First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

This past week was a terrible, inexcusable, gutless and possibly season defining loss. But it is not the worse to me, that home playoff game against the Pats (06 season) is by far and away my worst moment as a sports fan. I believe that was a Super Bowl season and to lose the way they did was gut wrenching. That game redefined how I watch sports, never again will I take it so seriously and shame on me for letting affect me as much as it did.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• BoltBalls
      Always keep eye contact!
      • Jun 2013
      • SD!
      • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
      This past week was a terrible, inexcusable, gutless and possibly season defining loss. But it is not the worse to me, that home playoff game against the Pats (06 season) is by far and away my worst moment as a sports fan. I believe that was a Super Bowl season and to lose the way they did was gut wrenching. That game redefined how I watch sports, never again will I take it so seriously and shame on me for letting affect me as much as it did.
      I agree, I was at that game and unfortunately will never forget how epic of a failure it was with all the hopes and expectations of that team and how the game was so quickly won then lost in one fell swoop thanks to McCree. Dealing with the asshole Pats fans' harassment afterwards just put it over the top.

Comment

• TTK
        EX-Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • America's Finest City
        • Send PM

If the Redskins had the ball on the one yard line, first and goal with 20 something seconds left and two timeouts, would you expect a win or a loss?

How is the team going to feel confidence-wise if they're in a situation like that again?

Comment

• Boltergeist
          Pesky apparition
          • Jun 2013
          • Baja Oklahoma
          • Send PM

For me it was the 1980 AFC Championship game at home against the 'Duhs.

Comment

fender57
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TBF View Post
            Funny thats my most highly celebrated NBA Win....
            Mine too

Comment

fender57
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
              I thought Houston and Tennessee were depressing, but I have not been able to even think of football or sports in general since last Sunday without dry-heaving.

That may be the most depressing non-playoff loss of all time for me.

What about you?
              The McCree game and The Holy Roller.

I hate Marlon McCree.

Comment

• Foxbatkllr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Sep 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by UtahBolt View Post
                Yup. That Pats game basically made me rethink how I watch sports. I threw a temper tantrum after the game like an angry toddler. I threw all my chargers gear around the house.

I just don't allow football to affect me that way anymore.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                  Not like that at all. Those stats they quoted are based on time, possesion, down, distance, score, time outs. Yeah those percentages change basically every play but those quoted percentages are the highest percentage we had in the game. So Houston is when we had a 21 point lead in the third quarter and Washington is when we have first and goal at the 1 with 2 timeouts and 21 seconds left down by 3. If you reach that high of a percentage in the game you should win it.
                  That's not accurate at all. If the percentages can change every play then the "high-point" doesn't mean any more than the low point. You cherry pick the one that most aligns with your agenda. Meaningless.

Again, I didn't like the playcalling either. But the % stat is useless in this context. And the play calls are Whisenhunt's. McCoy's input is when they are installing the game plan, but those calls are basically Whisenhunt's. I'm glad you have no faith in McCoy and that your sig is "SCREW McCOY!" I think that's a reasoned and thoughtful premature judgment. Hope you'll acknowledge it all when things turn around.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Yeah BKR, I was in the "The Redskins game is a Must Win Game to make the playoffs" mindset.

Woodhead was down at the 6 inch line and our playoff hopes were looking good. 10 minutes later I knew the playoffs were completely out of question.

It was fucking depressing.

Despite knowing our team probably isn't super bowl caliber, I will bleed Chargers colors until the day I die and will always root for a Victory.

I had forgotten about the dropped snap at KC, that was horrible. I even went to the Hochuli game. I still feel worse about this Redskins game.

In 2001 we were 3-0 and lost consecutive heartbreaks to Cleveland and New England. In 2008 it was consecutive heartbreaks to Carolina and Denver (Hochuli).

Fuck, football leads to agony sometimes.
                    I appreciate your passion for the team. I share it. I just don't believe this is a playoff team, especially with the crucial injuries. And even if it was, it was going to be one and done. My expectations were a rebuilding year. if we see progress, I consider it a succesful season. A lot of things lining up to show progress. So far so good.

Comment

• Den60
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Vietnam, 1973.

Comment

• TTK
                        EX-Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • America's Finest City
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        I appreciate your passion for the team. I share it. I just don't believe this is a playoff team, especially with the crucial injuries. And even if it was, it was going to be one and done. My expectations were a rebuilding year. if we see progress, I consider it a succesful season. A lot of things lining up to show progress. So far so good.
                        I agree. But it is frustrating to see this team overachieve but then throw games away they should have won that will probably cost them a playoff spot.

I'd really like to see this team sneak into the playoffs (besides obvious reasons) to get playoff experience for a lot of the younger players to build off of for next season.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

I thought Houston and Tennessee were depressing, but I have not been able to even think of football or sports in general since last Sunday without dry-heaving.

That may be the most depressing non-playoff loss of all time for me.

What about you?
                          Not. Even. Close.

Comment

Working...
                          X