• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
    This list grows with each win and shrinks with each loss. Since this is a 'win' week, I'll post my new 'final' list of guys we should keep next year (and this means that guys who are FAs should be re-signed...whoever they may be):

OFFENSE:

QB
    Rivers
    Sorensen

RB
    Mathews
    Woodhead

WR

Tutu
    Allen

TE
    Gates
    Green

OL
    Fluker
    Hardwick
    Rhienhart
    Harris
    Troutman

DEFENSE:

DL
    Liuget
    Reyes
    Lissimore

OLB
    Freeney
    JJ
    Ingram
    Keiser
    TWilliams

ILB
    Te'o
    Walker

CB
    Wright
    Gilchrist
    SWilliams

Safety
    Weddle
    Taylor
    Addae

ST
    Windt
    Scifries
    Novack
    Stuckey
    Bird
    Gackhar

That's 35 definite 'keepers' (based on my definition of the word). There are a number of guys I am on the fence about, for reasons of health, salary and/or performance:

Offense
    - Malcolm Floyd
    - Danario Alexander
    - Vincent Brown
    - Eddie Royal

Gotta figure that at least 2, perhaps 3 of these guys will be back. Floyd is under contract, so it's really up to him. That hit he took...really scary. At some point these guys have to know when to quit. I think we'll draft a WR/KR in the later rounds.

- King Dunlap

Another guy that has a big decision to make. I'd love to see him back, but, again, he has to honestly evaluate the risk. I believe we should draft an offensive lineman at, or near, the top of the draft in any case.

- Jeromey Clary

On a 2-year, reduced contract. If he balks, adios.

Defense
    - Donald Butler

Guess we've wasted enough bandwidth on this guy. I'm in the camp that says we offer him a contract based on his overall performance AND durability. Like Clary, if he decides to go elsewhere, so be it.

- Cam Thomas
    - Kawme Gaethers

OK, pick your poison. We need depth at NT after we sign BJ Raji (LOL!), so one of these guys has to stick. Gaethers is under contract; Thomas isn't. That might be the deciding factor right there. Failing to sign Raji, we need to draft a NT very early in the draft, IMO.

As for the rest of the roster, it's pretty much all just guys...and not very good guys, either. Your last 4-5 positions on the team will be scrubs/depth, so I can see a guy like Johnny Patrick or Lawrence Guy being re-signed for vet minimum. But the rest of the roster is just plain old trash and needs to be dispensed with.

I would like to see Butler, Clary, Dunlap, and Floyd back in uniform, but it's a long shot that all four will be wearing the lightning bolts next season. But, for arguments' sake, if, from my list of questionables, we manage to re-sign those 4, plus (choose 1) Alexander/Royal/Brown, plus Patrick, Guy, and, say, Gaethers, that brings the total to 42.

Room for 10 more between draft choices, URFAs, and free agent signings.
    This team has no talent on either side of the ball.

Except for Lionhart, he should be kept
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• QSmokey
      Guardedly Optimistic
      • Jun 2013
      • Kuna, Idaho
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by oneinchpunch View Post
      This team has no talent on either side of the ball.

Except for Lionhart, he should be kept
      Whooosh! The sound of that post going straight over my head.

Comment

Working...
      X