• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    And the only reason you are NOW a staunch defender of Phillips is because you're anti-Telesco, and Telesco is the guy who cut Phillips' blubbery ass. Unless you can find me some posts of yours, pre-Telesco, that refute that opinion of mine, of course.
    Bullshit once again. For the previous couple years I said he was one of the few playmakers we had on defense. I never was a Phillips hater. Of course it is quite difficult to find those posts because that pre-Telesco board no longer exists.

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Panama View Post
      You know, your support of SP is so extreme I probably seem like a SP hater to you, despite the fact I just said I was a huge SP fan. Yet he clearly stated his priorities. Even if we interpret the third point as you say, which is a very plausible interpretation, there's still no ambiguity about point 1 and very little about point 2.

Anyway, I have not been one of those attempting to invalidate SP's performance in Denver. In fact, I'm on record in a thread after week 1 or 2 calling out those who do. The man is playing well, and that's beyond question. But he is clearly someone the management of this team did not want back, for whatever reasons. We can speculate about what these reasons may be, but I suspect that it may be because SP's priorities seem to be about self-aggrandisement (make money, make attention-getting plays, have a good time) and not about team-building. Maybe this is unfair to say about someone who is, as you point out, second in the team's history in sacks and who only a couple of seasons ago put in a gutsy iron-man effort playing almost every down for the team that season when other OLBs were hurt, but it's what his comments sound like to me and to a lot of other people.
      Extreme? Hogwash. I am just pointing out all the hate that he gets on here when he is the second leading sack producer in the history of the team. I point out that you are really looking hard for a reason to find something negative for him saying he made a lot of plays (that means he was playing just for highlights?) and that he made a lot of friends here (which means he was just here to party?). As for the money I am going to let you in on a little secret - it is all about money for these guys and always has been. Anyway, I can also turn that statement in as a positive by just pointing out that one can read that he felt he was treated fairly by the team for his stay here.

As for keeping him you are forgiven if you don't realize that after last year I said I was more apt to keep Barnes over Phillips based upon their age since that goes back to the former board. I also wanted to draft an OLB in the first and was pretty vocal about that. When we came out of the draft with just 3 OLBers is when I started pointing out this glaring lack of depth and I really complained when we signed a has-been like Freeney for over 3 times what Phillips got when Phillips out performed Freeney in sack numbers for the previous 3 years.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
        I think that is bullshit. He did make a lot of plays for us and isn't that a player's job - to make plays? And when it comes to his statement about making a lot of friends when you take it in the context of the article which talks about he and Rivers I think he is talking about guys he played with and for. God, he didn't do an LT a diss the team regularly after he was no longer wanted.
        He also did a lot of knucklehead shit, including in playoff games. But we should overlook that because there were a lot of bowling ball sack dances in garbage time.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

And the only reason you are NOW a staunch defender of Phillips is because you're anti-Telesco, and Telesco is the guy who cut Phillips' blubbery ass. Unless you can find me some posts of yours, pre-Telesco, that refute that opinion of mine, of course.
          I think this may be a fairly solid take on the support of Phillips.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Bullshit once again. For the previous couple years I said he was one of the few playmakers we had on defense. I never was a Phillips hater. Of course it is quite difficult to find those posts because that pre-Telesco board no longer exists.
            Pre-Telesco. That must burn your ass.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

As for keeping him you are forgiven if you don't realize that after last year I said I was more apt to keep Barnes over Phillips based upon their age since that goes back to the former board. I also wanted to draft an OLB in the first and was pretty vocal about that. When we came out of the draft with just 3 OLBers is when I started pointing out this glaring lack of depth and I really complained when we signed a has-been like Freeney for over 3 times what Phillips got when Phillips out performed Freeney in sack numbers for the previous 3 years.
              Yes, Den. We know. Telesco should have used our first round pick on an OLB, one of the top 5 tackles (not a guard in tackle's clothing), a safety an ILB and a CB. Scratch that, no OL. By drafting Fluker, signing Dunlap, Rinehart and that other german, we basically signed Rivers' death certificate. Nailed another one, dude. Amazing.

Comment

• QSmokey
                Guardedly Optimistic
                • Jun 2013
                • Kuna, Idaho
                • Retired
                • Send PM

Then you can't prove it. Which, of course, I knew. Hearsay!

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Then you can't prove it. Which, of course, I knew. Hearsay!
                  I still have some of those posts saved. I'll see if I can find them when I get home
                  Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
                    Guardedly Optimistic
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kuna, Idaho
                    • Retired
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
                    I still have some of those posts saved. I'll see if I can find them when I get home
                    OIP to the rescue!

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

You save posts? Really?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                        You save posts? Really?
                        You don't?
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

You don't?
                          Why would I save posts? To throw back in someone's face a year from now if they are wrong about something?

Comment

Working...
                          X