Why is nobody talking about the Rivers penalty?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Ray Dehaiter
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Why is nobody talking about the Rivers penalty?

That was a joke. Rivers cannot get flagged right there. That is totally immature. I have been a huge Rivers supporter and this is the only time I have ever thought he was out of control. We were about to make it 14-3, had a 1st and goal from the 15 and they couldn't stop us. Rivers taking a bad call to the extreme put us in an impossible situation.

I hope Mike McCoy rode his ass over it, but I doubt it. It needs to happen.
  • ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

There's no two ways about it.

I believe that there is a difference between having a burning passion and being high strung. He's going to have to get over the latter if he's ever going to win a championship.

Comment

fender57
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

I brought it up several times during the gameday thread and in a few other threads, but the consensus seemed to be that it was no big deal. I agree with you, it was completely ridiculous and unnecessary. I don't think jack shit will happen, this isn't a problem McCoy can fix because it's a part of his personality and after 10 years in the league it's just something that we'll have to live with until the next QB takes his place.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

It was the first time he's been flagged, but hardly the first time he was 'fired up'... See my avatar. McCoy called him out during the Monday press conference. It may happen again, but probably not too soon.

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          It was the first time he's been flagged, but hardly the first time he was 'fired up'... See my avatar. McCoy called him out during the Monday press conference. It may happen again, but probably not too soon.
          Was it really the first time he's been flagged?

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
            Was it really the first time he's been flagged?
            At least to my recollection. He's probably gotten away with a lot of crap because he doesn't cuss, or makes it personal. I'm sure its a learning experience that will probably not happen for a while.

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

Well, if its the first time he's been flagged I hope it is also the first time he gets fined. He deserves to be fined (by the team) and I hope its revealed that he was.
              sigpic

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
                At least to my recollection. He's probably gotten away with a lot of crap because he doesn't cuss, or makes it personal. I'm sure its a learning experience that will probably not happen for a while.
                That's the thing I question though, he's been doing this crap for 10 years, he just can't shut his mouth. I don't think this is something he can control.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                  No Sir, I Dont Like It
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Section 457
                  • Migrant Film Worker
                  • Send PM

What exactly did he do to get flagged? Did one ref think he touched the other ref?
                  Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                  sigpic

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                    What exactly did he do to get flagged? Did one ref think he touched the other ref?
                    He was getting in the ref's face arguing over the Allen PI call. It appeared he was warned but he kept proceeding anyway, thus the flag. I thought the refs gave him a lot of leeway myself.

Comment

• Vermstyr
                      ACEofSPADES11
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mass
                      • Send PM

When they replayed what happened, it looked like the Ref closest to him as he started walking away put his hand on the flag and said something like, 'Don't turn around', 'Keep walking', or 'One more word...'. Then, as Rivers was walking away, he turned around and said something else and seemed to make a 'throw the flag then' gesture. The ref then removed the flag and threw it.

So essentially, it looked like he could have gotten away with it if he had just walked back to the huddle and not turned around and gotten the last word in.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Vermstyr View Post
                        When they replayed what happened, it looked like the Ref closest to him as he started walking away put his hand on the flag and said something like, 'Don't turn around', 'Keep walking', or 'One more word...'. Then, as Rivers was walking away, he turned around and said something else and seemed to make a 'throw the flag then' gesture. The ref then removed the flag and threw it.

So essentially, it looked like he could have gotten away with it if he had just walked back to the huddle and not turned around and gotten the last word in.
                        Aye.

Comment

Working...
                        X