• Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
    Lots of the p word, be good to look again at this list a year from now.
    Both of them: Promising and Potential
    sigpic

Comment

• Coachmarkos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • SoDak
      • Technology Director
      • Send PM

I like where Legeit and Reyes are at.

But there are some inconsistancies on there.. I think Tyson Jackson is too high. Poe is too high. Knighton, is too low... he was a good signing by Denver. Addressed the biggest weakness on their D Line.

Cam Thomas is a bit low.

But then again, what do I know?
      "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

I had to do this last year, so I guess I may as well do it again....

TG

Our AFC West positional rankings series continues with a look at a young group of defensive linemen:

1. Corey Liuget, San Diego: This player has a chance to be a superstar. (I am speechless! A fair assessment!)

2. Lamarr Houston, Oakland: A lot will be expected of this talented player on a line in transition and I have to pick a Raider at some point. I mean they are still an NFL team, right?

3. Derek Wolfe, Denver: The Broncos are expecting huge things from this second-year player. That alone makes him number 3. If only the other AFC West teams would expect huge things of their players, they would all be rated as number 3 and I could go home.

4. Kendall Reyes, San Diego: The same thing goes for Reyes in San Diego. He has great potential. His numbers are undeniable.

5. Terrance Knighton, Denver: Jack Del Rio is reunited with this run stuffer. Terrific free-agent addition. And he plays for Denver. Denver expects huge things from him.

6. Dontari Poe, Kansas City: I wouldn’t be shocked if this player makes a huge jump in Year 2. I also wouldn't be shocked if he is yet another top 5 drafted DL to flame out for the Chiefs. But I am sure the CHiefs expect HUGE things from Poe.

7. Sylvester Williams, Denver: The first-round pick has huge potential. He is a good fit for this defense. I got tired of saying Denver has huge expectations for each DL so I subtly switched to huge potential. Any body pick up on that? How many more DL does Denver have anyways? Want to make sure they are all top 10.

8. Tyson Jackson, Kansas City: Former No. 3 overall pick will never be great, but he has value. That is the best thing I can say about this total washout. Quick story...I was looking at some really beat up foreclosed houses. The real estate agent says, "This one has potential!" and I says, "Yeah, potential fire hazard!". That is Tyson Jackson. But what the heck, that alone qualifies him for the top ten. Unless Denver has some backup they expect to play a huge number of plays off the bench?

9. Mike DeVito, Kansas City: The Chiefs are thrilled about his free-agent pickup. He can play checkers, monopoly, mumbly-peg and the harmonica. AND he has a pick-up. That thrills the Chiefs because he offered to pick up mulch for them.

10. Vance Walker, Oakland: Free-agent addition was a good rotational player in Atlanta. Gets chance for a bigger role because the Raiders are so terrible, a four year old has a good shot of playing there.

11. Pat Sims, Oakland: This could be a very good addition if he can stay healthy and if he plays well, which he has never done, and if he knows the snap count of every opponent, and if the center for each opponent plays with a broken arm and the other hand in a cast. He has a chance.

12. Kevin Vickerson, Denver: Nothing fancy, but Vickerson is a solid part of a good defense. Oops! Forgot about this guy. Just pretend I already put him in the top ten. Nothing to see here.

13. Robert Ayers, Denver: The Broncos need this former first-round pick to contribute with Elvis Dumervil gone. Now hold on a cotton picking minute! Ayers plays for the Chiefs, right? You mean Denver drafted this wash out in the first round and not KC? Does Denver have like 20 defensive linemen? I am going to pretend he plays for KC.

14. Cam Thomas, San Diego: The Chargers expect a lot from this promising player. Not huge things. Not to play a greater role as a backup. Not a Denver guy. Probably a starter. But not as good as the meteoric busts I already listed.

15. Christo Bilukidi, Oakland: I have a feeling he is going to develop quickly. (I am making this up. Never heard of this guy! Those silly Raiders. Is this a real person? I have no idea what to write, but I think I have finally ranked all the Denver DL)

16. Andre Carter, Oakland: Greatest value may be as a leader, which this young team needs. What I really mean is that this guy is 47 years old and I can't think of anything nicer to say.

17. Jason Hunter, Oakland: Try-hard player could get a lot of playing time.....because...why? Have you guys been reading this carefully? Why would a guy get to play a lot for Oakland just because he tries hard? Anyone?

18. Jack Crawford, Oakland: Second-year player will have a chance to show his value. Which brings me to the end of my top 20 DL in the AFC West. Whew. Some of these guys are such stiffs, I really had to work ....oh, this thing is still on?
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
          No Sir, I Dont Like It
          • Jun 2013
          • Section 457
          • Migrant Film Worker
          • Send PM

Someone else noticed he really reached to find something postive on every DL.
          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
          sigpic

Comment

• TTK
            EX-Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • America's Finest City
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
            I had to do this last year, so I guess I may as well do it again....

TG

Our AFC West positional rankings series continues with a look at a young group of defensive linemen:

1. Corey Liuget, San Diego: This player has a chance to be a superstar. (I am speechless! A fair assessment!)

2. Lamarr Houston, Oakland: A lot will be expected of this talented player on a line in transition and I have to pick a Raider at some point. I mean they are still an NFL team, right?

3. Derek Wolfe, Denver: The Broncos are expecting huge things from this second-year player. That alone makes him number 3. If only the other AFC West teams would expect huge things of their players, they would all be rated as number 3 and I could go home.

4. Kendall Reyes, San Diego: The same thing goes for Reyes in San Diego. He has great potential. His numbers are undeniable.

5. Terrance Knighton, Denver: Jack Del Rio is reunited with this run stuffer. Terrific free-agent addition. And he plays for Denver. Denver expects huge things from him.

6. Dontari Poe, Kansas City: I wouldn’t be shocked if this player makes a huge jump in Year 2. I also wouldn't be shocked if he is yet another top 5 drafted DL to flame out for the Chiefs. But I am sure the CHiefs expect HUGE things from Poe.

7. Sylvester Williams, Denver: The first-round pick has huge potential. He is a good fit for this defense. I got tired of saying Denver has huge expectations for each DL so I subtly switched to huge potential. Any body pick up on that? How many more DL does Denver have anyways? Want to make sure they are all top 10.

8. Tyson Jackson, Kansas City: Former No. 3 overall pick will never be great, but he has value. That is the best thing I can say about this total washout. Quick story...I was looking at some really beat up foreclosed houses. The real estate agent says, "This one has potential!" and I says, "Yeah, potential fire hazard!". That is Tyson Jackson. But what the heck, that alone qualifies him for the top ten. Unless Denver has some backup they expect to play a huge number of plays off the bench?

9. Mike DeVito, Kansas City: The Chiefs are thrilled about his free-agent pickup. He can play checkers, monopoly, mumbly-peg and the harmonica. AND he has a pick-up. That thrills the Chiefs because he offered to pick up mulch for them.

10. Vance Walker, Oakland: Free-agent addition was a good rotational player in Atlanta. Gets chance for a bigger role because the Raiders are so terrible, a four year old has a good shot of playing there.

11. Pat Sims, Oakland: This could be a very good addition if he can stay healthy and if he plays well, which he has never done, and if he knows the snap count of every opponent, and if the center for each opponent plays with a broken arm and the other hand in a cast. He has a chance.

12. Kevin Vickerson, Denver: Nothing fancy, but Vickerson is a solid part of a good defense. Oops! Forgot about this guy. Just pretend I already put him in the top ten. Nothing to see here.

13. Robert Ayers, Denver: The Broncos need this former first-round pick to contribute with Elvis Dumervil gone. Now hold on a cotton picking minute! Ayers plays for the Chiefs, right? You mean Denver drafted this wash out in the first round and not KC? Does Denver have like 20 defensive linemen? I am going to pretend he plays for KC.

14. Cam Thomas, San Diego: The Chargers expect a lot from this promising player. Not huge things. Not to play a greater role as a backup. Not a Denver guy. Probably a starter. But not as good as the meteoric busts I already listed.

15. Christo Bilukidi, Oakland: I have a feeling he is going to develop quickly. (I am making this up. Never heard of this guy! Those silly Raiders. Is this a real person? I have no idea what to write, but I think I have finally ranked all the Denver DL)

16. Andre Carter, Oakland: Greatest value may be as a leader, which this young team needs. What I really mean is that this guy is 47 years old and I can't think of anything nicer to say.

17. Jason Hunter, Oakland: Try-hard player could get a lot of playing time.....because...why? Have you guys been reading this carefully? Why would a guy get to play a lot for Oakland just because he tries hard? Anyone?

18. Jack Crawford, Oakland: Second-year player will have a chance to show his value. Which brings me to the end of my top 20 DL in the AFC West. Whew. Some of these guys are such stiffs, I really had to work ....oh, this thing is still on?
            That's great! It's sometimes hard to believe guys like Williamson gets paid to write stuff like that.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
              No Sir, I Dont Like It
              • Jun 2013
              • Section 457
              • Migrant Film Worker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
              That's great! It's sometimes hard to believe guys like Williamson gets paid to write stuff like that.
              If only Williamson could actually write stuff like that.
              Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X