• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt-O
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Waiver claims should be revealed around 9 AM Pacific Sunday morning. Someone inside said that they expect the most waiver claims ever.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

Philips is just inconsistent. He's not a star, and he's never going to be great. But occasionally he makes a play. He's better in coverage than McCoil. He's just a guy.

I don't understand the love of Dzub, either. He was outplayed by 2 UDFA rookies this PS.

I don't mind 4 TE, since Culkin can fill in at FB as well.
      .... kind of like keeping 6 S, but 4 CBs. King plays both.

RB. I am fine with the 3 we kept. 4th string, UDFA RB's are a dime a dozen. Shoot, they can sign a guy off the street.

Very worried about the OL.
      Very worried about the LB corps, lacking Perelman. And I think Emanuel should be a DE.

Mager can't cover.
      I watched all 3 of the 1st 3 PS games, and Jenkins didn't stand out, at all.

I like the WR corps.
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Steve
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • South Carolina
        • Meteorologist
        • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
        I would do the following cut
        Phillips we have 4 safeties (Adaae, Boston, McCoil, Jenkins) and Desmond King can go from nickel CB to Safety if needed I would keep Micheal Davis or pickup RB Ryan Mathews I like our backs the only thing is if Gordon went down our backups are small guys not exactly the guys you want on short yardage runs.

McGrath or Culkin one needs to go we don't need 4 TE's and maybe one will be gone, if we claim some cable backup OT on waivers

Dzunbar I am thinking once Perryman is healthy we can find a replacement for Dzunbar his only asset is special teams there are guys like him that have more talent as a backup
        We have been using 3 TE in goalline situations, so it is hard to see how we can only get by with 3. One injury and you have to throw out the goalline offense.

I would rather see us cut back on LB. Same sized guys at the LB, and do similar thing on ST. They mentioned that they may put Perryman on short term IR on Monday, which is the first day they can do that. (http://www.chargers.com/video/2017/0...er-tom-telesco about 1:53 in)

Comment

• Antonio's Gates
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

This team is awful. I don't see them winning more than three games. It's going to go downhill fast once a couple more starters get injured. Telesco should be all over the waiver wire. Shit, he should've been all over the trade market as well.

QB- cool. I don't really care who the backup is, we don't win a game without rivers anyway.

RB- Ekeler looked decent. Not a fan of Oliver. Once again, pray Gordon stays healthy.

WR- Can't trust Allen to stay healthy. Back injuries are tough to shake and Williams is really behind. Don't expect a Bosa like impact. Once again we lack that quick twitch receiver that can make an impact on short/intermediate routes. Allen is the only one.

TE- I like this group, but Gates will probably end up playing way too much, as usual.

OL- Lolol. This group is bad. Really bad. Not a Feeney fan. Don't know what Telesco looks for in offensive linemen, because he's all over the map and hasn't really hit on anyone he's drafted. Lamp could've been the exception. Feel sorry for Rivers.

DL- Good group. Good depth. Bosa is a superstar.

LB- Glad they cut Perry. Terrible player. I like Harris. And by like I mean I'm intrigued. Good athlete. Toomer is underrated. I think he's better than Perryman. Jatavis is the best of the bunch. Dzubnar is useless, why is he still here? Doesn't even fit Bradley's defense. Attaochu should've been cut. Can't stay healthy so what's the point of him?

CB- Let's see Verrett make it past week 7. I'm ok with this group. Big Trevor Williams fan right here.

S- Glad Lowery is gone. He was pretty much a referee in pads. King was a steal. Still a fan of Jenkins but he'll take time. Don't know why Phillips is still here. Hate everything about Addae.

K/P: No lambo = win.

Comment

• Panamamike
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post
            This team is awful. I don't see them winning more than three games. It's going to go downhill fast once a couple more starters get injured. Telesco should be all over the waiver wire. Shit, he should've been all over the trade market as well.

QB- cool. I don't really care who the backup is, we don't win a game without rivers anyway.

RB- Ekeler looked decent. Not a fan of Oliver. Once again, pray Gordon stays healthy.

WR- Can't trust Allen to stay healthy. Back injuries are tough to shake and Williams is really behind. Don't expect a Bosa like impact. Once again we lack that quick twitch receiver that can make an impact on short/intermediate routes. Allen is the only one.

TE- I like this group, but Gates will probably end up playing way too much, as usual.

OL- Lolol. This group is bad. Really bad. Not a Feeney fan. Don't know what Telesco looks for in offensive linemen, because he's all over the map and hasn't really hit on anyone he's drafted. Lamp could've been the exception. Feel sorry for Rivers.

LB- Glad they cut Perry. Terrible player. I like Harris. And by like I mean I'm intrigued. Good athlete. Toomer is underrated. I think he's better than Perryman. Jatavis is the best of the bunch. Dzubnar is useless, why is he still here? Doesn't even fit Bradley's defense. Attaochu should've been cut. Can't stay healthy so what's the point of him?

CB- Let's see Verrett make it past week 7. I'm ok with this group. Big Trevor Williams fan right here.

S- Glad Lowery is gone. He was pretty much a referee in pads. King was a steal. Still a fan of Jenkins but he'll take time. Don't know why Phillips is still here. Hate everything about Addae.

Addae has been good in the new D IMO. I think he will have a very strong season for us, He has also improved each season. I doN't get the hate (other than his early propensity to hurt teammates in practice). I believe there will be at least 3 changes to our roster depth this week. I think we have a very strong secondary, and do not expect changes to that group. A Phillips keeps his job as a STer.

Why do people think that all of these trades are positives? Most are deals for bottom end depth players that were wash out and busts for their previous teams. Guys like TJ CLemmings, Womack etc. Draft geek darlings and can't miss prospects that were cut because they have been really underwhelming. These are not guys losing jobs because there are string position groups. . Minnesota has a bad OL group, yet TJ was beat out by an UDFA.

I strongly believe there will be additions and subtractions to our two weak units, OL and LB. we shall see.

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Antonio's Gates View Post

QB- Agree. Jones is intriguing but so inconsistent.

RB- I think you underrate BO, if the Oline can make him a hole he's good for positive yards.

WR- Disagree. Nobody could stop the starting O in preseason including our WRs, what you see is what you get and I'll take 7 from that group every possession, all day.

TE- Ditto above.

OL- Again, they may not be pretty about it but they get the job done. As long as they can make holes for the RBs, we're fine.

DL- Same as with OL, they are good enough to keep the LBs clean and maintain pressure.

LB- Concerned, but Bradley should be able to get the right guys in position to make the plays we need, most of the time. I'm sure we'll see gaffs.

CB- Preseason looked great for these guys.

S- Like the OL, not pretty but good enough to win.

K/P- Don't really care, our kickers shouldn't be winning/losing games for us anyways.

Bottom line- If what we saw in preseason holds true, and we score early and often, we will win a lot of games, that's what every team wants, lol, but we were actually doing it with our starters in when other teams were not. I mean we didn't even struggle, not on O, and our D was very opportunistic, those guys clean up their assignments and I see a lot of 3-and-outs for other teams, or takeaways from mistakes.

Should be a good year for Charger football.

Comment

• Panamamike
                Panamamike commented
                Editing a comment
                HELL YEAH!

• Steve
                Steve commented
                Editing a comment
                The only problem with the OL last year was they were completely inconsistent making holes which are why we kept going away from the running game. The run blocking has to get better or the O is going to keep spinning their wheels.
            • RTPbolt
              Charger Fan till the end
              • Jun 2013
              • North Carolina
              • Send PM

We will have improved just by being healthy. We struggled due to our depth having to play so early on the OL. If we can just get a little luck on injuries we will convert those few point losses to few point wins. Lynn has to step up and coach where Mccoy folded up...inspire and teach and this team can go far if of reasoble health.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

Chargers Re-Sign Kellen Clemens; Place Denzel Perryman on IR

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

The Chargers waived LB Nick Dzubnar and claimed LB Hayes Pullard (Jaguars) to fill his spot on the 53-man roster. The Chargers also placed CB Craig Mager and WR Geremy Davis on the practice squad after the two cleared waivers and cut CB Randall Evans from the practice squad. The Chargers now have one spot available on the practice squad.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                    Administrator
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Lambo tried out for the Raiders today. They are pressuring C-Bass to take a paycut from $4M, and also are concerned about his back.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

So not a single Charger cut was signed elsewhere? No wonder we didn't win in exhibition season, the backups truly stunk.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                        Dont let the PBs fool ya
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Henderson, NV
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        So not a single Charger cut was signed elsewhere? No wonder we didn't win in exhibition season, the backups truly stunk.
                        Yes they were. We signed seven of them back to it PS. Surprised they resigned Mager back to the PS.
                        Last edited by Boltjolt; 09-04-2017, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X