• Coachmarkos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • SoDak
    • Technology Director
    • Send PM

OT: Dolphins/Martin/Incognito Scandal

Any of you guys following this?
     The Miami Dolphins made the right call suspending starting guard Richie Incognito on Sunday night. If most or all of the allegations against Incognito are true, he forced the Dolphins’ hand on this matter and deserves to be suspended.

Cris Carter on Mike and Mike this morning, didn't say exactly what happened, but that "When it all comes out, it's going to be pretty shocking" (or something like that... I'm paraphrasing.

Wondering what is going on down there?
    "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
  • zoom
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Should this go in ''general league news' thread?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Well we do know that Incognito is a jerk
      Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Part of it is money, Martin felt scared enough to fork over $15,000 to Incognito for a group trip to Vegas that Martin had no intentions of taking part of.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

I just know this is going to invole a broomstick...
          Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            I just know this is going to invole a broomstick...
            Or a shit sandwich.

Comment

• Rugger05
              Administrator
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

A guy I used to play rugby with was Incognito o-line coach in high school in AZ. Said he was the biggest a-hole he has ever coached in 23 years of high school football.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                Grammar Police
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Dungy says Colts had red flag on Incognito

Posted by Mike Florio on November 4, 2013, 9:42 AM EST

Plenty of casual football fans are now hearing the name “Richie Incognito” for reasons unrelated to football. Plenty of football people had known the name for years, regarding him as radioactive for reasons unrelated to football.

During last night’s edition of Football Night in America on NBC, former Patriots V.P. of player personnel and Chiefs G.M. Scott Pioli (who should be getting some credit for the talent he left for the new 9-0 regime in Kansas City) told Dan Patrick, ”I didn’t want [Incognito] coming out [of college], and I don’t want him now.”

Former Bucs and Colts coach Tony Dungy echoed that sentiment earlier in the hour on The Dan Patrick Show. Dungy explained that, when Incognito entered the draft in 2005, the Colts had him on the “DNDC” list, which means “do not draft because of character.”

Throughout his career, Incognito has dealt with accusations of dirty play. But plenty of players who do their jobs well and play to the whistle (and a little bit beyond) get dubbed as dirty. For the first time in his career, Incognito has become embroiled in an off-field controversy that reveals more about his potential character than anything he ever has been accused of doing between the white lines.

Currently, Incognito is suspended for conduct detrimental to the team, he allegedly sent hostile text messages and voice messages to Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin that reportedly were “racially charged,” and there’s a chance it will get uglier before it gets any prettier.
                Go Rivers!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Richie Incognito left this VM for Jonathan Martin in April 2013: "Hey, wassup, you half n----- piece of (expletive)...

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

NFL.com

Among the texts that Jonathan Martin made available to his parents, and then, eventually the Dolphins and the NFL, include those in which Richie Incognito refers to Martin, who is biracial, as a "half-n*****," according to a source who was privy to the communication.

There are several instances of threats as well, the sources said, and overall disturbing exchanges, including one in which Incognito refers to defecating in Martin's mouth.

Incognito also made reference to tracking down members of Martin's family and harming them in the texts as well, according to a source.

In some instances, that kind of rhetoric might be shaken off or ignored, but, given the track record of incidents between Incognito and Martin, and how sustained it had become, Martin truly felt that Incognito might be capable of inflicting harm, and for his safety getting away from the team was in his best interests.

The NFL, apprised of the evidence, began upper-level meetings on the case this morning as it launches its investigation. People with access to some of the exchanges believe in time this situation could become a springboard for further policies and practices at the league-wide level in regards to hazing, verbal harassment and perhaps also stricter codes in terms of financial harassment and actions whereby rookies are required by veterans to pick up excessive tabs and bills as a rite of passage.
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Glad that Miami suspended him.

Should stiffer action be taken? If somebody acted like this in ANY other workplace in the country they would probably be fired on the spot. Hell, I wonder if any criminal charges can be brought up.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

More Incognito voicemail to Martin: "I saw you on Twitter, you been training ten weeks. (I want to) (expletive) in your (expl) mouth..."(I'm going to) slap your (expletive) mouth. (I'm going to) slap your real mother across the face (laughter). "(Expletive) you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you."
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

Working...
                        X