• Show
Clear All
  • richpjr
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Nashville
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
    I read that McCoy was on a 3 yr contract, so he's set for now.
    Doesn't he still get $4 million from the Chargers next year?

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Bolt-O commented
      Editing a comment
      I might be wrong, but it may be for this year on a 2 yr contract.
  • vinabolt
    Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
    • Feb 2015
    • Send PM

Most people are set for life with $4 mil..
    Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• Panamamike
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
      Most people are set for life with $4 mil..
      Not true at all. Many pro athletes are flat broke within 5 years of retirement. Lottery winners too. Sudden wealth can and is often gone just as suddenly as it came.

Comment

• vinabolt
        Vietnamese Chargers' Fan
        • Feb 2015
        • Send PM

I mean that if they're smart with their spending, lol. If they keep treating scam as "investment" and get bankrupt, no amount of $$ will be enough.
        Follow me and my wife here: https://twitter.com/gossip_lady_se

Comment

• captaind
          Cook This Pork Chops
          • Jun 2013
          • Mars
          • Ball Holder
          • Send PM

Originally posted by coachmarkos View Post

He sold out this team to win a Super Bowl when he had Manning. Paid big time money for some defensive starters... Ware, Talib, etc...
          -Now that they don't have Manning, they are going to struggle. Plus, their defense has lost some players due to FA and they aren't the same unit.

Although I'm happy to see them struggle, It's not that surprising.
          I reminded my wife that I told her this years ago, and that the day of reckoning would eventually come. And now it's here.

Not really McMeh's fault, he's just the scapegoat. Donkeys fans won't figure that out for another few losing seasons to come.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by vinabolt View Post
            Elway was the one who rehired McCoy. He always respects McCoy due to his success in their offense under Tebow and Manning. Vance Joseph was really the one who pulled the trigger. I don't know if Elway like this or not. He has given the head coach authority to fire their assistants. Most organizations do that. There are rumors now that Joseph actually wanted his own guy. But he settled with McCoy due to his respect and trust of Elway that he's a rookie head coach (sound familiar?).

Anyway, if this wasn't Elway call, if Joseph was indeed the one who axed McCoy then the infighting in DEN is very noticeable now.
            The word locally is that Elway doesn't like McCoy and that Mike was a Vance hire and fire

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• vinabolt
              vinabolt commented
              Editing a comment
              Well, that's strange, because I don't recall McCoy and Vance have any history working with each other, while McCoy had some success working for Elway before. I would take DEN's media info with a grain of salt, they seem protecting the image of Elway for some reasons. Probably because he was their hero, used to be their heroic QB. So they just avoid things that make Elway looks bad. Of course, McCoy couldn't be Elway's hire, now that it's already perceive a bad hire.

If DEN offense perform well I guarantee they will tell us it was Elway's hire all the way, lol. DEN has one of the most paranoid fan bases out there. Their local media probably isn't any better.

• oneinchpunch
              oneinchpunch commented
              Editing a comment
              Actually local media has been highly critical of Elway. With their sources saying that Elway was very happy to see McCoy go
          • oneinchpunch
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
            Yeah, a good man. A leader of a team of Men (ok Pro football players), not really. Joseph has that responsibility, but Mike had nothing at QB and that OL is horrible. Outside Demaryus Thomas, trash.
            Sanders is good. Thomas has been pretty awful this season. Broncos tried to trade him.

Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• pemory09
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2017
              • Send PM

Comment

• Steve
                Administrator
                • Jun 2013
                • South Carolina
                • Meteorologist