• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
    IMO the key to having a a turnover generating defense is a bunch of guys that you can bring in to rush the passer and then athletic guys in your secondary. That's it. We have neither.
    Teams that have had been ranked up in turnovers past and present had at least two aggressive guys on their teams

Pittsburgh of Past (Harrisson & Polamanu)
    Chicago past & present (Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Julius Pepper)
    KC (Derrick Johnson & Eric Berry)
    Baltimore of past (Ray Lewis & Ed Reed);
    Seattle (Clif Avril,Earl Thomas, & Bruce Irvin)

You are right we don't even have one of those type of guys on the roster will Ingram be that player.

Hell its been a while since we had one of those types of players
    Leslie O'neal
    Jamal Williams
    Seau
    Rodney Harrison
    Merriaman(Drioded Version)
    Jammer was most recent guy who was aggressive prior to last season with us he was a good tackler and would come up supporting the run, and also get the untimely PI because his aggresive style

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
      I think we will once Ingram is back.
      What are you basing that on? I didn't see aggression in Ingram last year. I did see plenty of confusion, however.

Comment

• OhioBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
        What are you basing that on? I didn't see aggression in Ingram last year. I did see plenty of confusion, however.
        The 2014 1st round pick is getting easier as the season passes with LT (Dunlap) unpredictable future, NT Cam showing not to be a starter, OLB Ingram unknown after injury, ILB Butler asking price too high, DE\OLB Freeney old returning from injury.

1st round made easy LT,OLB,NT, or DE one of those who are the best at that position come our pick.

Comment

• BoltBalls
          Always keep eye contact!
          • Jun 2013
          • SD!
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
          Teams that have had been ranked up in turnovers past and present had at least two aggressive guys on their teams

Pittsburgh of Past (Harrisson & Polamanu)
          Chicago past & present (Brian Urlacher, Lance Briggs, Julius Pepper)
          KC (Derrick Johnson & Eric Berry)
          Baltimore of past (Ray Lewis & Ed Reed);
          Seattle (Clif Avril,Earl Thomas, & Bruce Irvin)

You are right we don't even have one of those type of guys on the roster will Ingram be that player.

Hell its been a while since we had one of those types of players
          Leslie O'neal
          Jamal Williams
          Seau
          Rodney Harrison
          Merriaman(Drioded Version)
          Jammer was most recent guy who was aggressive prior to last season with us he was a good tackler and would come up supporting the run, and also get the untimely PI because his aggresive style
          Don't forget Charles Tillman in Chicago and Richard Sherman/Brandon Browner in Seattle. These guys constantly make plays in the secondary. While pass rush is extremely important, if we can't play man with athletic DBs we will just get burned underneath on slants and screens all day.

Comment

• blahblahblah
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

Apple turnovers?

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
              Grammar Police
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I so much love to be able to play press man on rookie WR's and in cases were a QBs average pass is less than ten yards from the LOS. I also love press man on thrid and three to ten yards. Press out side and biltz the run vs passing teams in short yardage too.
              Go Rivers!

Comment

• BoltBalls
                Always keep eye contact!
                • Jun 2013
                • SD!
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
                I so much love to be able to play press man on rookie WR's and in cases were a QBs average pass is less than ten yards from the LOS. I also love press man on thrid and three to ten yards. Press out side and biltz the run vs passing teams in short yardage too.
                Definitely, the problem is not having the right personnel to do that defensive strategy and getting burned while trying. Although I would like to try that anyways considering what we have been trying isn't working well. I also think that Shareece Wright and Derek Cox would be fairly decent at press man coverage.

Comment

Working...
                X