Oh Boy...I'm gonna get nailed for this one.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bearded14YourPleasure
    Fluent in Sarcasm
    • Jun 2013
    • Iowa
    • Man of the People
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
    Some of them are. I have been saying that when you look at our roster needs over the course of the next two season we don't have enough draft picks to fill the new holes we will create, much less the ones we have right now. Next year we have cap issues but cutting guys like Clary, Hardwick and Royal can alleviate that quite a bit. The problem, though, is we don't have people in place to replace them. On the previous board (and prior to this season) I said it would be at 3 years before we would be able to field a team that could possibly field a team that is a SB contender and that is if we draft really well. I think 3 years is more like 4 or more right now.
    So your answer to filling the holes in the roster is to create more? I see why you think it will take so long to rebuild.

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bearded14YourPleasure View Post
      And all you are comparing is ages. Would you rather have Gaither or Harris starting? Martin did so bad in MIA that he was put on IR for some mystery ailment, same with Green in NE. Clary was on this team last year so I'm not sure why you are including him with new additions, if you want to accurately describe who took Vasquez's spot not he roster it's Fluker. You again use Freeney as an example when the only reason he is on the roster was Ingram's injury.

One more time, we were the oldest team in the league last year. How quickly do you expect us to become significantly younger? The only way to do that is to build through the draft, and TT has only managed to have one draft with which to do so.
      Again, I am just answering Stinky's question by bringing up examples of players that are older than what we had last year. And I don't buy the crap that TT had no choice but to sign Freeney. It was his decision to go into the season with no depth whatsoever at OLB. He rolled the dice and lost and then, in a panic, overpaid for a guy whose best years are in the rear view mirror.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

So your answer to filling the holes in the roster is to create more? I see why you think it will take so long to rebuild.
        I am saying that within the next two years those guys are all likely gone. You really expect to give Hardwick another contract at his age? Clary isn't going to be worth what he is paid next year. Keeping Royal, to me, comes down to health. He is due to make $6M next year. And if you took the time to actually read my post you would see that I say we don't have anyone on the roster to replace them.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
          Fluent in Sarcasm
          • Jun 2013
          • Iowa
          • Man of the People
          • Send PM

Again, I am just answering Stinky's question by bringing up examples of players that are older than what we had last year. And I don't buy the crap that TT had no choice but to sign Freeney. It was his decision to go into the season with no depth whatsoever at OLB. He rolled the dice and lost and then, in a panic, overpaid for a guy whose best years are in the rear view mirror.
          Never said Freeney was the only choice. I said the only reason he is here is because of Ingram's injury. Ingram doesn't tear his ACL we don't sign Freeney. If we had kept Phillips and he got hurt, as much a possibility as it was for Freeney, and we are in the exact same position.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Never said Freeney was the only choice. I said the only reason he is here is because of Ingram's injury. Ingram doesn't tear his ACL we don't sign Freeney. If we had kept Phillips and he got hurt, as much a possibility as it was for Freeney, and we are in the exact same position.
            Once again, the point is that TT came out of the draft paper thin at the position and that is all on him.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Once again, the point is that TT came out of the draft paper thin at the position and that is all on him.
              Because the cupboard was full of URFA? If he went OLB earlier, he would be accused of being thin at the spots he did go.
              Last edited by sandiego17; 10-08-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                Fluent in Sarcasm
                • Jun 2013
                • Iowa
                • Man of the People
                • Send PM

I am saying that within the next two years those guys are all likely gone. You really expect to give Hardwick another contract at his age? Clary isn't going to be worth what he is paid next year. Keeping Royal, to me, comes down to health. He is due to make $6M next year. And if you took the time to actually read my post you would see that I say we don't have anyone on the roster to replace them.
                No one is saying they won't be gone, but two years from now is 14 draft picks away as well as 2 years worth of FA. I think we might be able to scrounge up replacements.

Comment

• Beerman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Eastlake
                  • Send PM

Did we have 7 hidden draft picks I was unaware of? I mean he took starters with the draft picks he had. I personally don't expect a starter outside the top 3 rounds. I don't blame him for not using a top 3 pick on what would have been a 4th string OLB at the time. Rolled the dice on health and lost. You have been one of the more vocal about all the holes and the amount of time it will take to rebuild, not sure how you can expect all the holes to be filled via the draft in one offseason. OLB wasn't an immediate need at the time.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                    Fluent in Sarcasm
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Iowa
                    • Man of the People
                    • Send PM

We started the season looking fairly good at WR, but look paper thin now. I guess TT should have got more receivers for us too.

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

We started the season looking fairly good at WR, but look paper thin now. I guess TT should have got more receivers for us too.
                      Heh to be fair, I do think he took Allen with the WR's injury history in mind. Granted the fantastic value met the need in this situation. All 3 of our starting WR's were injury prone and 2 are already out for the year.

But the original point is valid. Can't predict injuries.

Comment

• Bearded14YourPleasure
                        Fluent in Sarcasm
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Iowa
                        • Man of the People
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        Heh to be fair, I do think he took Allen with the WR's injury history in mind. Granted the fantastic value met the need in this situation. All 3 of our starting WR's were injury prone and 2 are already out for the year.

But the original point is valid. Can't predict injuries.
                        That even strengthens the argument, TT did something to shore up the position and we still have a need there.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Beong made at TT becuase he took a job with limited resourses is kind of gay. Not that gay is bad, gay is just gay.
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X