Wade had:

- Merriman in his prime and roided up
    - Jamal Williams in his prime
    - Young Luis Castillo pre injuries
    - Shaun Phillips in his prime
    - aging but still making plays Donnie Edwards
    - Jammer in his prime
    - Igor when he was still effective

Pagano is missing his young defensive stud (Ingram), another prospect (Teo), and his two guys on the DL (Liuget and Reyes) are underperforming. Not to mention our corners can't seem to cover regardless of pressure up front.

Point is, is Pagano simply not calling the right plays or is the personnel letting him down?
    yesterday they were missing Butler and Wright too. Not sure why Taylor isn't seeing time at SS yet, but its time to end the Gilchrist experiment since we need him more at CB than S. IF Taylor isn't ready yet (he seemed to be on the verge during TC) then start Stuckey and rotate with Jaleel the way they have been.
    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Wade had:

- Merriman in his prime and roided up
      - Jamal Williams in his prime
      - Young Luis Castillo pre injuries
      - Shaun Phillips in his prime
      - aging but still making plays Donnie Edwards
      - Jammer in his prime
      - Igor when he was still effective

Pagano is missing his young defensive stud (Ingram), another prospect (Teo), and his two guys on the DL (Liuget and Reyes) are underperforming. Not to mention our corners can't seem to cover regardless of pressure up front.

Point is, is Pagano simply not calling the right plays or is the personnel letting him down?
      First , Igor sucked!

But i can agree with this to a point. We dont have teh talent on the defense and i wouldnt call Ingram a stud either. I didnt really like him in college and didnt get the hype and im just hoping he shows what everyone was excited about but i didnt see it last year, though he was a rookie.

Heres to hope.
      Im still pissed AJ didnt draft Justin Houston when the second round camea round a couple years ago. I thought he was a first round player and ended up going in the third because of a possitive weed test. He has been good since the middle of his rookie year but is on a division rival.

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Guy Lombardo View Post
        Don't forget Steve Williams...

The big issue for me is why Luiget and Reyes aren't playing well? Has Pagano changed dline assignments? It's not like they are making fewer plays, they are making NO plays.Also, moving Weddle like they have has hurt his performance as well.
        Pagano moved Liuget and Reyes (LDE -> RDE) this training camp. I assume he did it to cover up for Reyes run defense deficiencies. So far it's a massive failure.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Aug 2013
          • Send PM

Whoa, I hadn't heard about that. So they switched our DE's that played well in their roles last year and put our best DB in the box playing quasi-LB? Hmmm....

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
            Pagano is toast after this season. Good riddance. Was never inspired by that hiring, and I'm somewhat surprised that we even kept him.
            Pagano's job is as safe as DJ Fluker's. He will not be scapegoated for the lack of talent/depth on the roster. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is if you (or anyone) fancy another bet.
            Last edited by Panama; 09-24-2013, 03:10 AM.
            Adipose

Comment

• QSmokey
              Guardedly Optimistic
              • Jun 2013
              • Kuna, Idaho
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
              Pagano's job is as safe as DJ Fluker's. He will not be scapegoated for the lack of talent/depth on the roster. I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is if you (or anyone) fancy another bet.
              Conceding already? Trying to recoup your losses?

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Send PM

Conceding already? Trying to recoup your losses?
                Did that sound like a concession? I'm saying I'm so sure Pagano's job is safe I'm willing to stake money on it.
                Adipose

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Did that sound like a concession? I'm saying I'm so sure Pagano's job is safe I'm willing to stake money on it.
                  Yes, to the first bet (you need 7 wins to collect). Sounds like you're conceding on that one and trying to recoup your losses by attempting to lure me (or anyone) into another bet.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Send PM

Yes, to the first bet (you need 7 wins to collect). Sounds like you're conceding on that one and trying to recoup your losses by attempting to lure me (or anyone) into another bet.
                    I don't see how the two are related. I think the Chargers will win 7 games. I don't think Pagano will be fired. I'm still willing to throw money after either of those two propositions. :thumbsup:
                    Adipose

Comment

• SDFan
                      Woober Goober
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Dolores, CO
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                      Pagano moved Liuget and Reyes (LDE -> RDE) this training camp. I assume he did it to cover up for Reyes run defense deficiencies. So far it's a massive failure.
                      Don Johnson is the DL coach, not Pagano (whose specialty was LBs) and I'm sure Johnson has as much or more to do with position assignments as Pagano. I've never been impressed with Johnson, though many here have been, and I'm going to be laying some heavy blame on him for regressions of Luigit, Reyes, and inability to get consistency out of Thomas. Probably had major say on not keeping Franklin, Garay & Martin too.
                      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Big Dog
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Dude, sucking us into betting with you and taking our lunch money is not a solid retirement income strategy ... Even in Panama ...

Comment

• Panama
                          パナマ
                          • Aug 2013
                          • London
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Big Dog View Post
                          Dude, sucking us into betting with you and taking our lunch money is not a solid retirement income strategy ... Even in Panama ...

Alas, the $10 max that Q bets won't stretch very far here in London!
                          Adipose

Comment

Working...
                          X