• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Yes, from a draft pick standpoint you cut your losses. But what about his influence on other players? On the team's image? That is not worth it.
    Chargers seem to have gotten rid of most of the party animals; don't want guys like Gordon hanging around Mathews.

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• TTK
      EX-Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • America's Finest City
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
      Yes, from a draft pick standpoint you cut your losses. But what about his influence on other players? On the team's image? That is not worth it.
      Chargers seem to have gotten rid of most of the party animals; don't want guys like Gordon hanging around Mathews.

TG
      That would be a good excuse to finally get rid of Mathews. :P

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
        our offense is generating leads in every game with existing talent, but holding/extending them is the problem. Adding another WR of any caliber doesn't fix the actual problem that's kept us from winning.
        So why can the offense generate the leads but not extend them? Why does the offense bog down? The way I see it, the other teams adjust. We don't or at least not effectively. I personally don't see enough speed on that side of the ball, which I think could open some things up. I also think Gordon would be a pretty talented addition in the return game.

Of course, as has been mentioned he comes with baggage. Would have to see what that is and wouldn't be willing to give up too much to take it on, but you do your due diligence on a talent of this caliber.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          don't want guys like Gordon hanging around Mathews.

TG
          Won't happen if we trade Mathews for Gordon.

Comment

• blahblahblah
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            So why can the offense generate the leads but not extend them? Why does the offense bog down? The way I see it, the other teams adjust. We don't or at least not effectively. I personally don't see enough speed on that side of the ball, which I think could open some things up. I also think Gordon would be a pretty talented addition in the return game.

Of course, as has been mentioned he comes with baggage. Would have to see what that is and wouldn't be willing to give up too much to take it on, but you do your due diligence on a talent of this caliber.
            Lack of talent and depth, same as the defense. REBUILD.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Right. Which is why we need to leave no stone unturned. Gordon, of course, has baggage. Dont know if thats a good move or not. But you dont just turn up your nose at guys with that kind of talent when you largely dont have it. And some here have dismissed it out of hand.

Comment

• Beerman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Eastlake
                • Send PM

Pretty sure they are looking for a 1st rounder for him. At that price no. 3rd round or lower, sure.

Comment

• RobH
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Tokyo, Japan
                  • University English Lecturer
                  • Send PM

If we could get him for a fourth or less, I'd take a shot at him. He's got to know that with a one-year suspension hanging over his head, anything less than sainthood-like actions will not do. I'm assuming he likes money, and if he gets that one-year layoff, the money will not be forthcoming.

Comment

• SDFan
                    Woober Goober
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Dolores, CO
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post

with the exception of the last game after we lost the left side of OL and started shuffling guys around- I don't think I've seen the offense truly bog down. What I HAVE seen is Wiz & McCoy stop attacking on offense when we have a comfortable lead and try to shorten the game and hold on for the win. Turtling up like Marty only works if you have a good defense like Marty had, and we don't. I'd rather see draft picks used on defense mostly now along with the OL and don't think we have the luxury of taking flyers (even with 4th rounders) on offensive skill players with boom or bust potential.
                    Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                      Pretty sure they are looking for a 1st rounder for him. At that price no. 3rd round or lower, sure.
                      They'd be out of their minds if they really thought they could get a first for him.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
                        I don't think I've seen the offense truly bog down. What I HAVE seen is Wiz & McCoy stop attacking on offense when we have a comfortable lead and try to shorten the game and hold on for the win. Turtling up like Marty only works if you have a good defense like Marty had, and we don't.
                        So you didn't watch the first game against Houston?

Comment

• OhioBolt
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                          No way they get 1st rounder from anyone he cost Cleveland a second round pick in the supplemental draft. A third round pick would come from a team that has multiple 3rd round picks or a team that is desparate for a WR. I think at best a 4th round pick for the reasons below.

1. Character issue, he already missed 2 games for violation of the NFL Drug policy, a 2nd offense he can be suspended up to a year.

2. He hasn't put up a 1000 yard season

3. He hasn't had a double-digit touchdown season.

4. He just entering his second year

Comment

Working...
                          X