• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blahblahblah
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
    may i strongly suggest you re-read lightningwill's original post where he never said the rosters are the same before you get your panties in a bunch:

i thought it was pretty clear, he's just saying he was expecting a different result recordwise, or was that not very clear?
    Try post #51.

--------

Is McCoy responsible for the drop in play of Weddle, Reyes, and Butler? I think anyone who was expecting anything but a rebuilding year was out of his/her gourd. The resources just aren't there. I like that we're now running a modern offense suited to our personnel. I don't like the decline in play of defensive vets and the lack of step-up by the young defensive players.

I think we still lack sufficient talent on both lines to be serious contenders. I'm not sure how anyone expects McCoy to squeeze a pass rush out of this group. He's spending his effort squeezing water from a stone on the OL side.

Comment

• Boltergeist
      Pesky apparition
      • Jun 2013
      • Baja Oklahoma
      • Send PM

Originally posted by blahblahblah View Post
      Try post #51.
      Keep the facts out of this.

Comment

• homeless simpson
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

post #61, the poster explains that the roster changes are not significantly better (or worse) in his opinion, so his expectations on the coach and the team being better are not met. which would go back to post #35 "all our expectations have been exceeded", but, fact, not everybody's expectations are met.

Comment

• Boltergeist
          Pesky apparition
          • Jun 2013
          • Baja Oklahoma
          • Send PM

One's opinion of the changes does not negate the existence of the changes.

Comment

• homeless simpson
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltergeist View Post
            One's opinion of the changes does not negate the existence of the changes.
            are we going to police to make sure everyone has the exact same expectation, and strongly suggest that their own personal opinion and expectations should be exactly like the others (who in their opinion are more correct) with their expectations?

my own expectations coming into the season are pretty much met, but seeing how the team has played so far, somewhat dissapointing (becuase it looked like we should have had a few more wins). expected more out of the running game, seeing as how people pimped out how McCoy would put us in less passing situations because of the OL (reality, we're still pass happy and even go 3-5 wr sets too much) and that Whiz was the genius behind the Steelers running game (which I've said the steelers have always been a running team and Whiz didnt do much running in AZ), people expected the team to be better and faster just by going younger...well expectations not met; list of other things that wouldn't happen under McCoy just because he was not Norv: playing well in spurts but not a whole game, not choke, not get too cute, not be pass happy, play consistently for a full game, come out strong after a bye, not make bonheaded playcalls or clock management, adjust to his players strengths...i'd say it's still incomplete to say he does or does not; not be a finesse team; maximize players strengths because of just coaching alone (yes that was the knock on the previous regime and mentioned or expected to happen with this new coach). even down to the make believe that coaching alone will elevate the team when we have injuries, which isn't new just to this season but somehow that excuse is different this year than previous years (even with different rosters and different coaches....more or less the same win loss record). so i guess, no, my expectations aren't quite met or exceeded. maybe becuase people were overhyping McCoy's abilities in their desperate attempt of expecting him to be NOT Norv, even when so far some things have been the same, mostly result and record wise.

i'm not in the one extreme of McCoy "should be fired because he definitely is not it", nor am i on the other extreme of "he's just new, he'll definitely learn from his mistakes", because IMO, unless you want to suggest strongly that I should share somebody else's opinion and not my own, is that it's inconclusive right now either way whether he has it or not, or that he WILL learn from mistakes...is it really a foregone conclusion that even if the roster issues are fixed that we won't have the lulls in play for full halves of games, or maybe not be a win every other game type team? i still stand by my opinion that we just traded one finesse system for another, we aren't any more a physical team. I don't see anything that super special about McCoy this season, just as i don't see anything that awful about him either. like Den said, it's inconclusive at this point.

Comment

• thelightningwill
              Go Aztecs and Pads
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Funny dudes. I'm too drunk to figure out which button is for rep.
              Anyway, for future reference - I don't know shit about football.
              If I happen to beat you in a debate, it has more to do with you knowing less than shit than it has to do with me knowing shit.
              Basically, I only look good against weak competition. As soon as I debate something who knows shit, I revert to my normal role as a clown.

Comment

Working...
              X