• Show
Clear All
  • BoltDown
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SAN DIEGO
    • Tax Payer
    • Send PM

Im pretty sure after that ripping on the sideline that Ryan Matthews will never do that again.

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BoltDown View Post
      Im pretty sure after that ripping on the sideline that Ryan Matthews will never do that again.
      Right. Even if we're down by 2 with 35 seconds to play and closing in on FG range. :smile:
      sigpic

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
        If you go to Mission Chinese get there early before the crowd. It can be a long wait. The awning even has a different name because it started a few years ago as a restaurant within another restaurant. Now he's opened one in NY and Paris soon.

I'll have to try Spicy City next time I'm in town.
        Thanks for the tip, will note. Manhattan? Might get there before SF, so again, thanks.

Spicy City is on the west side of Convoy, way in the back of the strip mall with China Max. Favorite place on Convey is actually Japanese, Yakyudori Yakitori. But they only serve the Yakatori in the evening! Lunch is ramen only.

(Sorry Mako, food hijack)

Comment

• oneinchpunch
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Yeah Mission Chinese is in Manhattan. I've heard its a tiny place. They might do take out and delivery as well. The SF location does.
          Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Panama
            パナマ
            • Aug 2013
            • London
            • Opera singer and web developer.
            • Send PM

I currently have 2 (28oz) bottles at home. 1 (28oz) at work as well as a 8 packets that I can take to lunch in case they dont have it. I use it at least once per day. I have a bunch of other ghost pepper, habanero and jalapeno sauces but I like the mix of sweet and spice from rooster sauce.
            Lightweight.
            Adipose

Comment

• Panama
              パナマ
              • Aug 2013
              • London
              • Opera singer and web developer.
              • Send PM

I worked on a show about spicy food and had to find some to try it. Its hot, but I use very little and its got great flavor. The best heat though for me is sichuan. Its spicy but it numbs your mouth at the same time. The sichuan wings at Mission Chinese in SF are probably the perfect level of spice Ive had.
              I don't know about the different sauces, but I have to agree that the ghost pepper itself has great flavour.
              Adipose

Comment

• OhioBolt
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                I'm done with Ryan Mathews.

He's only a means to an end for us right now. He plays a role. We need to keep him in that role until we can trade up. Right now, I think the staff is doing a great job of limiting him to usage that plays to his strengths and minimizes his weaknesses. This is what McCoy promised for the team overall, and this is a great example. Unfortunately, you just can't count on Ryan Mathews in big situations.

I didn't follow the kid in college but I didn't like the trade up for him or picking him. I felt we really needed to go with a defender esp if we were going to trade up. I really liked Earl Thomas that year and when we moved up, I thought that's who we were going after. But I think Pierre-Paul was also in that draft and if we'd wanted to go OL then (nutty, huh?) Pouncey and Iupati were there. But the thing that confounds me about the pick is that while there is no question about the kid's talent or potential, he has some real make-up questions. And as you go back and look at AJ Smith's tenure, there are a surprising number of questionable make-up guys. AJ supposedly valued make-up more than athleticism, but there were a number of examples where he went against that characterization (Matthews, Buster, Merriman, Cromartie, VJ, etc).

But anyway, for me, he's just a role player until we can move on.
                Ryan Matthews isn't the horse that we wanted, but this is the horse we have to ride, till the season is over or an injury.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

I like Mathews for his abilities...he is damn good when he plays and hangs onto the ball. He flashes pretty rare abilities with his speed for the size of back he is and he can hit the corner unlike anyone else on our roster.

We knew he had injuries from his college days...so its still an issue it seems.

The fumbling just soils this kid. He has all the talent to be a workhorse 3 down back and with a good run blocking line could put up great numbers and kill opponents in the 4th quarter, but i do honestly cringe having him in during the 4th quarter in a close game.

Im not ready to give up on him but I sure hope he is busting his but learning now to never fumble again....it will cost him literally millions if he cant kick that running habit of not tucking the ball in while running....watch Woodhead....much more compact style and preps for the hit ahead of time.

Comment

• Beerman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Eastlake
                    • Send PM

If only Matthews could make ANYONE miss.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                      Go Aztecs and Pads
                      • Jul 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                      His arms sometimes are missing the football.

Comment

• Den60
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

He rushed for over a 100 yards and gained 4.6 yards per carry. We controlled the clock. I thought he had a pretty good game myself.
                        Last edited by Den60; 10-18-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                          Especialy at the second level. Dude seems to hate space.
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X