• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blahblahblah
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    So is the MWC now considered a major, by those who think what they think matter (East Coast Bias)?
    ESPN has left them out of their mid-major report for the last couple years. At first they would include something along the lines of "We no longer consider the MWC a mid-major" to explain the absence of any MWC players or teams. Now they just don't include them. They get a conference report at about the same frequency as the other majors.

Not that ESPN is a good source or anything, but you don't get much more east coasty than them.

Comment

• sandiego17
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
      ESPN has left them out of their mid-major report for the last couple years. At first they would include something along the lines of "We no longer consider the MWC a mid-major" to explain the absence of any MWC players or teams. Now they just don't include them. They get a conference report at about the same frequency as the other majors.

Not that ESPN is a good source or anything, but you don't get much more east coasty than them.
      Conference as a whole needs more success in the tournament to really get rid of the mid-major label once and for all.

Comment

• thelightningwill
        Go Aztecs and Pads
        • Jul 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
        Sorry, didn't mean to imply I was ever at SDSU
        . My dad was at SDSC before it became SDSU. I went to Helix High School 1989-1992 and Amherst College in Massachusetts 1992-1996.
        Bummer

Comment

• Boltdog
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Lunar Surface
          • Nutrition Consultant
          • Send PM

Enthusiasm for our Aztecs has probably never been higher after getting this latest commit. But preventing these prospects from being influenced by lowlife Kansas etc. recruiters will still be a challenge until signing day.

And Shepard hopefully can show this season what he could not last year--He was definitely overrated by most recruiting services, based on what he did last season. Malik Pope is another recruit that has to show he can recover from his leg injuries. That's why he was really available to us and passed by most major powers.

It appears that UNLV is still having a better recruiting year than us, by the way. But I am going we can develop these guys a lot better than the Rebels have shown they can do with their one-and-done phenoms. I think the current Aztecs team has the potential to do better because they play as a team, instead of having to leave it to the wild and inconsistent Jamal Franklins of the last 2 seasons...
          Fighting for Carson...and Wilmington...ity:

Comment

• sandiego17
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdog View Post
            It appears that UNLV is still having a better recruiting year than us, by the way. But I am going we can develop these guys a lot better than the Rebels have shown they can do with their one-and-done phenoms. I think the current Aztecs team has the potential to do better because they play as a team, instead of having to leave it to the wild and inconsistent Jamal Franklins of the last 2 seasons...
            That was before the latest commitment. SDSU vaulted to the top-10 and that doesn't Choi.

Visit ESPN to get up-to-the-minute sports news coverage, scores, highlights and commentary for AFL, NRL, Rugby, Cricket, Football and more.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
              I believe that Josh Davis will have a huge impact. He has NBA talent and could excel under fishers totulage. Expect a breakout season from Winston and look for shrigley a top 3 scorer for this team.

I think 25 wins is possible.
              Davis will be our go to scorer. Someone else has to step up. Shepard didn't show much with his shooting last year but he has had a year to work on that - and Jamal sure made big strides between his freshman and sophomore years. You may be asking a lot of Shrigley for his first season at Div 1. I am expecting to see more from Polee. He has a nice shot but just didn't show much confidence last year. I have heard both the freshmen, Allen and Williams, have looked good and that the transfer from Northridge, AQ, can shoot the ball. Spencer was very raw offensively coming out of HS but he moves really well inside so i can see him as a Malcom Thomas type of scorer for us this year. This is a year full of "ifs" for me but if a couple of guys can step up and score for us in addition to Davis we can be pretty good. I heard that we were described as long and athletic by the Stanford coach after our scrimmage with them.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdog View Post
                Enthusiasm for our Aztecs has probably never been higher after getting this latest commit. But preventing these prospects from being influenced by lowlife Kansas etc. recruiters will still be a challenge until signing day.

And Shepard hopefully can show this season what he could not last year--He was definitely overrated by most recruiting services, based on what he did last season. Malik Pope is another recruit that has to show he can recover from his leg injuries. That's why he was really available to us and passed by most major powers.

UNLV consistently underachieves with their talent. Give me a bunch of 3 star guys to develop sprinkled in with some higher value recruits and have those guys for 3-4 years and I think you can compete for a national title. Yeah, some teams shied away from Pope because he has had some leg fractures associated with his growth but one of the reasons he chose SDSU was because we never let up on him. Kawhi Leonard said he chose SDSU because they were loyal from the start. Pope is good friends with the two freshmen we have, Allen and Williams, so I am not too worried of him getting poached. Cheatham wasn't as highly recruited as Pope but he said what sold him was when Fisher made his last visit to show him exactly how he would be used in the Aztecs offense. A lot of players like the fact that we push the ball down the court and are not afraid of having the big men handle the ball. I've seen some film of him and he is very athletic with a mature body for someone so young and tall.

Comment

Working...
                X