Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Eastlake
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
      Is that even possible? What's worse than a joke? An embarrassment? Abysmal?
      Just out of curiosity do you watch other teams play? For as bad as our D has looked this year, there are plenty of worse defenses across the league. Don't get me wrong, the d has plenty of issues, but everyone needs to realize that the D has pretty much kept us in every single game. We haven't been blown out all year. 11th in scoring defense. Seriously some people really need to take an objective look.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

If our O could put up more TDs instead of FGs we'd have more Ws instead of Ls, and no one would be talking about our D.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Talk of scoring more and holding teams to fewer points doesnt take into consideration that half or more of our losses directly correlate to self inflicted wounds. A fumble recover by us cald back for a personal foul. Same thing with two huge running plays, 3 and 30 in the forth quarter down buy 7 or ten, i forget.
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
            footballoutsiders has the Chargers as the #32 defense using their metric:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teamdef
            Hard to believe footballoutsiders ranks them even worse than they were a month ago.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Do they assign a high value to penaties?
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• KNSD
                Registered Charger Hater
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                Is that even possible? What's worse than a joke? An embarrassment? Abysmal?
                Over reaction much?
                Prediction:
                Correct: Chargers CI fails miserably.
                Fail: Team stays in San Diego until their lease runs out in 2020. (without getting new deal done by then) .
                Sig Bet WIN: The Chargers will file for relocation on January 15.

Comment

• blueman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Man, watching those corners tonight play man in the Steelers/Ravens game, just damn. We got traffic cones in comparison.

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

The Bolts 3rd down D is the most predictaable I've ever seen. Take the number of yards to the 1st down marker, add 1, and voila, there's the number of yards the O is going to get.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula Two One View Post
                      The Bolts 3rd down D is the most
                      predictaable I've ever seen. Take the number of yards to the 1st down marker, add 1, and voila, there's the number of yards the O is going to get.
                      The defense stops the opponent about 60 percent of the time on third down.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        Just out of curiosity do you watch other teams play? For as bad as our D has looked this year, there are plenty of worse defenses across the league. Don't get me wrong, the d has plenty of issues, but everyone needs to realize that the D has pretty much kept us in every single game. We haven't been blown out all year. 11th in scoring defense. Seriously some people really need to take an objective look.
                        I watch other teams play, yes. Do I re-watch games, isolate on players, or pour over the mountain of questionable statistics and ratings that litter the airwaves? No.

I would love love to read your list of "plenty" of worse defenses in the League and you criteria for making such an evaluation.

At times - more times than not - this defense has looked, TO ME, exactly as I described it: a joke, an embarrassment, and abysmal. I have zero faith that they are ever going to make an important stop, they've made Vick, Lockler, RGIII and Alex Smith - all statistically mediocre - look like Payton Manning, and they are about as far from being even a good defense as they can be.

Frankly, I'm not even sure what " watching other teams" has to do with anything.

Comment

• QSmokey
                          Guardedly Optimistic
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Kuna, Idaho
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
                          Over reaction much?
                          All the time. And as long as you know me, you really had to ask? LOL. However, see my reply to Beerman; I stand by that evaluation, for the most part.

How would you classify them, in your best non-overreaction voice???

Comment

Working...
                          X