actually done). To me, the OAK/WAS game in OAK is a pick 'em game, but I would never bet it as I have no faith in either team.
    My mistake. I thought you were saying we would take over the bottom of the division standings, which is what seemed the case from context. Wins and losses are all I care about, so I don't particularly care if we allow more yards than Oakland, as long as we beat them and finish with a better record.
    Adipose

Comment

• Panama
      パナマ
      • Aug 2013
      • London
      • Send PM

You are, of course, correct, but I have a sick sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach that it won't matter as long as it is Telesco doing the picking.
      Because all his picks will continue to be brilliant, regardless which side of the ball?
      Adipose

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Send PM

Okay, without making a huge deal about it, let me just point out that your logic is flawed.

Because OAK's offense is not very good, I think WAS's defense will do better than it has in its first three games against PHI, GB and DET (currently the #2, #3, and #4 ranked offenses in the NFL). Right now WAS has surrendered 52 yards more than we have to earn the #32 ranking among defenses behind our #31 ranking.

Because DAL's offense can be explosive and we can't stop anything, I think we will arrive at what may be our season long destination as officially the worst defense in the NFL as early as this Sunday.

So, it is because DAL should get 53+ more yards of total offense than OAK (despite OAK being ranked #13 in total offense and DAL being ranked #15 in total offense) on Sunday, that my prediction is my prediction.

It has nothing to do with the Raiders winning, but I certainly think the Raiders have a much better chance of beating 0-3 WAS than we do of beating 2-1 DAL, notwithstanding what oddsmakers have to say about it. Honestly, I think the oddsmakers were drunk when they made the odds. This thread suggests that we opened as 1.5 point dogs, but the Vegas insiders website suggests that the game opened as a pick 'em game. Now the line is at Cowboys -2 and I would jump all over that if I were a betting sort (taking the Cowboys of course, which seems to be in line with what most bettors have actually done). To me, the OAK/WAS game in OAK is a pick 'em game, but I would never bet it as I have no faith in either team.
        You can't know my logic is flawed because I never revealed anything about my logic for defensive stats.

But since you've trotted out your predictions and displayed your sparkling logic, allow me to make mine:

RGIII is going to realise that he's not yet mobile enough to be last year's RGIII. He'll stay in the pocket and become an effective pocket passer until a cheap shot by a blitzing Charles Woodson knocks him out of the game in the second quarter. Kirk Cousins will go on to have a career day, throwing for 427.3 yards and 3 TDs in 2.5 quarters, 113.75 of the yards (and 2 of the 3 TDs) to Leonard Hankerson.

Meanwhile, the lack of Miles Austin will hurt the Cowboys. In an unorthodox but brilliant ploy, Pagano will have former Cowboy Lissemore covering Dez Bryant all day. Bryant will thus be rendered ineffective because he'll spend the game doubled over laughing. Te'o will rejuvenate the defense and fool Romo into thinking there are imaginary defenders where there ain't. Romo will throw 5 INTs and Dallas' passing attack will net only 3 yards. Freeney will lead the way with 40 QB pressures but no sacks, because Romo will consistently elude the pass rush and run for over 150 yards on the day.

The Raiders will lose by 37 and the Chargers will win or lose by 3.

This is my prediction. And until the game is played it is just as valid as yours. Pick away at my logic all you want!
        Last edited by Panama; 09-26-2013, 07:39 AM.
        Adipose

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          No way, man, if LT is there we gotta pick him again. Mathews ain't gettin' it done.
          LOL! Nice. We can only dream of "LT".

Comment

• QSmokey
            Guardedly Optimistic
            • Jun 2013
            • Kuna, Idaho
            • Retired
            • Send PM

To OIP...this is why I'm starting to hate statistics!! LOL!

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

I am rooting for the Raiders! They are 1-2 and Wash is 0-3 and currently pick ahead of us in the 2014 Draft. So we need for the Raiders to WIN so that we draw even with the Redskins.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                I am rooting for the Raiders! They are 1-2 and Wash is 0-3 and currently pick ahead of us in the 2014 Draft. So we need for the Raiders to WIN so that we draw even with the Redskins.
                You're not good with numbers are you.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                  You're not good with numbers are you.
                  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not even going to go back and edit that doofus post. I deserve all the ridicule the board can dish out for that one. Guess you might say I have PTSD. Post Traumatic Stats Syndrome.
                  Last edited by QSmokey; 09-26-2013, 08:51 AM.

Comment

• MakoShark
                    Disgruntled
                    • Jun 2013
                    • North Alabama
                    • Send PM

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not even going to go back and edit that doofus post. I deserve all the ridicule the board can dish out for that one. Guess you might say I have PTSD. Post Traumatic Stats Syndrome.
                    Wouldn't that be PTSS?
                    sigpic

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                      Wouldn't that be PTSS?
                      You know, I always called it "Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome", PTSD, but when I looked it up, the 'D' stands for "Disorder". To be honest, I never noticed that discrepancy, so I guess this isn't my day to be spot on.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

To OIP...this is why I'm starting to hate statistics!! LOL!
                        An entire diatribe about yards allowed being the metric that decides who has the worst D. While there has been admission that yards allowed are not the end all and be all, that gets ignored, for, well, yards allowed. Then a shot at oddsmakers (clearly and undisputedly the best at what they do, with real skin in the game) because it doesn't match up with a certain version of reality.

Oddsmakers thus far (they set the opening line)

Chargers open at +3.5, lose by 3. (Didn't Yu predict a 20pt loss or something? Who was drunk?)
                        Chargers open at +7.5, win by 3
                        Chargers open at +3.5, lose by 3

They must be drunk. The Bolts are 3-0 vs. the opening line spread and are a home dog this week. If the line is absurd, the sharks would take advantage. Road favorites are a tough play, looks like a pass IMO.

Comment

• Parcells
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Cool. One step closer to a Top 3 pick in the draft! #3, #35, #77.

LT-Defense-Defense

Discuss.
                          A top 10 pick will hopefully give us a shot at a premier LT like Jake Matthews or Taylor Lewan.

Comment

Working...
                          X