• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Memonybolt
    • Jul 2013
    • New York city
    • Send PM

Back to football.

I dont think the 2013 defense will be better than the 2012 defense, and it wont be Pagano's fault, the turnover on the defense has been too much.

On the d-line we dont have Garay, Franklin and Martin, and we have Wynn and Geathers to replace them. For me, this is a downgrade, based on paper.

For the OLBs, we dont have Phillips, Ingram and Barnes, the replacements are Freeney and Williams, for me, again, on paper, this is a downgrade.

at ILB we dont have Spikes and now have Teo. I think we will be OK with the starters, but D. Williams is gone and there is no replacement unless Bird showed Pagano enough to make the rotation with Mouton. Because we dont have Williams, I think that on paper the ILB was also downgraded, assuming Teo is an OK replacement for Spikes.

I feel we have a train wreck at CB, this because Cox and Wright cant be counted on to play 16 games, but if they do, then the train wreck should be avoided and we should have an OK CB group with Williams, I think, being a good surprise.

At Safety we will be OK with Weddle but the rest is just a big gamble, Gilchrist at SS for me is better than Gilchrist at CB, I still think Gilchrist is a backup FS, I think he would be a more versatile version of Gregory, but after these guys, Stuckey is a special teamer and nothing else, and it will be a miracle if Taylor is ready to go in week one.

So, I honestly think our defense will be worse than in 2012 and that it wont be Pagano's fault, but I sure hope I'm wrong. The stats we have on defense probably wont be that bad because I think our offense will be better in 2013 versus 2013 (bar is very low) and that will help the defense with a better TOP.
    Memohm1976 on espn

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
      Actually I watched 5 or 6 games from last year on YouTube where the game was broken down to just the offensive plays for Alabama. Of course, I did read the negative reports as well as those that were positive on him. I do believe that "fans" tend to look for the good things over the bad things on a pick and I have been guilty of that in the past as well. From that I was able to see that he does indeed struggle with speed on the outside and I came across thinking he wasn't that good in space either. You have to remember that prior to the draft Fluker's name didn't even come up on the old board until just a couple of days before the draft. Even on draft day a lot of people were shaking their head regarding the pick. Then the Koolaid was served and the rest is history.
      Fluker pretty much shut down Barkavious Mingo in their game against LSU. Mingo made only a couple of measley plays and after one of them Fluker threw him back about 5 yards on his ass...lol. Now i wasnt one that was high on Mingo but many others were. IMO he is another Many Lawson but again, many liked him and he went #6 overall and Fluker kept him in check.
      Like i said, i'll take the wait and see approach instead of saying he will stink. He surely cant be as bad as Clary and id think would be better as a run blocker at least.

Comment

• Boltjolt
        Dont let the PBs fool ya
        • Jun 2013
        • Henderson, NV
        • Send PM

I also have to say, ive never put anybody on ignore...ever! Im pretty tolerant and there have been some real dipshits in the forums i go to and i dont just mean this one though Cannon was a troll but more entertaining to me than anything else. 1CoolGuyBolt...lol what a douche that guy was but i didnt ignore him either.
        This board has been imo the best as far as posters not overeacting and being pretty knowledgable over the years.

I LOVE the fact that the old board and this one allows us to curse like sailors where all the others bleep the words out. Ive been put in timeouts before but never from a Chargers board. From another fans board and a tech board for really saying nothing bad at all. I got in a timeout from the Ganggreen board for saying i loved the draft pick we got from them for trading them Cromartie after whatever stipulation it was that made it a 2nd rounder. Got in a TO right away for that. How awful of me, lol.

I dont envy the babysitters.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Memonybolt View Post
          Back to football.

I dont think the 2013 defense will be better than the 2012 defense, and it wont be Pagano's fault, the turnover on the defense has been too much.

On the d-line we dont have Garay, Franklin and Martin, and we have Wynn and Geathers to replace them. For me, this is a downgrade, based on paper.

For the OLBs, we dont have Phillips, Ingram and Barnes, the replacements are Freeney and Williams, for me, again, on paper, this is a downgrade.

at ILB we dont have Spikes and now have Teo. I think we will be OK with the starters, but D. Williams is gone and there is no replacement unless Bird showed Pagano enough to make the rotation with Mouton. Because we dont have Williams, I think that on paper the ILB was also downgraded, assuming Teo is an OK replacement for Spikes.

I feel we have a train wreck at CB, this because Cox and Wright cant be counted on to play 16 games, but if they do, then the train wreck should be avoided and we should have an OK CB group with Williams, I think, being a good surprise.

At Safety we will be OK with Weddle but the rest is just a big gamble, Gilchrist at SS for me is better than Gilchrist at CB, I still think Gilchrist is a backup FS, I think he would be a more versatile version of Gregory, but after these guys, Stuckey is a special teamer and nothing else, and it will be a miracle if Taylor is ready to go in week one.

So, I honestly think our defense will be worse than in 2012 and that it wont be Pagano's fault, but I sure hope I'm wrong. The stats we have on defense probably wont be that bad because I think our offense will be better in 2013 versus 2013 (bar is very low) and that will help the defense with a better TOP.
          Bird, the staff loved last year but Mouton has shown ZIP! In fact, didnt Norv say he wasnt ready to play at this level? Te'o is a rookie but i expect him to be a really good player. He could struggle early but think he will catch on quickly. My big concerns on defense are depth, the OLB's and the CB's staying healthy.
          Last edited by Boltjolt; 07-06-2013, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
            This is only my own opinion, but I haven't seen anything deteriorate into an unsolvable problem here.

I myself, will try to keep on topic, as I know that I have turned threads into other issues or subjects without realising it at the time. (ADD) It happens, but I will work on it too.
            Threads sometime just naturally go off topic. Most of the time people arent steering a thread towards a different subject on purpose.
            Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

As I have posted before, always liked Den and found him amusing and a good, knowledgable Charger fan. Something happened a year or so ago. He got very negative, but still funny. He is still funny, a knowledgeable fan, but heading to the end of the negative continuum more so each day. At first I thought it was all just a joke, but apparently it is not. Not sure why. I still like the guy as a poster. The best way to stop the same thrashing is to not participate in it from your end.

Pumpkinhead makes a good point, but part of what makes these boards great is the unexpected places and turns a thread can take you. Would hate to lose that, Fleet. Again, I think the best way to address the repetitive rehashings is to resist the temptation to take the bait again and again and again.

Now back to this thread about Gene Klein letting Fred Dean and John Jefferson go.

TG
              Last edited by Heatmiser; 07-06-2013, 06:17 PM.
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                By the way, I can't believe someone wouldn't post because they are afraid of being attacked! If their skin is THAT thin then maybe they shouldn't.
                I could see someone being timid at first.

I think after their first debate theyd see its no big deal
                Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Fleet
                  TPB Founder
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Cardiff - Poipu
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  As I have posted before, always liked Den and found him amusing and a good, knowledgable Charger fan. Something happened a year or so ago. He got very negative, but still funny. He is still funny, a knowledgeable fan, but heading to the end of the negative continuum more so each day. At first I thought it was all just a joke, but apparently it is not. Not sure why. I still like the guy as a poster. The best way to stop the same thrashing is to not participate in it from your end.

Pumpkinhead makes a good point, but part of what makes these boards great is the unexpected places and turns a thread can take you. Would hate to lose that, Fleet. Again, I think the best way to address the repetitive rehashings is to resist the temptation to take the bait again and again and again.

Now back to this thread about Gene Klein letting Fred Dean and John Jefferson go.

TG
                  I dont know how to respond to this. Im not going to sit here and watch Den call my brothers stupid or suggest that they stop being stupid. Its sort of become personal. I dont ban people because they dont know any better...i ban them when they try to antagonize and agitate the posting community here.

Ive opened my PM for suggestions...if any of you want to discuss this you can do it privately with me.

Ive already taken numerous PMs from posters who have issues with this certain poster.

If i have to lose a poster to help the community remain strong i will.

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                    Grammar Police
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Not for PC police, like to cuss shit out on gameday, think people who would rather pm a mod before attempting to communicate are a bigger problem the anything anyone said. Think we all should bring our bigboy pants or get use to sandy panties, but thats just me. This is a football forum, not tea and crumpits. But maybe thats just me...
                    Go Rivers!

Comment

• Beerman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Eastlake
                      • Send PM

What are these sandy panties you speak of?

Comment

• oneinchpunch
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                        Man, youve gotten so used to em that you dont even notice anymore.
                        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
                          Time to display some grit
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X