• Show
Clear All
  • Mister Hoarse
    No Sir, I Dont Like It
    • Jun 2013
    • Section 457
    • Migrant Film Worker
    • Send PM

I was against the FG attempt with a long low trajectory, only because Green and Phillips had the edges and both have allowed blocks.
    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
    sigpic

Comment

• TABF
      Por debajo del promedio
      • Jun 2013
      • SoCal
      • Send PM

Listened to him (Novak) on 1090 an couple of hours ago.... Fantastic dude... He was choked up a bit by the attention!

Scott basically told him, that coach trusted him to make a 50 yarder over getting one foot for a first down. I think that really put it into perspective for him.

Glad he made kick

Comment

• Panama
        パナマ
        • Aug 2013
        • London
        • Opera singer and web developer.
        • Send PM

I would probably have gone for it. That said, there is no correct decision.

If you go for it and succeed, you run the clock out and ice the game.

If you go for it and fail, you give them the ball back in great field position up by a TD and, worse case scenario, they capitalize and tie the game.

If you kick and succeed, you go up by two scores and ice the game.

If you kick and fail, you give them the ball back in great field position up by a TD and, worse case scenario, they capitalize and tie the game.

(For the purposes of the above, I ignore the minute possibilities of blocked kicks and 2-point conversions.)

The real mistake on that sequence, IMO, was the ref's spot of the ball. I think Gates got the ball right to the hash mark where it would have been a lot closer. Unfortunately, there was not enough clear evidence on replay to overturn.
        Adipose

Comment

Working...
        X