• Show
Clear All
  • TTK
    EX-Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • America's Finest City
    • Send PM

On the bright side...

Keenan Allen looked pretty damn good and Vincent Brown finally looked like when he showed flashes in the past.

I didn't watch Te'o too closely but he seemed to look improved as well.
  • Charged up
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Yeah Keenan looked solid. Really solid.

Worst corners we've had in some time. Worst DE's we've had in some time. With this swiss cheese D we can only hope to outscore opponents.

Te'o had some moments. Still was a lil lost at times it seemed. I was rag'n on Pagano all 1st half. He made some adjustments 2nd half but it was a little too late. It seemed that 1st int set the tone for the game and we had too big of a hole to climb out of.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
      No Sir, I Dont Like It
      • Jun 2013
      • Section 457
      • Migrant Film Worker
      • Send PM

Mushroom clouds are so cleansing!

#thereisnofuckingbrightside
      Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
      sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Allen does look good. But Yubaking thinks I run faster than Allen, so get ready for a blizzard of fantastical statisticals.

Comment

• TABF
          Por debajo del promedio
          • Jun 2013
          • SoCal
          • Send PM

We can move the ball on anyone (VB and KA looked good last night, as did Gates and Woody), we just got out coached last night and tried to out think them, and they were not having any of it. We got punched in the throat early and really never recovered. Our defense is straight up slow, and the raiders played to our weakness.
          Last edited by TABF; 10-07-2013, 09:48 AM.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

The bright side thread is off to a slow start.

Comment

• MakoShark
              Disgruntled
              • Jun 2013
              • North Alabama
              • Send PM

I thought he was gonna tell us how he saved a bunch on his car insurance.
              sigpic

Comment

fender57
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
                I thought he was gonna tell us how he saved a bunch on his car insurance.
                Well, that's a bright side too.

Comment

• Guy Lombardo
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                  Well, that's a bright side too.
                  It's hard to fault this offense given all the injuries. Mathews, is a crappy primary running back, I'm ready to move on. The Oline was patchwork and it's playing street scrubs and we are down our two starting WR's. Totally new system....

That defense though is terrible and no is going to convince me that Butler, Luiget, Reyes, Weddle or even Cox and Johnson are all of a sudden trash. There is something very wrong with the coaching on the defense. They are underperforming so badly, you can't even make proper talent evaluations.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Guy Lombardo View Post
                    There is something very wrong with the coaching on the defense.
                    Really? The answer is staring everyone in the face, obvious as day, and you blame the coaching???

This team has no pass rush. We knew this going into the season. Outside of Ingram and then Freeney, we had nobody who can consistently harry the quarterback. Without a pass rush, offenses would pick the D apart even if we had Deion Sanders in the secondary. The only thing coaching can do is try to generate pressure with blitzes, which then leave you exposed on the back end and, guess what, we have been burned on blitzes. Pagano is in a tough spot: damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. But he has been doing an admirable job with the crap he's been given this year. And no, I'm not trying to convince you that Butler, Liuget, Reyes, Weddle, Cox, and Johnson are suddenly trash, because I mostly agree with your assessment, but the lack of a pass rush combined with the rash of injuries would make any coach's job impossible... and yet you give the offense a break when they've been less disadvantaged! Unbelievable!
                    Adipose

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                      Really? The answer is staring everyone in the face, obvious as day, and you blame the coaching???

This team has no pass rush. We knew this going into the season. Outside of Ingram and then Freeney, we had nobody who can consistently harry the quarterback. Without a pass rush, offenses would pick the D apart even if we had Deion Sanders in the secondary. The only thing coaching can do is try to generate pressure with blitzes, which then leave you exposed on the back end and, guess what, we have been burned on blitzes. Pagano is in a tough spot: damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. But he has been doing an admirable job with the crap he's been given this year. And no, I'm not trying to convince you that Butler, Liuget, Reyes, Weddle, Cox, and Johnson are suddenly trash, because I mostly agree with your assessment, but the lack of a pass rush combined with the rash of injuries would make any coach's job impossible... and yet you give the offense a break when they've been less disadvantaged! Unbelievable!
                      Well, the offense has lost it's #1 and #2 WRs, never really had a running game, has lost all it's OL starters (save Hardwick) for at least a game, and still seems to be doing PRETTY good.

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                        Well, the offense has lost it's #1 and #2 WRs, never really had a running game, has lost all it's OL starters (save Hardwick) for at least a game, and still seems to be doing PRETTY good.
                        That's because Rivers is playing the best football of his career at the most important position on the field. Who on the defense is coming close to playing like that?

Comment

Working...
                        X