Why we lost this game and a season long issue...

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

The reason we lose games is because our coach doesn't have the courage to allow his offensive players the opportunity to make plays.
    The worst red zone team in the league because our coach gives up.
    Although the offense is totally different than the previous coaching staff, it produces the same results.
    McCoy doesn't have the killer instinct to be a successful coach. Not yet anyway. I imagine Spanos will give him 5 or 6 years to figure it out, though.

Comment

• WindsorUK
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Windsor, U.K.
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Breaking news: we need more talent.
      This is the truth. Especially on defense. There isn't 1 player on our defense that I would say we have to keep.
      Butler and Teo looked brutal against a hastily put together o-line.
      Derick Cox should be given his outright release when the plane lands in San Diego.
      Lieuget cost us 7 points with his sheer stupidity.
      Even with the lack of talent that we suffer from, we could have won every we game we played this year( bar maybe 2) The guys actually seem to be competing, something they didn't seem to do under Norv.
      This is so damn frustrating!!!ARGH!!!

Comment

• Beerman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Eastlake
        • Send PM

Offense failed yet again. Broken record. Need more talent. Better play calling.

Comment

• blahblahblah
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Sep 2013
          • Send PM

Our most explosive player can't play in the red zone.

Other than that, we simply don't have enough weapons to spread a compressed field. Our best bet is to go jumbo and just pound the ball. Except we don't have the OL for that.

Rebuild.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
            This is the truth. Especially on defense. There isn't 1 player on our defense that I would say we have to keep.
            Derick Cox should be given his outright release when the plane lands in San Diego.
            Even with the lack of talent that we suffer from, we could have won every we game we played this year( bar maybe 2) The guys actually seem to be competing, something they didn't seem to do under Norv.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
              The Chargers "competed" under Norv. We won 7 games last year. And, so far, this year, we aren't doing any better.

I'm not ready to fire McCoy, but, damn, outside of his ability to mitigate the problems of our shitty offensive line, he isn't impressing me much.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by thelightningwill View Post
                I'm not ready to fire McCoy, but, damn, outside of his ability to mitigate the problems of our shitty offensive line, he isn't impressing me much.
                Credit D'Alessandri for the OL being ready to play, and McCoy for keeping the team not have so many turnovers. most of the other stuff though...same problems as the previous years even with different players and coach....

Comment

• Wheels
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                  Our red zone conversion rate is a travesty. We settled for three FG attempts in the first half which cost us dearly. We couldn't convert vs Washigton. We had issues at Tennessee.

Time and time again this year we haven't been able to finish drives. Play calling, stupid penalties, blown o line assignments, and just bad execution overall have contributed.

I know everyone wants to keep blaming the D, but man our offense is really the culprit for most of our losses this season.

We have definitely made strides this season, but it's clear we need more pieces. For starters, we don't have a single WR that really can just go up and catch a TD. We lack that mismatch.

That's also why I am advocating they switch to more of a two TE set. It's time to start using Greens ability to create a mismatch in the red zone. All the guy does is make big plays. He's being criminally underused ATM.
                  Anecdotally, it appears Green is blocking pretty well, too. I wasn't watching him all the time, but did notice him make a few good blocks. I'd love to see this guy get more snaps.

Comment

Working...
                  X