Sorry Fellas. Mike McCoy is not the guy.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sandiego17
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
    I disagree completely. I am considering all factors of the game situation, not sure why your saying I'm not.

If we lost by 1 or 2 points I bet you would have a problem with it.

I like McCoy just fine right now, I just don't let that effect my judgement of a particular decision.
    If you say so. Bolts didn't lose by 1 or 2. Turns out the insurmountable FG to put the bolts down 3, well, wasn't. Going aggressive there may have put them down 7, but that would have been ok with you because it was the 'right' thing to do. Such a possibility seems to elude you.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

The funny thing is if we'd lost, there would be lots of things I would likely bitch about but our decision-making there probably not in the top 10.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
        If you say so. Bolts didn't lose by 1 or 2. Turns out the insurmountable FG to put the bolts down 3, well, wasn't. Going aggressive there may have put them down 7, but that would have been ok with you because it was the 'right' thing to do. Such a possibility seems to elude you.
        The chances of the bengals scoring a Td with 130 left and good field position is a much greater possibility than the chargers offense giving up a pick 6. Not sure how that point can even be argued. That in itself makes it clearly a bad strategical decision.

And I keep hearing its 3 points, big whoop. Well if they gave up a pick 6 that's only 4 points difference than what actually happened, so the same big whoop argument can be applied just the same. And they won by 17 so you can apply the big whoop argument there as well.

I just don't see why trying to score with 2 minutes left and 2 timeouts after a big momentum changing turnover is something any of you fans wouldn't want the team to try and do.

Hell Rivers himself stated post game that he wasn't happy with the conservative approach at the time.
        Last edited by BlazingBolt; 01-11-2014, 11:22 AM.
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

Fuck already. Enough. No one cares. This topic has been beaten to a pulp.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

It's almost as if people can't stand the idea that others don't agree with their thought process.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              It's almost as if people can't stand the idea that others don't agree with their thought process.
              My thought process is that McCoy is in over his head.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                What does the gameplan have to do with your end of half 2 minute strategy?

Do you only try to score last in the half or run a 2 minute offense based on your gameplan?

SMH
                Not sure how you can know so much about coaching and not realize your game plan includes play selection for every down and distance situation even in the 2 minute offence inside the ten yardline.

Thats the stuff on those laminated cards they hide behind. Many of those situations the play selection is installed durring the week so no time is waisted in game laboring over play selection.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

There was no 2 minute offense.

Their should have been.

Are we to believe this was decided when putting together the gameplan.
                  migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

The play selection from the eight mostlikely had pass plays as audiables Rivers just didnt pull the trigger. Yes Im say part of our game plan was to shorten the game by eating clock.
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• TTK
                      EX-Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • America's Finest City
                      • Send PM

I think McCoy is working miracles with this team. The gameplan for the entire winning streak and more has been to shorten the game and eat clock. That's what you do against "better" teams and cover up the deficiencies on your own team.

During the win streak, the Chargers have been playing smart football. Not turning the ball over and not making a lot of mistakes and penalties. They're dictating the pace of the game and are forcing other teams to make mistakes and capitalizing on them and I think that was the gameplan against the Bengals because Dalton is proven to screw up eventually so there's no need to deviate from that in a tied game at the end of the half. It's like someone said earlier, you can't just look at that particular series in a vacuum. You have to look at the entire plan for the game.

Conservative? Big time. Do fans like it? I'm sure they don't but they sure like the end result and the end result is winning.

Comment

• sandiego17
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Third and 9 from the 5. What a horrible run call by Carroll. I've never seen anything like that! Even though it worked, DUMB. Carroll is off the future coach list once the bolts chud McCoy.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
                          Awesome! Does that mean I get to eat and shit out of the same hole?
                          I used to live in an apartment just like that.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X