• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Den60
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Clearly you have changed your mind, I'm just pointing out that about a year ago you were high on him. Hence my comment.
    And I have told you I wasn't, even pointed out the context in which I once, and only once, where I mentioned Te'o. You would do better if you would say I was pushing for Jarvis Jones. You might even find a few on here that would remember that I wanted a "bookend" for Ingram. ILB was never on my radar. I really don't like it when I get attributed to things I did not say. I do admit when I am wrong, though that is a rare occurrence. Would you like it if I decided to say that on the old board you said you'd like to see Peyton's daughter raped by Raider fans? No proof you didn't say that, eh?

Oh, though I rarely talk about specific players when it comes to the draft (I talk positions) I will admit to advocating the drafting of L. Green both prior to the draft and when he was still there in the 4th. Even though he didn't do much hos rookie year I still said that he was a guy who could develop into a replacement for Gates.

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
      from the 2013 draft class:
      inside linebackers taken before and after Teo:

Alec Ogletree STL 1st rd
      Kevin Minter AZ
      Kiko Alonso BUF
      Jon Bostic CHI
      Arthur Brown BAL

2nd round ilbs from previous years:
      Bobby Wagner SEA
      Sean Lee DAL
      Brandon Spikes NE
      James laurinaitis STL
      Paul Posluzny BUF
      David Harris NYJ
      Demeco Ryans HOU
      Why are you comparing him to guys taken ahead of him in either case?

Vincent Brown just isn't as good as Calvin Johnson! What a failure!

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
        It shouldn't be, I have been consistent on that point ever since it looked like he would be available on draft day. For a team with a lot of holes we could have stayed put, drafted Warford (hell, even traded back to do that) and still had our 4th round pick.
        What????? You would have picked ANOTHER offensive player???? But what about the defense!!!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
          I have no recollection of Den wanting Teo at any point.
          That's because you weren't privvy to the late night phone calls...

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

. I do admit when I am wrong, though that is a rare occurrence.
            Not really.

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

And I have told you I wasn't, even pointed out the context in which I once, and only once, where I mentioned Te'o. You would do better if you would say I was pushing for Jarvis Jones. You might even find a few on here that would remember that I wanted a "bookend" for Ingram. ILB was never on my radar. I really don't like it when I get attributed to things I did not say. I do admit when I am wrong, though that is a rare occurrence. Would you like it if I decided to say that on the old board you said you'd like to see Peyton's daughter raped by Raider fans? No proof you didn't say that, eh?
              The difference is that you actually did make a comment about how high you were on Te'o and I never said anything about Manning and his daughter. But you knew that.

Comment

• Formula 21
                The Future is Now
                • Jun 2013
                • Republic of San Diego
                • Send PM

I still like te'o and think he'll be a decent ilb for us. And he had an ok game today imo.
                Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                The Wasted Decade is done.
                Build Back Better.

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

He had some good moments. But go back and watch some of the runs and he's getting thrown around by the Cincy blockers. But hey, so was Butler.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                    He had some good moments. But go back and watch some of the runs and he's getting thrown around by the Cincy blockers. But hey, so was Butler.
                    Our entire front 7 was getting thrown around. At the end of the first quarter I happened to be looking on the field at Pagano with my binoculars and he was reaming Reyes pretty badly as the were walking towards the other end of the field. I'm talking about he was in his face for about 40 yards before Reyes turned towards the sidelines and walked away.

Comment

• blahblahblah
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2013
                      • Send PM

Our entire front 7 was getting thrown around. At the end of the first quarter I happened to be looking on the field at Pagano with my binoculars and he was reaming Reyes pretty badly as the were walking towards the other end of the field. I'm talking about he was in his face for about 40 yards before Reyes turned towards the sidelines and walked away.
                      Considering how gawd awful Reyes is 40 yards seems light.

Comment

• homeless simpson
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
                        Why are you comparing him to guys taken ahead of him in either case?
                        the question was which ILB was better in their rookie year. I didn't compare him to guys taken ahead of him, there was only one inside linebacker drafted in the first round, Teo was the 2nd ILB taken in the draft. I merely listed all the ILBs drafted in 2013 so people can do their own comparisons of who was doing better in their rookie year. much like how Fluker gets compared to guys drafted before or after him

I listed other ILBs from previous drafts taken in the 2nd round that had started their rookie years just for comparison, because at the time of my post that was what was being discussed how he's doing as a rookie ILB.

do you have a problem with my post or answer to what's being discussed?

Comment

Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

I agree with your basic point. But the D is struggling with the loss of so many key players that I think it is very hard to evaluate any one individual player, actually. The unit is very interdependent. A DT who can play in this league would be a huge improvement, ostensibly helping Te'o and Butler. But how do you evaluate Wright, Cox and Marshall when there's next to no push with Ingram/Freeney out? How do you evaluate Reyes and Liuget without a NT or knowing they have JJ and Ingram behind them? Hell, where was Keiser today? I just think this unit is in over its head with so many key holes and a general lack of depth. But man, the whole crew looks really disorganized. And thats on Pagano. I see no evidence of a defensive philosophy whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                          X