• Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Mike McCoy fired!

Yikes!

Talk about knee jerk. Things looking even worse for the Donkeys. Simian and Osweiler as your QB limits your offense mightily.....

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

Elway was the one who rehired McCoy. He always respects McCoy due to his success in their offense under Tebow and Manning. Vance Joseph was really the one who pulled the trigger. I don't know if Elway like this or not. He has given the head coach authority to fire their assistants. Most organizations do that. There are rumors now that Joseph actually wanted his own guy. But he settled with McCoy due to his respect and trust of Elway that he's a rookie head coach (sound familiar?).

Anyway, if this wasn't Elway call, if Joseph was indeed the one who axed McCoy then the infighting in DEN is very noticeable now.
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

He might want to talk to UCLA. They need a coach.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

He might want to take some time off. Getting fired twice in one year leaves a mark.

I do really think he is a fine man. Crying CJ specifically mentioned it was McCoy who consoled him after he coughed up a critical fumble.

TG

Comment

• Bolt-O
          Administrator
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Yeah, a good man. A leader of a team of Men (ok Pro football players), not really. Joseph has that responsibility, but Mike had nothing at QB and that OL is horrible. Outside Demaryus Thomas, trash.

He can't sit around like Chip Kelly, as he only had one more year of getting paid by the Chargers. A College team might be his way back, I don't know if a Pro spot at OC is tenable.

Comment

• Heatmiser
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Maybe Utah or someone will hire him as their OC?

Broncos fans now realize what many non Bronco fans were saying...hiring a DC who presided over a defense that set records for poor play in Miami as your HC was a head scratcher. Elway was the only one who was so in love with how Vance Johnson interviewed that he hired him blindly. Firing Wade Philips was another head scratcher. Wade never seems to get his due and his defenses deliver every year, on multiple teams.

TG

Comment

• richpjr
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Nashville
              • Send PM

The reality is the Broncos are a bad team and Elway set the team up to fail trying to go with the garbage he has at QB. No team is going to win with Simien and Osweiler at QB, especially with how bad that offensive line and running back corp are. Maybe Paxton Lynch is the answer but since has has been hurt all season, that's hardly on McCoy. McCoy is clearly not head coach material but I think he is a good OC.

Comment

• Coachmarkos
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • SoDak
                • Technology Director
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
                a bad team and Elway set the team up to fail trying to go with the garbage he has at QB. No team is going to win with Simien and Osweiler at QB, especially with how bad that offensive line and running back corp are. Maybe Paxton Lynch is the answer but since has has been hurt all season, that's hardly on McCoy. McCoy is clearly not head coach m
                He sold out this team to win a Super Bowl when he had Manning. Paid big time money for some defensive starters... Ware, Talib, etc...
                -Now that they don't have Manning, they are going to struggle. Plus, their defense has lost some players due to FA and they aren't the same unit.

Although I'm happy to see them struggle, It's not that surprising.
                "...of course that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

He sold out this team to win a Super Bowl when he had Manning. Paid big time money for some defensive starters... Ware, Talib, etc...
                  -Now that they don't have Manning, they are going to struggle. Plus, their defense has lost some players due to FA and they aren't the same unit.

Although I'm happy to see them struggle, It's not that surprising.
                  They were picked to finish last and win 6 games this year by a lot of people. Not surprising at all.

Comment

• WindsorUK
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2013
                    • Windsor, U.K.
                    • Send PM

At least they were smart enough to cut their losses now that they've realized McCoy isn't very good. Hell, we gave him an extension!
                    You're right though- great human being not a great football coach. And ultimately, the first part is the only thing that matters.

Comment

• Formula 21
                      The Future is Now
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Republic of San Diego
                      • Send PM

Pags soon to follow.
                      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                      The Wasted Decade is done.
                      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt-O
                        Administrator
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

I read that McCoy was on a 3 yr contract, so he's set for now.

Comment

Working...
                        X