• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    Agreed with loading up on defense (front 7 mainly) but I would still not forget bout the OL. They've done a fairly admirable job this season given all the injuries and some lack of talent, but against a team with a good front 7 (Denver) we saw that they still gave up a lot of pressure especially up the middle.

Fluker is obviously going to be a fixture for a long time.....Hardwick is likely close to retirement. Guys like Troutman, Rhinehart, Clary, etc are not going to give us consistent enough play for any sort of championship drive.

Can't go wrong drafting OL/DL in bulk.
    Not disbuting the drafting of OL/DL but I think Troutman can be a fixture, he needs to get past mental lapse false starts, this is basically his rookie season and you can see he has ability, but Rinehart, Clary etc...... they are who they are they, their talent has maxed out with no room for improvement versus Troutman.

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
      Some team is going to break Manning this season... might happen next week.
      I hope you are not hoping for him to be injured. That would be the second post in this thread calling for that and I find that completely disgusting.

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Just saw on espn, Manning to have an MRI tomorrow, lower leg injury.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

as shitty as our patchwork defense is, Denver was scoring an average 41(?) points per game before this week.
          Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SDfan View Post
            as shitty as our patchwork defense is, Denver was scoring an average 41(?) points per game before this week.
            As shitty as Denver's defense has been they came into this game giving up 27.5 points per game...

Comment

• zoom
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              Just saw on espn, Manning to have an MRI tomorrow, lower leg injury.
              Were they implying the hits were dirty? I got that impression but was only partially paying attention,

Comment

• Bolt-O
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                I hope you are not hoping for him to be injured. That would be the second post in this thread calling for that and I find that completely disgusting.
                No, just an observation. A team is probably licking their chops looking at their pass blocking. Chargers just don't have the players to do it.

Comment

fender57
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by zoom View Post
                  Were they implying the hits were dirty? I got that impression but was only partially paying attention,
                  Not that I saw, they were calling it a "developing story".

Comment

fender57
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Peyton Manning will undergo an MRI on Monday, after he finished Sunday’s win over San Diego limping heavily courtesy of a tackle attempt by Corey Liuget.

Manning, who has been dealing with a pair of sore ankles, struggled to get to his feet following the Liuget hit — the Chargers’ lineman wrapped Manning up just above the knees. The Broncos called a timeout so a limping Manning could stay in the game, and Manning took that extra moment to let the officials have it for not flagging Liuget.

“I’m pretty sore,” Manning said after his team’s 28-20 victory. “They kind of got me twice in that lower area. [I'll] get an MRI tomorrow and will know more then.”

Manning did not specify which aching area of his body actually required the MRI, but he appeared to be favoring his right knee after the collision with Liuget.

Comment

• RobH
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Tokyo, Japan
                      • University English Lecturer
                      • Send PM

Jesus Christ. You can't hit him high. You can't hit him low. Just put a skirt on the dude, and call it a sack if we twirl it.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

It didn't sound like he was yelling to them about the hit. It sounded like he was arguing with them about the timeout
                        Last edited by oneinchpunch; 11-10-2013, 09:49 PM.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                          Grammar Police
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                          As shitty as Denver's defense has been they came into this game giving up 27.5 points per game...
                          Not to the point at all here.
                          Go Rivers!

Comment

Working...
                          X