• Show
Clear All
  • BoltBalls
    Always keep eye contact!
    • Jun 2013
    • SD!
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
    And on that particular drive, we were power running very effectively. Given the state of our OL at that moment in time, pounding the ball forward and the ground was probably something we could do a lot better than dropping back to pass. Or do we quickly forget the fumbles and picks that led to opponent scores when we tried to pass in an obvious passing situation with the game on the line and a sieve of an OL. We weren't just playing not to lose there; we were playing to our current strength and being aggressive!
    That's what I keep going back to with that decision to run the ball by Whis. The OL was completely in shambles at that point in the game. They took a calculated risk and felt the odds were better with grinding more clock and let Locker try to beat us. It didn't work, but we certainly had a chance to close it out with that dropped INT. THAT was one loss where we were truly one play away from winning, I guess maybe the other was 4th and 29 but let's not go there...

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I think the fact that we were down 3 Olineman factored into the decision of how to try to finish the game and escape with a win. I don't think they shelve the passing game otherwise.

Comment

• Savage Lizard
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Big Bear
        • Self-employed property manager.
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
        Time to start this hospitals
        I guess we're back on this?

Comment

• thelightningwill
          Go Aztecs and Pads
          • Jul 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
          And on that particular drive, we were power running very effectively. Given the state of our OL at that moment in time, pounding the ball forward and the ground was probably something we could do a lot better than dropping back to pass. Or do we quickly forget the fumbles and picks that led to opponent scores when we tried to pass in an obvious passing situation with the game on the line and a sieve of an OL. We weren't just playing not to lose there; we were playing to our current strength and being aggressive!
          I didn't mind the runs on first and second down. It was good to see us not forget about the run for a bit. But the third and long running play was total chicken shit.

Comment

Working...
          X