• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Budsman
    Registered Charger Fan
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

Just so I understand, you don't want me pointing out fallacies in logic and making a point so instead of engaging in a discussion on the topic to prove your point you hard ball me with a power move...

I will stop because you own the place and I respect that, but your losing someone who would have been a positive contributor to your website.

Word of advice that I've seen from other successful administrators and supervisors. If you see someone doing something that is mildly annoying and you feel it should change. Send a pm and address the issue that way first. It's more polite and doesn't come off as pushy.

Comment

• Fleet
      TPB Founder
      • Jun 2013
      • Cardiff - Poipu
      • Send PM

Telling someone to stop beating a dead horse isnt being to tough on the person. Many members do it here. There really is no discussion to be had about a bogus trade that happened before the season ever starts. You can attack our logic all you want. You can blame me all you want. The league spoke. And it would be nice to move on with fantasy football discussion without hearing how lame we are for not allowing that trade. You are basically shitting on everyone in the league because your silly trade didnt go through. Why would i need to send you a pm to tell you to move on? You seem to be the one who took it to a level that it didnt need to go to.

And you are absolutely right in one regard. And thats the fact i own this forum. And thats the reason why i shouldn't be in this league. Because i cant discuss it like a member without having the "power" card played on me.

I dont know you. You are new. I think leaving is a bit dramatic but thats your call. But when long time members like Bonehead actually think im out to get him? Thats fucked up. So its clear to me that my opinion on the league seems to carry more weight since i own the forum.

Which isnt good for the league. So this will be my last year. I cant own the forum and participate in the league without people getting offended when i state my opinion. Telling you guys to move on wasnt an admin threat. It was simply a member saying move on.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
        SLAM DUNK!
        • Jun 2013
        • East County San Diego
        • Bolt fanatic
        • Send PM

Wow we have drama...sorry I took that trade. I won't beat the dead horse but I am still trying to get someones #2 QB for a WR....sent some trade proposals not involving first and second rounders.

I am glad the Jordan Howard trade got vetoed however.....shouldn't have accepted that one I just had never heard of the guy and didn't realize how unprepared I was for this years draft since I decided to cancel my money league this year.
        Last edited by BlazingBolt; 08-30-2017, 10:46 AM.
        migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Budsman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
          Telling someone to stop beating a dead horse isnt being to tough on the person. Many members do it here. There really is no discussion to be had about a bogus trade that happened before the season ever starts. You can attack our logic all you want. You can blame me all you want. The league spoke. And it would be nice to move on with fantasy football discussion without hearing how lame we are for not allowing that trade. You are basically shitting on everyone in the league because your silly trade didnt go through. Why would i need to send you a pm to tell you to move on? You seem to be the one who took it to a level that it didnt need to go to.

And you are absolutely right in one regard. And thats the fact i own this forum. And thats the reason why i shouldn't be in this league. Because i cant discuss it like a member without having the "power" card played on me.

I dont know you. You are new. I think leaving is a bit dramatic but thats your call. But when long time members like Bonehead actually think im out to get him? Thats fucked up. So its clear to me that my opinion on the league seems to carry more weight since i own the forum.

Which isnt good for the league. So this will be my last year. I cant own the forum and participate in the league without people getting offended when i state my opinion. Telling you guys to move on wasnt an admin threat. It was simply a member saying move on.
          Well I can admit when I may have misunderstood you. The one thing you have to understand is that when you own a place and wield that much power everything you say is magnified.

Take for example, it's like your land lord who comes out at night and tells you to quiet down. You are going to take that more seriously because of the weight behind it, wether or not the land lord meant it with that level of seriousness or not.

Everything you say will have inherently more weight as it should. So really you can't ever be just like everyone else, your held to a higher standard than everyone.

I apologize if you were just trying to be one of the guys, I just assumed you were being bossy and I overreacted.

I do wonder though why you feel like the trade was such a bogus trade? I think this is the perfect forum for two people you who disagree on a trade to present their sides. If we are a healthy forum we should be able to debate without getting upset and angry.

I genuinely want to know why you, as one of the guys, think brown is so much better than Rivers in this league. You were the first to mention it and I'm curious why you think that way.

Thanks!
          Last edited by Budsman; 08-30-2017, 11:29 AM.

Comment

• Fleet
            TPB Founder
            • Jun 2013
            • Cardiff - Poipu
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

Well I can admit when I may have misunderstood you. The one thing you have to understand is that when you own a place and wield that much power everything you say is magnified.

Take for example, it's like your land lord who comes out at night and tells you to quiet down. You are going to take that more seriously because of the weight behind it, wether or not the land lord meant it with that level of seriousness or not.

Everything you say will have inherently more weight as it should. So really you can't ever be just like everyone else, your held to a higher standard than everyone.

I apologize if you were just trying to be one of the guys, I just assumed you were being bossy and I overreacted.

I do wonder though why you feel like the trade was such a bogus trade? I think this is the perfect forum for two people you who disagree on a trade to present their sides. If we are a healthy forum we should be able to debate without getting upset and angry.

I genuinely want to know why you, as one of the guys, think brown is so much better than Rivers in this league. You were the first to mention it and I'm curious why you think that way.

Thanks!
            I have never been a fan of trades after the draft and before the season starts. Ive seen it happen a lot in yahoo leagues that dont allow draft picks. Guys agree on taking players via messaging or other means and draft players for each other. I know it sounds absurd but it happens. I think when a player dosnt show up and is desperate he takes less and gives more. Yes the point projections look good on his end. But i dont go by those terms. I just view drafted players as draft picks. So it falls under the no traded draft pick rules.

My money leagues dont even allow trades until after the first week starts.

But honestly make the trade. I wont vote. This league is free. Its supposed to be fun. Yes i have put a lot of effort in it in the past but it isnt a league i should be in.

Im even willing to give up my team to Millionaire. I dont care. I worry more about my money leagues. You are new so i think you are viewing me on some level that is above everyone else here. Yes i am the admin here but i am on the same level as everyone else. Thats why i get along with everyone. If my chiming in on the subject means i lose members than i dont want to be in the league.

This community means more to me than the league. By a longshot. I dont know you. But id rather not lose a new member than play in a league. Especially when my opinion isnt validated because everything i say is some power play. Im just another team owner who thought it wasnt a good trade. On paper it looks like you get the 3rd and 4th picks. And that bothered me.

But now i dont care. So you guys can offer it again. And i wont vote. Just keep in mind this wasnt my vote only. Obviously others didnt like it. Be nice if they chimed in. There may be some agree with you that my logic is flawed.

Also whenever i see a guy packaging 7 or 8th round picks with 17th round picks for a guys single 3rd round pick it just bothers me. Here let me give you a bunch of scrubs for your top 8 RB. lol

Whatever. I dont even want to particiapate in the fanatasy discussion. Ive got enough drama and stress on my plate. Its not fun trying to turn a forum around when you lose half your community because the team left. Its a full time job practically. Have a good season. Im done in this thread.

Comment

• Budsman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post

I have never been a fan of trades after the draft and before the season starts. Ive seen it happen a lot in yahoo leagues that dont allow draft picks. Guys agree on taking players via messaging or other means and draft players for each other. I know it sounds absurd but it happens. I think when a player dosnt show up and is desperate he takes less and gives more. Yes the point projections look good on his end. But i dont go by those terms. I just view drafted players as draft picks. So it falls under the no traded draft pick rules.

My money leagues dont even allow trades until after the first week starts.

But honestly make the trade. I wont vote. This league is free. Its supposed to be fun. Yes i have put a lot of effort in it in the past but it isnt a league i should be in.

Im even willing to give up my team to Millionaire. I dont care. I worry more about my money leagues. You are new so i think you are viewing me on some level that is above everyone else here. Yes i am the admin here but i am on the same level as everyone else. Thats why i get along with everyone. If my chiming in on the subject means i lose members than i dont want to be in the league.

This community means more to me than the league. By a longshot. I dont know you. But id rather not lose a new member than play in a league. Especially when my opinion isnt validated because everything i say is some power play. Im just another team owner who thought it wasnt a good trade. On paper it looks like you get the 3rd and 4th picks. And that bothered me.

But now i dont care. So you guys can offer it again. And i wont vote. Just keep in mind this wasnt my vote only. Obviously others didnt like it. Be nice if they chimed in. There may be some agree with you that my logic is flawed.

Also whenever i see a guy packaging 7 or 8th round picks with 17th round picks for a guys single 3rd round pick it just bothers me. Here let me give you a bunch of scrubs for your top 8 RB. lol

Whatever. I dont even want to particiapate in the fanatasy discussion. Ive got enough drama and stress on my plate. Its not fun trying to turn a forum around when you lose half your community because the team left. Its a full time job practically. Have a good season. Im done in this thread.
              Ok sorry you feel that way. I'm still here so you haven't lost anyone yet.

I kinda thought we were hashing this out.

Im used to a lot of fun fantasy discussion in most of my leagues. Me and my friends will go back and forth and debate, heckle, congratulate each other and it's always very lively.

I only took it wrong wrong because I thought I was being shut down. Now that we hashed it out I was asking you to join in on friendly fun fantasy debate. If you aren't interested that's fine but it seems like now your going out on a bad note.

You up don't know me as you said on a lot of posts songs giving up, why don't you get to know me.

P.s. We both have tons of drama going on so I'm not down for more drama either.
              Last edited by Budsman; 08-30-2017, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                Dont let the PBs fool ya
                • Jun 2013
                • Henderson, NV
                • Send PM

For the record, i view this free league on points. My two top point getters are Brees and Wentz, and Wentz didnt even have a big year imo. 16 TDs -14 INTs. My next highest from last season is Tate who was 23 points lower than Wentz. No other players on my team cracked the 200 point mark last season.

Rivers is usually not a first round pick in leagues im in and those are with Charger fans. River was the 22nd pick in this draft but still had more points than Brown did who was the 4th pick. 353 to 310. Thats how i view drafts. Not that im an expert drafter but i look for RBs who are involved in the pass game too.

Rivers i would love to have on my team in leagues but our OL always gets hurt and the depth sucks and he suffers so i never pick him because he tails off...lol. Sad but true.

BTW, in a money lague i would understand Fleets possition. Its money. I have never heard of guys doing trades that way....conspiring to trade for each others players like that but i dont play in money leagues. It would take the fun out of the games for me.
                Last edited by Boltjolt; 08-30-2017, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                  SLAM DUNK!
                  • Jun 2013
                  • East County San Diego
                  • Bolt fanatic
                  • Send PM

I am perfectly fine with the voting veto system. Drama just makes the league funner, just don't let feelings get hurt guys.

Seems like the discussion on the trade happened civilly, points were made both ways, votes decide.

Just treat FLEET like one of the guys, unless he is bringing the hammer in a flame war I don't think his gripe with the trade should have any more weight. Don't treat him like the land lord, I think it is pretty clear when he is making admin decisions and he explains them but he doesn't expect everyone to kiss his ass all the time.

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Thanks bro. Gotta be honest though i thought my counter was fair. lol My 3rd for your 3rd and you get a legit starting Qb who is going to be in a Falcons style offense. Pluse they have some weapons around him.

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

It was fair...I considered it heavily but since that first trade got vetoed I learned who Jordan Howard was and downgrading to Crowell was too much for a QB I wouldn't be happy with. I am surprised Carr lasted so long in the draft so thought you might be willing to part with him

Comment

• Fleet
                        TPB Founder
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Cardiff - Poipu
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post
                        It was fair...I considered it heavily but since that first trade got vetoed I learned who Jordan Howard was and downgrading to Crowell was too much for a QB I wouldn't be happy with. I am surprised Carr lasted so long in the draft so thought you might be willing to part with him
                        Ill do the same with your other RB if you want. And throw in West or another bench guy.

Comment

• bonehead
                          Undrafted
                          • Jul 2013
                          • TBD
                          • Retired
                          • Send PM

OK so we are all good with the league vote and have our notifications turned on!!!
                          Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

Working...
                          X