• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Grading 2013 Draft

1 D. Fluker OT Alabama (A) been better than I thought and I see him improving
    2 M. Te'o - Notre Dame (C) he hasn't look overly impressive, but he missed dam near all the pre-season and just now getting into the flow
    3 K. Allen WR California (A) He is solid very fluid and good hands look for him to be one of the top rookie recievers if not the top one
    5 S. Williams - California Incomplete IR would be nice to see what he could do in the nickel with his speed
    6 T. Williams DE Florida International (C-) Is quick, but not strong and may not be here next year
    7 B. Sorensen QB Southern Utah (C+) based on preseason played with poise and he can replace CBJ next year

Overall if Te'o can start playing and react more and quit thinking too much now that he has a few games in, his grade should go up. Pretty good draft only one who probable won't be here next season is T. Williams.
    Last edited by OhioBolt; 10-09-2013, 09:02 PM.
  • Boltjolt
    Dont let the PBs fool ya
    • Jun 2013
    • Henderson, NV
    • Send PM

You usually grade a draft class after 3 years so this is too soon and id also say this is going to be a good class overall.

Comment

• homeless simpson
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
      6 T. Williams DE Florida International (C-) Is quick, but not strong and may not be here next year
      why wont he be here next year?

Comment

• Fleet
        TPB Founder
        • Jun 2013
        • Cardiff - Poipu
        • Send PM

I dont think they drafted Tourek just to give him a quick spin and release him if he dosnt play well as a rookie. I expect they drafted him with the idea that coaching can help him to be a good depth player at least.

Comment

• TTK
          EX-Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • America's Finest City
          • Send PM

I hope so because Tourek looks terrible so far.

Comment

• Beerman
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Eastlake
            • Send PM

He's played like 10 snaps all year...Didn't even play vs. Oakland.

Comment

• Grinners
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

2 M. Te'o - Notre Dame (C) he hasn't look overly impressive, but he missed dam near all the pre-season and just now getting into the flow
              3 K. Allen WR California (A) He is solid very fluid and good hands look for him to be one of the top rookie recievers if not the top one
              5 S. Williams - California Incomplete IR would be nice to see what he could do in the nickel with his speed
              7 B. Sorensen QB Southern Utah (C+) based on preseason played with poise and he can replace CBJ next year

Overall if Te'o can start playing and react more and quit thinking too much now that he has a few games in, his grade should go up. Pretty good draft only one who probable won't be here next season is T. Williams.
              If I recall correctly what was written about Torek during the draft process, they mentioned his work ethic and drive as being his strengths. If that is the case hard work beats out talent 9 out of 10 times. I wish him luck..........

Comment

• Panama
                パナマ
                • Aug 2013
                • London
                • Opera singer and web developer.
                • Send PM

I'd give them all a grade of incomplete. You can't grade a rookie class after only 5 games!
                Adipose

Comment

• Yubaking
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                  I'd give them all a grade of incomplete. You can't grade a rookie class after only 5 games!
                  I agree with this.

However, if I were forced to grade this years draft class, my grades would be as follows:

1. D.J. Fluker--B+, he is off to a nice start, but he has been good, not great so far.
                  2. M. Te'o--C, he is doing okay, very average.
                  3. K. Allen--B, while other rookie WRs have done better, including one UDFA, Allen has been solid.
                  4. None
                  5. S. Williams--Incomplete
                  6. T. Williams--D, he has shown limited ability at best
                  7. B. Sorenson--B, he demonstrates potential, which is above average for a 7th round draft pick.

It should be noted that these grades are for what the player has shown while a member of the Chargers and do not include any adjustment based upon players the team could have selected or what it took to get a player (such as Te'o), which would drop the grades of Te'o to a D (sacrifice of 4th round pick to get an average second round player), Allen to a C (failing to select Jenkins), T. Williams to a D- (it would have made more sense to draft other positions) and Sorenson to a B- (it would have made more sense to draft other positions).

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I'll wait until at least the season is over before grading the draft. You can only project true busts at this time, and in context with the rest of the league's rookies.

Comment

• QSmokey
                      Guardedly Optimistic
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kuna, Idaho
                      • Retired
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                      While true, of course, I'm not impressed with what I've seen of Manti so far. Looks small, slow and seems to get swallowed up too easily. He can't seem to get through the 'trash' (that's about as technical as I get ) very well.

Worried that he might have been more of a 'PR' choice to generate interest than a solid choice, particularly since we had to trade away a pick to get him.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Yubaking View Post
                        I agree with this.

However, if I were forced to grade this years draft class, my grades would be as follows:

1. D.J. Fluker--B+, he is off to a nice start, but he has been good, not great so far.
                        2. M. Te'o--C, he is doing okay, very average.
                        3. K. Allen--B, while other rookie WRs have done better, including one UDFA, Allen has been solid.
                        4. None
                        5. S. Williams--Incomplete
                        6. T. Williams--D, he has shown limited ability at best
                        7. B. Sorenson--B, he demonstrates potential, which is above average for a 7th round draft pick.

It should be noted that these grades are for what the player has shown while a member of the Chargers and do not include any adjustment based upon players the team could have selected or what it took to get a player (such as Te'o), which would drop the grades of Te'o to a D (sacrifice of 4th round pick to get an average second round player), Allen to a C (failing to select Jenkins), T. Williams to a D- (it would have made more sense to draft other positions) and Sorenson to a B- (it would have made more sense to draft other positions).
                        lol, well for someone who agreed that you can't grade a draft class after five games you sure had a lot to say. I mean what the hell do you mean "players who we could have selected"? This draft is what it is and the question wasn't who should we have drafted. You went well beyond what the title even is and then you agreed it isn't even worth judging...lol

Three years is the time frame to judge the whole draft class. You can't even give Te'o a grade because he pretty much missed all of preseason so why try to grade him at all even if he was a second round pick?

IMO this thread is useless
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 10-10-2013, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X