• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky Wizzleteats+
    Grammar Police
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

It be nicer to see the Chargers in the playoffs this year...
    Go Rivers!

Comment

• RobH
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Tokyo, Japan
      • University English Lecturer
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Hard Charger View Post
      Is this draft class good enough to hope for 5-11? I hate to lose, but it would be nice to look forward to the draft for once and I've heard this is a nice draft class. I hold out hope that McCoy is going through his own growing pains and will get better. A few pieces to the puzzle and I think we could be a lot more stable and better. Don't mind making the wild card round and cannot stand it when we get a first round bye. Seems like when they're battling through adversity they play better. Every time they come out after a bye, they seem to be distracted and play flat. No... I'm not saying throw in the towel this season and play for the loss! Just yet...

HC
      I really don't think the draft position makes that much of a difference. Whether we are 5th or 15th, the talent drop off isn't really that much. As we've seen this year, the top picks haven't performed that well overall, and certainly no better than Fluker and Allen. We are in a position next year to pick at several positions of need, which means BAA will likely fit in with what we want to do. It's up to TT to find the talent, and going off of our last draft, I'm willing to put my faith in his ability.

I'd much rather we went to the playoffs this year to give our young players the valuable playoff experience they need in coming years. Also, we are 4-1 in competition with the best teams we've played on our schedule, so if we can get some health, you never know how far we could go in the playoffs. Sure, it's a long shot to even get into the playoffs, but once there, there's always a possibility of pulling off a win streak. But again, just getting there would provide invaluable experience for our players and perhaps even more for our coaches, esp. MM.

Comment

• blueman
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

What Rob said. And even if we don't make the playoffs (to the surprise of no one) these last games should be fun, hopefully they can bring a playoff intensity to them.

Comment

• Hard Charger
          Chargers fan since 1977!
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          It be nicer to see the Chargers in the playoffs this year...
          Originally posted by RobH View Post
          I really don't think the draft position makes that much of a difference. Whether we are 5th or 15th, the talent drop off isn't really that much. As we've seen this year, the top picks haven't performed that well overall, and certainly no better than Fluker and Allen. We are in a position next year to pick at several positions of need, which means BAA will likely fit in with what we want to do. It's up to TT to find the talent, and going off of our last draft, I'm willing to put my faith in his ability.

I'd much rather we went to the playoffs this year to give our young players the valuable playoff experience they need in coming years. Also, we are 4-1 in competition with the best teams we've played on our schedule, so if we can get some health, you never know how far we could go in the playoffs. Sure, it's a long shot to even get into the playoffs, but once there, there's always a possibility of pulling off a win streak. But again, just getting there would provide invaluable experience for our players and perhaps even more for our coaches, esp. MM.
          A trip to the play-offs this year would be the best case scenario for me too! I just have that feeling that we will end up somewhere around 8-8 and put us just out of the reach of the play-offs and the "elite" players in the draft. I too have a lot of faith in Telesco, I hope he can continue finding us the players we need to turn this thing around. I would really like to see us as contenders while Rivers is still our Quarterback and I'm not sure how many years he has left in the tank. I figure (as long as he doesn't get injured too badly in the near future), he should have 4 to 6 years left in him, but who really knows. If we can just get our foots in the door this year, I think (if the "good" Chargers show up), we could make some noise in this years play-offs. The next few games will be a good litmus test for us.

HC

Comment

• Peremptor
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Oct 2013
            • Send PM

We got a shot. Should be fun either way.

I mean with all the injuries and other issues the team has had I think they have done a fine job overall this season and I'm really happy with Rivers 'resurgence' with a up to date offense that's better tailored to his strengths. That the Chargers still have a shot to play meaningful games down the wire is just an added bonus to what was considered a rebuilding season by us all.

Comment

• TTThunder
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Felt exactly the same way as RobH.

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Looks like Miami losing to the Jest, and Indy beating Tennessee would help put us in a better position to start. We have to keep winning tho, and not worry about all these other losers.
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Grinners
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

The Chargers with Rivers have a knack for winning in December, could be 10/6.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                    No Sir, I Dont Like It
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Section 457
                    • Migrant Film Worker
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Grinners View Post
                    The Chargers with Rivers have a knack for winning in December, could be 10/6.
                    We can't do it without Norv.

I keed.
                    Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Grinners
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                      We can't do it without Norv.

I keed.
                      We can do it without him but we might win a Playoff Game without him. Or was that Marty? Heheheheheheheheehehe

Comment

• BoltBalls
                        Always keep eye contact!
                        • Jun 2013
                        • SD!
                        • Send PM

The Chargers still sneak into the playoffs as 6th seed at 8-8 if you calculate offensive ranking to win the rest of the games. If you calculate Home teams then the Chargers go 8-8 again but lose to a tiebreaker with the Steelers:

6th Seed - Pittsburgh
                        Wins tie break over Miami based on head-to-head win percentage. Wins tie break over San Diego based on best win percentage in conference games. Division tie break was initially used to eliminate Baltimore (Pittsburgh wins tie break over Baltimore based on best win percentage in division games).

Comment

Working...
                        X