Go Rivers!

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Transcripts of voice mail messages and text messages left for the Miami Dolphins' Jonathan Martin by teammate Richie Incognito indicate a pattern of racial epithets and profane language.

OK, so maybe Jonathan Martin is NOT a wuss, and there are many in the media who owe him a slight apology.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• RTPbolt
        Charger Fan till the end
        • Jun 2013
        • North Carolina
        • Send PM

Pretty much bullying in its crudest form. Even though its football and guys can give eachother shit there are limits. Extorting money from any player is probably criminal in nature given the potential threats he was making. Kid is 23 I assume and having to undergo crap like that isnt in the job description. Incognito needs a double whopper shit sandwich to wake up to the reality he's got a f'd up sense of reality of what is right. I've seen the affects of bullying on one of my kids and I was ready to tear the other kid a new asshole. These kids turn into major assholes that have no sense of wrong or right....until someone decides they wont put up with their shit.

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

lolol what an idiot and where were the coaches the whole time? no way they didn't know about his bullshit.

Comment

• Wheels
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • San Diego
            • Send PM

Just curious, how well has Martin played? I remember he was sort of a 2nd tier option for us in that draft.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Wheels View Post
              Just curious, how well has Martin played? I remember he was sort of a 2nd tier option for us in that draft.
              He's awful. Was probably the worst LT in the league this season. Mike Harris 2013 bad.
              Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

I'm just amazed that anyone in this day and age would think that texts and messages like that wouldn't somehow get out. Sheez.

Comment

• RTPbolt
                  Charger Fan till the end
                  • Jun 2013
                  • North Carolina
                  • Send PM

Yes, apparently stupid is as stupid does. Don't think the authorities cant get all his texts and messages. Incognito if truly guilty of this is about to go on the unemployment line IMO....deserved if this is true.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Source: Incognito is 'done' on the Dolphins

Richie Incognito remains suspended by the Dolphins for conduct detrimental to the team but his fate on this team long-term is already sealed, a source tells The Miami Herald.

"He's done," a ranking club source said Monday. "There are procedures in place and everyone wants to be fair. The NFL is involved. But from a club perspective he'll never play another game here."

That really comes as no surprise, given the apparently untenable nature of the scandal that is rocking the Dolphins locker room. Allegations that Incognito left threatening and even racially charged messages on teammate Jonathan Martin's voice mail -- as first reported by CBSSports.com and ESPN.com -- have been confirmed.

The club has heard the voice mail, the source confirmed.

Incognito has yet to formally defend himself from these allegations and is expected to do just that in a robust manner. The Dolphins also have requested and are awaiting a vigorous review of the entire matter from the NFL.

So the Dolphins will wait for Incognito's defense and the full NFL review to play out before formally cutting ties with the player. But the die is cast. The same organization that once strongly defended and embraced Incognito has internally decided to sever ties.

Once the NFL review is concluded, and assuming the league doesn't suspend Incognito the remainder of the season, the Dolphins can cut Incognito or they can simply deactivate him the remainder of the season and allow the guard's contract to expire. He is unsigned after this season.

Whatever the procedure and even if Incognito is not cut, the source tells me the plan is to not allow Incognito to return to the locker room and definitely not to wear the Miami uniform again.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...#storylink=cpy
                    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• foreigner
                      Tom Telesco is gone
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Incognito is 30 years old and Martin is 24, still a rookie, and he still has a Kid's face... I can understand it now.

Comment

• Boltsfan70
                        East Coast Chargers Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • PA transplant living in S. Carolina
                        • Send PM

Incognito will end up a raider or pat

Comment

• Rambler
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • No Cal
                          • Civil Research Attorney
                          • Send PM

What I find interesting is that black teammates (Mike Wallace) and former teammates (Ricky Williams) are saying they had no problems with Incognito, and like him, and black players on other teams (Antrel Rolle) are harder on Martin than on Incognito. You would think that if Incognito was as openly racist as his voicemail suggests, you'd be hearing about prior racist incidents involving him (and not just the general acting like an a-hole and dirty player stuff).

My guess is that Incognito was trying to toughen up Martin, to help the team, but being an A-hole jerk, thought the racist talk would be the best way of toughening him up. Absolute public relations disaster, Dolphins can't keep him. But maybe not reflective of horribly backwards racial prejudice on the part of Incognito.

Comment

Working...
                          X