Sorry Fellas. Mike McCoy is not the guy.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

vlcsnap-2014-01-21-10h31m22s17.jpg
    Results...

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
      Except they did take a chance and it did backfire. Running and punting was a bigger gamble than trying to get the first down by any rational analysis.

They gave up the lead at half, allowed cincy to regain some momentum, and the Bengals got the ball first in second half. No matter how badly you want that to be justified as a gameplan of "not taking chances and waiting for the other team to self destruct" it doesn't pass the sniff test. Gifting your opponent a possession with that much time left with great field position with a chance to run the two minute drill to take the half time lead is just not a sound strategy. No matter that going in to a playoff game with a don't make a mistake and hope your opponent does is not something I want my coaches doing anyway. Whether or not that is the strategy for the game, taking it and applying to the game management at the end of the half that backfired by giving up the lead, and then saying well they won the game so it was brilliant strategy, is an argument full of so many logical holes you can drain your spaghetti with it.
      And here I thought it didn't backfire. Did we throw an interception? Umm, no. Did Rivers get strip sacked and they recovered? Umm, no. Did they score a TD since we bled the clock down and forced them to use their timeouts? Umm, no.

I guess it did work. And we won. It may not pass your sniff test but I again invite you to go back and read some of the comments after the game. They were spot on in what they thought would happen and called the game accordingly. And what they thought would happen did happen. So while you may have chosen a different strategy, it worked.

Comment

• sandiego17
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
        I am guessing some of you were shocked watching this afc championship game. Denver had a penalty giving them 2nd and 20 from their own 10 with 2 minutes left in the half. Clearly they should have handed the ball off and punted. Ridiculous.
        What about when Carroll ran on 3rd and 9 from the 5 vs. NO at the end of the half? Clearly he should have passed, no? Were you shocked?

Despite your proclamations, there wasn't a clear cut right or wrong decision for McCoy and it most certainly wasn't poor game management. Ridiculous.

Comment

• Beerman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Eastlake
          • Send PM

This thread is still going huh...

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
            Grammar Police
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Thank YOU for your support and adding yet annother page to this thread!

Bones rocks!!!
            Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
            X