First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pumpkinhead80

Originally posted by sandiego17 View Post
    Alrightie then.

Not personal. Attacking the poster instead of the post is personal.
    everyone is stupid but this self contradicting mongo...

according to him of course.

Comment

• Den60
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

So calling for Fluker to be replaced at tackle before having played a game and TT "should be fired" comments after less than one offseason are reasonable and not meant to be inflammatory? Disagree.
      Never said he should be replaced, only that I think he will not be a very good RT and said why I think that way. I have also said, which you ignore, that I think he could be a good to possibly very good guard. But when I view him in that light I see him as a reach at #11. It is crap like this which I find tiresome, the fact that people cannot even deal with a position I make without misrepresenting me. Hell, I just had to post a dissertation because Q implied I have been detailed enough in my opinions.

No, when it comes down to it. People on here don't like anyone going off the reservation when it comes to supporting the new regime.
      Last edited by Den60; 07-06-2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
        Wow Alex, I explained it twice and you don't get it.
        Kettle. Pot. Black.

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
          No one is saying this team is going to go 14-2 and knock off the Broncos.

But at the same time, I think most posters here feel that it's not crazy to think that this team is not complete garbage and could be a .500-ish team and be in contention for a Wild Card.

"Reality" is what this team will be at the end of the year and no one knows what that will be.
          500ish implies somewhere around 8 wins. Why is it when someone posts that they think this team tops out at 6 wins that they get pummeled for being negative then? That is just 2 wins from being 500 and just one fewer wins than last year, right?

Of course when I look at the schedule I don't see 6 wins there since many of what I would consider our "winnable" games require us to travel to the east coast. I think the top of the Bell curve would be at 4.5 wins myself.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharger View Post
            There is another camp here. The camp I am in is that A.J. left the team a mess, and it's going to take some time to right the ship. I don't think that we're going to be the worst or the best in the AFC West this season, and am ok with that. Give these guys some time to implement their plan FFS.

The thing about Den's negativity that bugs me is that he apparently was expecting Telesco to fix every area of concern in one off-season and make us compete for the AFC West championship this year,
            and that's just not reasonable.
            Bullshit, never said that. I did say I expected him to do more to rebuild the o-line. As I see it, it is no better off (long term) than it was last year. I also question his vision when it comes to building a roster (glaringly apparent when you look at OLB). And, I absolutely hate the move of signing Freeney.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Alrightie then.

Not personal. Attacking the poster instead of the post is personal.
              Wrong again. Never called him stupid. I said what he posted which was that Butler's value is diminished because we signed Te'o was stupid. There is a dearth of talent on this team so getting rid of one of the few proven young players is just plain stupid. This is especially true in the context in which the post should be taken, the defense by Sinky of the signing of Freeney which makes finding the money to extend Butler very, very difficult this season.

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                No Sir, I Dont Like It
                • Jun 2013
                • Section 457
                • Migrant Film Worker
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                Kettle. Pot. Black.
                Racist
                Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                sigpic

Comment

• Den60
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
                  Racist
                  Would it be better if I just said I hate everybody equally?

Comment

• Fleet
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Cardiff - Poipu
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by pumpkinhead80 View Post
                    i notice most threads get hijacked on here. everyone i've posted on and made an attempt to follow has the original topic and then at some point becomes the same group of people arguing completely different unrelated topics in it to the point where it becomes tedious to sift through for those that want to continue to take part in the thread topic.
                    Yea ive noticed the same. Eventually posters PM asking for the thread to be closed. I know why it happens and how. It was the same story at the old forum. I think we might be forced to make some changes soon. I generally get a headache seeing the same posters going at it over the same arguments.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                      Dont let the PBs fool ya
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Henderson, NV
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                      Never said he should be replaced, only that I think he will not be a very good RT and said why I think that way. I have also said, which you ignore, that I think he could be a good to possibly very good guard. But when I view him in that light I see him as a reach at #11. It is crap like this which I find tiresome, the fact that people cannot even deal with a position I make without misrepresenting me. Hell, I just had to post a dissertation because Q implied I have been detailed enough in my opinions.

No, when it comes down to it. People on here don't like anyone going off the reservation when it comes to supporting the new regime.
                      Well damn, you should let the staff know of your findings from reading an article on some draft site and tell them to stop playing him at RT in practice.

Ill leave it up to the staff to decide where he should play. I like this staff already though since they right away moved Clary's sorry ass to OG when the last staff didnt....but should of. We'll see about Fluker. If he continues to get better as the season goes, i think he will be fine. The guy seems to want to really work at it to be better.
                      Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-06-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet View Post
                        Yea ive noticed the same. Eventually posters PM asking for the thread to be closed. I know why it happens and how. It was the same story at the old forum. I think we might be forced to make some changes soon. I generally get a headache seeing the same posters going at it over the same arguments.
                        Closing threads is going to open up a can of worms, IMO. Personally, the only threads that *I* think need to be closed are those that have either clearly gone political (in which case, they should just be moved), or have degraded into a one-on-one pissing contest. Just because someone chooses to be negative (or 'balanced; ), and continues to press that opinion, it's all cool to me. I think it gets tiresome because, deep down, many of us agree with it to some extent and don't want to face the prospect of a throw-away season in July.

IMO, the sooner we accept that this is rebuilding year, the more harmonious it will be around here.

Comment

• Fleet
                          TPB Founder
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Cardiff - Poipu
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                          Closing threads is going to open up a can of worms, IMO. Personally, the only threads that *I* think need to be closed are those that have either clearly gone political (in which case, they should just be moved), or have degraded into a one-on-one pissing contest. Just because someone chooses to be negative (or 'balanced; ), and continues to press that opinion, it's all cool to me. I think it gets tiresome because, deep down, many of us agree with it to some extent and don't want to face the prospect of a throw-away season in July.

IMO, the sooner we accept that this is rebuilding year, the more harmonious it will be around here.
                          Whether someones opinion about the Chargers is positive or negative...to continue to say the same shit over and over and over again just gets a little old. I dont think anyone is tired because they know deep down the negativity is warranted....most here knew going in that the new staff had a huge uphill battle. Especially when the GM says he will build this team long term through the draft. And expecting every draft pick to be a stud especially in a draft that is being recognized as one of the worst talent wise in years is a whole other issue. The complaints im getting are from posters that have yet to even say anything. Scared to even post out of fear of being attacked etc. Thats sad to me. When was the last time we had posters like that? AnxVariety? Antonios Gates?

Its clear to me that some posters...who have made it known from day 2 of free agency that they dont like the new regime...are going to be critical about the team in every manner.

The past few years of AJs service nobody was more critical than me...but did i think my brothers at the forum wanted to hear me cry about it 24/7?? Fuck no. Because i know that this place is more than just my personal place to say what i want...We all have turned this forum into something much greater than just a charger forum. This is family here. We mesh here. We work on problems together. When one hurts we all hurt. When one is happy we share that happiness with the community. When one is dead set on being angry all the time and in the faces of other posters its going to affect the forum in a bad way.

This is Aloha here...where when things get tough we rally around our team like its our child. Are we drinking the coolaid and burying our heads in the sand that our team is in trouble?? Hell no....We just have to stay the course and understand that its going to take some time. IMO nothing a GM does before the team even plays ONE FUCKING GAME.. is worthy of firing..its just an idiotic thing to say. It clearly tells me that the hate runs way deeper and that rational thinking is probably not going to happen. Or rational comments. But just because posters are trying to remain hopeful before we even see the product dosnt mean that we are privately too scared to say that.

Comment

Working...
                          X