X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    None of those 'lowlights' contradicts what I'm saying. He's a dirty, chippy player. Gets in your face, annoying after the whistle, a lame push out of bounds. Not really a 'head hunter', like Merriweather is supposed to be.

But I'm just splitting hairs here; suffice to say the NFL is better without them both.
    Please allow me to agree.

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Nice, he misses our game.
      He's trying to appeal:

Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather has appealed his two-game suspension for illegal hits against the Chicago Bears on Sunday, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Ed Werder. The appeal will be held on an expedited basis -- likely in the next 48 hours -- so the Redskins will know whether they will have Meriweather for Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos.

Doubt he gets it completely reversed, but wouldn't be surprised to see him only miss the Bronco game.

Bears are still pissed:

After the game Marshall said he thought the league should consider kicking out Meriweather because of the way he plays. Many Bears weren't happy Tuesday either.

"I still want to punch him in the face," tight end Martellus Bennett said during his weekly radio show on WSR-670 in Chicago.

Informed of the league's suspension of Meriweather, Bennett quipped: "We don't get any of his money."

Marshall spoke with ESPN's Linda Cohn on Tuesday and said he understands that rule changes have made it tougher on defensive players but that they are the rules and they've been implemented for a reason.

He also said that he reached out to Meriweather to discuss the situation but came away without much agreement.

"It was one of those things it seemed like he was more concerned about being suspended and losing some money when I was just trying to explain to him (to) forget that, let's talk about life," Marshall said. "Let's talk about life after football, being able to function. And trying to express to him that you're hurting yourself too physically."

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Reduced to one game. MIsses Denver and back for chargers game.
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Fat Ted getting back at the Chargers.

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Way to lay down the punishment for player safety, NFL.

Comment

• sandiego17
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Hopefully the NFL warns this idiot before the game on Sunday:

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins safety Brandon Meriweather, who served a one-game suspension Sunday for the way he hits, vowed to begin targeting players' knees and fired a shot at Chicago Bears star receiver Brandon Marshall, saying players who beat their girlfriends should be out of the NFL.

Meriweather has received numerous fines over the years for his helmet-to-helmet hits. After two more incidents against the Bears on Oct. 20, the NFL suspended Meriweather for two games until an appeals process reduced the ban to one.

"I guess I just got to take people's knees out," Meriweather said Monday morning in the Redskins' locker room. "That's the only way. I would hate to end a guy's career over a rule, but I guess it's better other people than me getting suspended for longer.

Even if he was exaggerating to prove some ridiculous point in his head, he's still an idiot and the NFL needs to do something before he does take out someone's knees on purpose.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

That's one of the side effects of the no headhunting rules, players now go low for the tackle.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• sandiego17
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

If he follows through with a threat to end players careers by taking out their knees, does that implicate him criminally? Just a dumb thing to say.

Comment

Working...
                  X