• Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
    ive never seen anyone under the age of 40 go into las olas lol
    I was there last Friday and I think those over 40 outnumbered both the customers and staff in the under 40 range.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      Mid North county IMHO. Not too far a trek if you're in the city. I just saw they finally finished the restaurant across the street, the Pacific Grill. I'm going to try to hit that in the next 2-3 weeks. Never could understand why it stood unfinished for so long, great location.
      Yep ill have to try it also. Ill let you go first. I live a mile from there. The old italian place there had a great seafood marinara. Ciopinno.

Comment

• TABF
        Por debajo del promedio
        • Jun 2013
        • SoCal
        • Send PM

Lolitas and Aladdin ... Both mid to south North County... (At least North of the 8 )

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Yep ill have to try it also. Ill let you go first. I live a mile from there. The old italian place there had a great seafood marinara. Ciopinno.
          My gf is about 1.5 miles north of there. I've always been one to proclaim "no cook Friday" back when my son was 3 and I would run out of ideas to cook. I love pesto back from the days of Stephanos in Hillcrest but if you like a nice one Cicciottis has a nice creamy pesto with shrimp and scallops (next to the wine bar in Cardiff).

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

My gf is about 1.5 miles north of there. I've always been one to proclaim "no cook Friday" back when my son was 3 and I would run out of ideas to cook. I love pesto back from the days of Stephanos in Hillcrest but if you like a nice one Cicciottis has a nice creamy pesto with shrimp and scallops (next to the wine bar in Cardiff).
            Oh i know Cicciottis. Great food. Love Pesto. Make my own in fact. My brother used to be co owner of Rimels which is right down the street. He now owns Del Mar Pizza. Less stressful.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Oh i know Cicciottis. Great food. Love Pesto. Make my own in fact. My brother used to be co owner of Rimels which is right down the street. He now owns Del Mar Pizza. Less stressful.
              We might run into each other at which point I will tell you to go "eff" yourself. LOL

There is another Italian place just up the road that we frequent that has pretty good lasagna. I am terrible when it comes to names but they are just a bit south of the Lumberyard and across the street.

I am pretty simple. I tend to find a dish I like at a restaurant and go with that. I do like spreading things around some.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

I think we did Del Mar Pizza. Small place in the same parking lot as Ace Hardware?

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

I think we did Del Mar Pizza. Small place in the same parking lot as Ace Hardware?
                  No its on 15th street in Del Mar. Next to Sbicca.

Comment

• Den60
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

No its on 15th street in Del Mar. Next to Sbicca.
                    Not the same place then. Oh well. Hope he is doing well. I have a thing for wishing the best for good restaurants. Tough business to succeed in. Damned tough.

Comment

• Fleet
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Cardiff - Poipu
                      • Send PM

Not the same place then. Oh well. Hope he is doing well. I have a thing for wishing the best for good restaurants. Tough business to succeed in. Damned tough.
                      Yea his partner at Rimels/Zenbu was a pain in the ass. His little pizza shop is really good. Its all thin crust specialty stuff. Good subs. Eventhough solunto closed down they found a good italian roll to take its place

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Yea his partner at Rimels/Zenbu was a pain in the ass. His little pizza shop is really good. Its all thin crust specialty stuff. Good subs. Eventhough solunto closed down they found a good italian roll to take its place
                        I'll have to try it. Bit of a drive from my gfs house.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

Best Restaurants in Clairemont, San Diego, CA - La Pastaia, Flama Llama, formoosa, Xinjiang BBQ, Mike's Red Tacos, Hi Guest Music BBQ, Shanghai Alley, EE NAMI Tonkatsu Izakaya, Gravity Heights - Mission Valley, BoujieMana

Best Restaurants in Clairemont, San Diego, CA - La Pastaia, Flama Llama, formoosa, Xinjiang BBQ, Mike's Red Tacos, Hi Guest Music BBQ, Shanghai Alley, EE NAMI Tonkatsu Izakaya, Gravity Heights - Mission Valley, BoujieMana

Yay interactive maps! The internet is your friend.

Bunch of restaurants fitting your description in bankers hill, north park, downtown, little italy, etc. If you're planning any sort of activity before/after I can narrow it down but Downtown, Hillcrest, North Park triangle is stuffed full of sit-down date spots. Some good stuff in Clairemont but you're mainly going to find delis and counter service.

Comment

Working...
                          X