Clear All
  • SFW
    PB Official Game Thread Starter
    • Jul 2013
    • NY
    • USMC
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
    Of the teams contending for a wildcard spot, list the starting QB for each team...
    Big Ben and Flacco are two that stand out. Both have proven they can win under pressure.
    1) Jason Verrett (CB) TCU
    2) Demarcus Lawrence (OLB) Boise St
    3) Will Sutton (DT) Arizona St
    4) Jarvis Landry (WR) LSU
    5) John Urschel (OC) Penn St
    6) Shamar Stephen (DT) UConn
    7) Brock Coyle (ILB) Montana

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

^and playing each other this black friday eve.

Comment

• blahblahblah
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2013
        • Send PM

KC paper tiger.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
          Grammar Police
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

What is Mannings completion % since we played them last?
          Go Rivers!

Comment

• OhioBolt
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SFWfromESPN View Post
            Big Ben and Flacco are two that stand out. Both have proven they can win under pressure.

Big Ben Yes, Flaco Debatable

Comment

• Panamamike
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Buck View Post
              We suck too. KC beat 9 shitty teams. Denver is great. That's the truth.
              We have definitely let too many games get away from us. But we are 4-1 against teams with winning records. I don't think we suck. we have been inconsistent mainly due to a few deficiencies and mounting injuries. most of the teams in the league, including some of the "top" can say the same thing.

Comment

• RobH
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Tokyo, Japan
                • University English Lecturer
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                Wouldn't surprise me if they were huge enough to block several rows of seats. Like anyone cares about the ticketholders anymore.
                C'mon guys. Be realistic. The league isn't going to show Manning any kind of special treatment just cause he might have to play a SB in Jersey in the dead of winter in the wind and cold. They won't be buying any special heaters or doing anything of the kind. They'll let him know that he'll just have to play the cards dealt him, and if he can't hack it Jersey in those conditions in a state of the art stadium with a new roof installed, then he'll just have to buck up and retire.

Yes. Yes. I know that it's an open air stadium. For now.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

papa john will encase peyton in a giant pizza-warmer inbetween plays.

Comment

• Panama
                    パナマ
                    • Aug 2013
                    • London
                    • Opera singer and web developer.
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by RobH View Post
                    C'mon guys. Be realistic. The league isn't going to show Manning any kind of special treatment just cause he might have to play a SB in Jersey in the dead of winter in the wind and cold. They won't be buying any special heaters or doing anything of the kind. They'll let him know that he'll just have to play the cards dealt him, and if he can't hack it Jersey in those conditions in a state of the art stadium with a new roof installed, then he'll just have to buck up and retire.

Yes. Yes. I know that it's an open air stadium. For now.
                    I suppose it's possible he might have to play Arizona, but I'd be surprised if they made it that far. But I suppose that's one way the NFL could just about guarantee a Manning win without making it too obvious, which is the problem with the giant heater plan.
                    Adipose

Comment

• Heatmiser
                      BetterToday ThanYesterday
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Being totally honest and taking off my Charger fan glasses, this is what I see, JH:

Chargers will make it interesting but will fall short of the playoffs. There is just too much for them to overcome and so much depends on Rivers playing to the extreme limits of his ability. His consistency has been the best this season it has ever been (recall in years past, he always had a fewer unexplicable stinker games). Rivers will keep this team in games, but there are simply too many deficiencies/injuries to make it to the playoffs this year. I am sorry. Wish it were not true.

Chiefs will make the playoffs, lose in the first round (unless they play the Broncos, see below, then I don't know what to say). They have a team with few playoff experienced players, Reid has a poor playoff record given the talent and regular season performance of his Eagle teams, they depend too much on Charles and a playoff team (New England) will take him away or he could get hurt, they are very likely to turtle up and go ultraconservative on offense, this team is already doubting itself.

Broncos will make the playoffs, lose in the first round. (unless they draw the Chiefs, then it is a crap shoot). Ironically, if they get home field it will actually hurt them because Manning has a poor cold weather record. That is undeniable. And the colder it gets, the worse he plays. And much of it is from before he had serious neck surgery and was a lot younger. I think perhaps that is why they ran the ball so much against NE in that cold. Most of the potential playoff teams...Denver, KC, New England, Cincy, Balt/Pitts...play in cold weather. Not a good sign for Manning. And after a quick exit, the questions and doubts will all be heightened during the offseason. And next year's Broncos team might not be as talented as this years, even with Clady coming back. They cannot continue to add new pieces and keep all the expensive ones they have. And Manning will be a year older and a year at his age is a big deal.

TG
                      Last edited by Heatmiser; 11-26-2013, 06:51 AM.
                      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

fender57
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        Ironically, if they get home field it will actually hurt them because Manning has a poor cold weather record. That is undeniable. And the colder it gets, the worse he plays. And much of it is from before he had serious neck surgery and was a lot younger. I think perhaps that is why they ran the ball so much against NE in that cold. Most of the potential playoff teams...Denver, KC, New England, Cincy, Balt/Pitts...play in cold weather. Not a good sign for Manning. And after a quick exit, the questions and doubts will all be heightened during the offseason. And next year's Broncos team might not be as talented as this years, even with Clady coming back. They cannot continue to add new pieces and keep all the expensive ones they have. And Manning will be a year older and a year at his age is a big deal.
                        It was pretty evident the cold weather in New England affected Manning. The gameplan was handoff to Knowshon, which they did 37 times. Manning only got 150 yards. I too think it's the neck. He is not getting any younger. There won't be a Super Bowl for Manning unless it becomes unseasonably warm in Denver come January.

Comment

• thelightningwill
                          Go Aztecs and Pads
                          • Jul 2013
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
                          It was pretty evident the cold weather in New England affected Manning. The gameplan was handoff to Knowshon, which they did 37 times. Manning only got 150 yards. I too think it's the neck. He is not getting any younger. There won't be a Super Bowl for Manning unless it becomes unseasonably warm in Denver come January.
                          Wind.

Comment

Working...
                          X